Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2016, 09:33 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
People say you run away because you have a history of such . You make big claims about defeating atheism but never accomplish this, instead you leave and then when this is pointed out you make excuses for why you left . The idea that you have ever completely dominated any atheist in a discussion is so laughable as to cause beer to come out my nose .

Please dude, be serious . You have never stood your ground with any atheist ever . You leave, and you yell " well so, you're STILL on the losing team " as you exit . When I hear that phrase from you I know you are toast .
There is NUTHIN' to stand against.
That you think there is, is what's laughable.
Nobody "runs away" from nuthin'. Get bored and look for more capable and deserving competitors maybe...but never "run away". There is nothing to run from when it comes to Atheism. Few concepts are as feeble and pitiful.

The concept based upon a flawed "No Evidence" premise...that is easily proved wrong on its face!
The Religious my be wrong too...but at least they have their super-mojo and ultra acceptance & embrace to back them up.
Atheism gets steamrolled by Religion...let alone by Theism in general.
The Atheist "Concept of Nuthin" is the poster-child for a "Nuthin' Concept".
Well, at least you do have The Flying Spaghetti Monster and Invisible Pink Unicorns going for you. Which is indicative of how "together" a concept Atheism is! HaHaHaHa...what a joke!

Look...there is a "Pecking Order" for everything in this world...and Atheism is way down towards the bottom of it.

I've said it many times: Atheism VS Theism is like a bad Little League team with a losing record, against the Yankees.
Actually, I take that back...that's an insult to bad Little League teams.

I didn't make the world the way it is...and Athiesm as weak and pathetic as it is...that's just how this world happens to be.
You guys like facts so much...get hip to that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 04:47 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,214,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Nobody "runs away" from nuthin'. Get bored and look for more capable and deserving competitors maybe...but never "run away". There is nothing to run from when it comes to Atheism. Few concepts are as feeble and pitiful.
It seems you are angry at NUTHIN. Maybe you prayed to NUTHIN and it happened at some point. Or perhaps you have just not opened yourself to the possibility of NUTHIN.

Here....let me share a parable from the book of NUTHIN.....

Old 04-15-2016, 06:38 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:

The concept based upon a flawed "No Evidence" premise...that is easily proved wrong on its face!
The Religious my be wrong too...but at least they have their super-mojo and ultra acceptance & embrace to back them up.
Well, at least you do have The Flying Spaghetti Monster and Invisible Pink Unicorns going for you. Which is indicative of how "together" a concept Atheism is! HaHaHaHa...what a joke!

Look...there is a "Pecking Order" for everything in this world...and Atheism is way down towards the bottom of it.

I've said it many times: Atheism VS Theism is like a bad Little League team with a losing record, against the Yankees.

I didn't make the world the way it is...and Athiesm as weak and pathetic as it is...that's just how this world happens to be.

Do you really think anyone here takes your childish rants seriously?

LOL . You have become so lame and infantile that you really aren't even worth the trouble to respond to anymore .

Old 04-15-2016, 06:42 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
I chose labels that I don't believe, but that you would strenuously object to. This is my point, you do not believe your own claims when it comes to something that you know is real and has a negative impact on you. You are the one who was claiming that something is objectively true if even one person perceives it as such, but when you have skin in the game, suddenly we need evidence that is consistent with an agreed upon definition, which has been my position from the jump.

But you demonstrably do this. You substitute the metaphoric usage of God for its definition, you insist time and time again that God is what anyone perceives it to be. You in essence have hijacked a discussion of squares, by claiming a square can have as many sides as you want it to have, and then claiming to have found a 3 sided square.

Never claimed otherwise. Dictionaries are great things, for recording non-exhaustive examples of how language is used. But they are not definitive, and they certainly are not used to dictate language to us. Using a dictionary is not substitute for understanding context, and the way in which a word is used. Misusing the dictionary to try and create false equivalences, I would argue is the "dumbstuff"

No, I have an alternate theory. You lose interest because you are being called on your crap, and know that it is indefensible. In order for your assertion that you can prove that God exists, you have to play tortured games with language. The telling bit is that you are not so willing to play those games if they are applied to you and to words that can actually harm you. When the chips are down and something is at stake you want clear meaningful definitions, you want want evidence, and you will not accept someone else's perception as definitive.

I would submit that the reason why it is so hard for you to explain your Pantheist view is not malice or stupidity on the part of those of us critiquing your arguments, but of fundamental deficiencies and weaknesses in those arguments. It is not may fault that you cannot defend your belief in a logically coherent way, it is that you have chosen the wrong arguments.

-NoCapo
I ought to point out that, on one debate, Gldnrule made the cardinal mistake of being honest. He had been reciting the Mystical line that God is everything and therefore God is real and I got this down to the distinction between God and nature of whether it is forward panning intelligent or not, and Gldie said it was. Mystic is far smarter than his disciple and always evades that trap. But Gldrule has let the burden of proof (that "God" is intelligent) revert back on him, but is of course pretending that he has forgotten and is still trying the semantic 'God is everything' trick.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:54 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:

The question is, why do you spend so much time on here, 4,626 posts worth, talking about how atheism is nuthin? I mean, isn't that what you are always trying to say about the atheists on here? That we spend too much time talking about religion? Why the double standard, Gldn? Are you so obsessed with atheists, that you spend all this time here trying to make fun of us using childish, ignorant rants?

Why do you spend so much of your time on here talking down about atheists?

Old 04-15-2016, 06:57 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
Christopher Hitchens on his death bed may have admitted that just maybe there is a force or intelligence in the universe that is God....BUT - He could not state that because his family depends on book sale royalties....I never thought of Hitchens as an atheist but more of a heretic. He despised religion...that does not mean he had a problem with God.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:21 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,373,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Christopher Hitchens on his death bed may have admitted that just maybe there is a force or intelligence in the universe that is God....BUT - He could not state that because his family depends on book sale royalties....
So not only are you inventing thoughts for a dead man that you have no reason to think he actually thought.... but you are inventing a financial conspiracy theory to explain the lack of evidence for it.

That is certainly a new low.

Old 04-15-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
The question is, why do you spend so much time on here, 4,626 posts worth, talking about how atheism is nuthin? I mean, isn't that what you are always trying to say about the atheists on here? That we spend too much time talking about religion? Why the double standard, Gldn? Are you so obsessed with atheists, that you spend all this time here trying to make fun of us using childish, ignorant rants?

Why do you spend so much of your time on here talking down about atheists?
I have explained it many times.
My work requires me to be at a PC anyway. There is "lag time" (the songs for a performers set to finish playing, the response on photo choices and edits from photographers for magazine layouts, etc)...and I fill it in with this site.
I spend very little proprietary time...I am typically working and making money while I am posting.
And you?

Old 04-15-2016, 07:42 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
I have explained it many times.
My work requires me to be at a PC anyway. There is "lag time" (the songs for a performers set to finish playing, the response on photo choices and edits from photographers for magazine layouts, etc)...and I fill it in with this site.
I spend very little proprietary time...I am typically working and making money while I am posting.
And you?
How do you know how any of us are spending our time, or where we are/ what we are doing while posting? I happen to work on my computer, all day long. Notice that most of my posts are from Mon-Fri, between the hours of 7-5ish. Not all, but a VAST majority. I too, am making money while posting this. Good thing my company is so chill, since they allow us to do things like post on this site, as long as our work gets done right, and in a timely fashion.

The point remains the same, however. If you think we are stupid for talking about religion, then you are stupid for talking non religion, on the clock or not. At least our posts vary in their content. Your posts are almost all the same, just with different word salad.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
So not only are you inventing thoughts for a dead man that you have no reason to think he actually thought.... but you are inventing a financial conspiracy theory to explain the lack of evidence for it.

That is certainly a new low.
Yeah...discussing low things usually sounds low.
This speculation is probably more true than not.
It is obvious that Hitchens was consumed by hate. He spit pure acid I'm sure. He was one miserable dude!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality