Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2016, 01:57 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The only "evidence" I need is that the alternative to ID is a "cosmic accident". Or is there another option?
Yes there are...I suggest you go out and learn about them if you truly are curious. Other than that, it's your life and if you like to shut your brain off and not understand the world you live in then that is your problem not ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 02:00 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
And you hit the nail on the head: we innately know right from wrong. That is my whole point. Not book based, etc... I believe it is imprinted in our DNA and our free will is where we choose to follow or not.

Therein lies the question: if it is innately in all of us, where does this knowledge come from? Can't be societal as that is learned and/or observed. Innate means born with.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
You said no evil was done with good intentions... The WHO, CDC, etc... That does animal testing think their intentions are good. It was your definition of evil which failed the logic.
No my definition of evil is exactly how I view evil. The NIH and all the institutions that perform animal testing are intentionally harming animals...this is evil at it's finest.

Quote:
My 'caregivers' were irrelevant to your point but I was allowed to find my own way from the age of 10 and I chose atheism.
It's completely relevant. A person's religion is as accidental as were they were raised, and by whom they were raised.

Quote:
And I've never referenced a 'book' in regards to God. Again, your assumptions from past 'debates' you've had with some literalists isn't very practical. But, we Hans do get set in our ways.
So are you saying that you are a Christian that has never read the bible? Does not look towards the bible to tell you how to think and behave?

Old 01-27-2016, 02:02 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yes there are...I suggest you go out and learn about them if you truly are curious. Other than that, it's your life and if you like to shut your brain off and not understand the world you live in then that is your problem not ours.
OK, so you're saying there are multiple other options for how the universe/life began, other than ID or a cosmic accident. What are they? Do they have names? Can you give a hint?

Old 01-27-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
OK, so you're saying there are multiple other options for how the universe/life began, other than ID or a cosmic accident. What are they? Do they have names? Can you give a hint?
Come on stop being so infantile. You're a big boy go look it up...I am not here to coddle your infantile requests.

See what happens when you stop asking questions and simply invoke id?

Old 01-27-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Come on stop being so infantile. You're a big boy go look it up...I am not here to coddle your infantile requests.

See what happens when you stop asking questions and simply invoke id?
If you can't provide an answer, I'll have to assume there are no other alternatives to ID other than a cosmic accident, at least as far as you know. I thought with your expertise, you might be able to give me a Reader's Digest version.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:29 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times
Quote:
If you can't provide an answer, I'll have to assume there are no other alternatives to ID other than a cosmic accident, at least as far as you know. I thought with your expertise, you might be able to give me a Reader's Digest version.
In other words....

"I can't be bothered to educate myself, so why don't you try to do it for me so I can ignore it and continue being uneducated."

Old 01-27-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Just more infantile statements.

We have theories that explain all the things you are asking. These theories are well known and you can look them up.

To invoke id when you don't know something is must nonsensical and shows a lack of curiosity and logic.

There is nothing intelligent about the layout of the Universe or life on Earth.

If fact it's a very bad design especially if it supposedly came from in intelligent designer.

Curious what exactly you think is intelligent about the layout of the Universe and life on earth?

You are missing lots of information if you think this is intelligent design. You are missing more information than I have the time or space to fill here on CD.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:35 PM

589 posts, read 331,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
In other words....

"I can't be bothered to educate myself, so why don't you try to do it for me so I can ignore it and continue being uneducated."
No, he thought you could give an answer so you guys could continue this conversation, I mean debate.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
In other words....

Not at all. I went over that in an earlier post. However, if someone is going to poo-poo my belief in ID, he/she should be able to give an alternative, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality