Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 10:11 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Some rapists - and from what I am seeing, a huge number of pedos - blame the victim because that is how they are able to condone the act. She or he "secretly wanted" it, etc. Hell, we have a thread right now calmly and academically wondering whether a middle schooler wanted to be attacked sexually with a knife at her throat and whether it was "part of a game" and "consensual."

In order to not feel like monsters, rapists will turn things around on the victim. If only she hadn't worn x he never would have had to attack her. If only she didn't wear lip gloss like a wh*re. If only she didn't giggle. If only she didn't have breasts. Was it "really rape" - maybe she only cried because she felt guilty for wanting it so much. And so on.

I have found that eerily, it's, at least lately, some churches specifically who back this view in either words or, as in the case with the example in this thread, actions. It really makes you wonder.
I was deeply disturbed at the viewpoint taken in particular by one poster in that thread suggesting the 13 year old girl was culpable in her rape. It showed an ugly side to forums one does not often see.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:52 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Mormons don't "hate sex," but they do believe it should only be between married people. Personally, I don't see that as "messed up." On the other hand, there is never a good reason to blame the victim of rape. Regardless of what the girl did, she didn't ask to be raped. The BYU Honor Code should never have been brought into this matter.
This situation is just Medevial. BYU is showing that it is little more than an arm of the Mormon Church, an establishment, that despite its size, wealth and power has some dubious views and , shall we say, anachronistic, practices. This girl reports being sexually assaulted, and the university/Church convenes an Inquisition. No, the "honor code" should not be involved Ber, and in reality, the BYU administrations nose, in general, has grown to large for its face. This is a LE matter, but where are they? In the pocket of the university/Church.

Women are told that rape is not their fault, to report the crime, don't suffer in silence, to seek help. Surely, this should be the case, but when the very people who say this to women (sometimes men as well qualify) turn on them, and place them in front of a "court" that blacks her honor and rights, in the name of "honor", before any real investigation (guilty till proven innocent) has been done....is that a stampede of rapists heading to Provo shaking the ground? Alexander Dumas cod write a story using this as a foundation.

I keep getting this picture in my head, of this girl standing in an accused box, with a panel of men in hooded black robes, sitting g on a raised dias , condemning her to burn at the stake, whilst her attacker, who must be the son of some rich, highly placed Bishop, laughs , like the hyena he is. Where's the strident howling of the "seperation of Church and State" crowd, when there is a REAL issue? This poor girl is raped, then raped again by the people she went to for help. Oh yea this encourages women to report being assaulted in Utah.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:24 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,113,422 times
This happens because leadership is only interested in protecting the schools image, and their own interests. It happens in gov't, police, schools, businesses, etc.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:33 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Oh yea this encourages women to report being assaulted in Utah.
BYU is no more Utah than the Strip is Nevada.

Last edited by Katzpur; 04-27-2016 at 05:34 PM..

Old 04-27-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
BYU is no more Utah than the Strip is Nevada.
That clip is referring to the LE agencies involved. This happened in Provo, but, say, a woman in Ogden, Richfield, SLCi is assaulted, on the heels of hearing about this, thats not exactly a boost in her willingness to report the crime. The effects of this will be statewide. If this happened at UNLV, and Clark county Sheriff's office handled it like the incident in question here, victims in. Washoe county, would think twice about reporting, using Clark counties LE performance as a standard for how they think Washoe will treat them.

I'm not saying BYU is all of Utah, but the cops threw that girl to the wolves, at BYUs behest. That's gonna cause, as is hardly shocking, a drop in crimes such as this being reported. Cops, all over Utah, just got a black eye. At a time where confidence in LE is already low. Maybe that clears things up for you.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:47 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Using a real weapon is not the same thing as playing games, even if supposedly consensual. It is just stupid and dangerous and if "she wanted it" is a proper self-defense then any rapist who wholly concealed his criminal act could claim it.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Using a real weapon is not the same thing as playing games, even if supposedly consensual. It is just stupid and dangerous and if "she wanted it" is a proper self-defense then any rapist who wholly concealed his criminal act could claim it.
There is more to this than we know, I'm thinking. The perpetrator has to be connected up the ladder a ways, for LE to be so obviously complicit with the university administration, and for the latter to make such a vulgar display of power. Seems that a lot of strings are getting pulled to slam the victim down, and they are totally counting on their showing the victim that she is helpless , and may as well give up and shut up. They want this to just go away, yesterday, and pulled the nuclear option , straight off, to make that happen.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:41 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
They do try - it's probably a bit more common a "plea" than one would think.

And certainly they tell THEMSELVES the victims want it. Hell, I read about a man who raped kindergartners (females) including his next-door neighbor's daughter and his defense was that she had come over to his house to play with his child (whom he also raped) but he knew what she really wanted because of the look in her eyes.

He tickled her just to feel things out on how she felt about a "sexual relationship" (WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Relationship?) with him and she laughed with that knowing look in her eye so he went for it. He never would have done it if she hadn't given him clear signals that she desired it.

A. Freakin'. Kindergartener.

Ugh, I wish I hadn't remembered that. It just makes me want to burst into tears and run away and go live in a cave somewhere.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:43 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:

And certainly they tell THEMSELVES the victims want it. Hell, I read about a man who raped kindergartners (females) including his next-door neighbor's daughter and his defense was that she had come over to his house to play with his child (whom he also raped) but he knew what she really wanted because of the look in her eyes.

He tickled her just to feel things out on how she felt about a "sexual relationship" (WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Relationship?) with him and she laughed with that knowing look in her eye so he went for it. He never would have done it if she hadn't given him clear signals that she desired it.

Ugh, I wish I hadn't remembered that. It just makes me want to burst into tears and run away and go live in a cave somewhere.
Better yet let it make you burst into civil tantrums and stomps so that we can disseminate the information and provide motivation to change the world for the better. Thank you for sharing JerZ, I know it must have been hard to recall again that grotesquerie.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:04 AM

Quote:

Rapists are the lowest form of life on Earth, but child rapists dug a sub basement under them. Neither will see anything but batred from me. The woman who is jumped, beaten and raped getting in her car in a parking lot, I guess she sent out telepathic waves of desire that only the rapist could hear?. The children you describe here, who don't even know boys and girls aren't really the same yet, can send out "signals"?

That there are women who have cried rape as a means to an end, I'm not denying, nor that many men have been falsely accused and convicted of molestation by the same kind of woman. This is why we have trial by jury and the presentation of hard evidence for prosecution and defense to show said jury. Most false flag cases get blown up under scrutiny, unless very carefully planned. Which happens as well, however, it takes a special kind of evil to even try and pull something like that off. I'vemet a couple women who are capable of such a thing, but, they are a small minority.

It seems that an awful lot of rape cases , now, even those involving children, go right to the "she wanted it" defense, though. Its the exposing of false cases leading them there. Even in an obvious, open shut, case, they try and cast that seed of doubt. The onus on prosecution is to prove ,"beyond REASONABLE doubt. More often than not, such defense is far beyond reason. The guy who attacks a woman in a parking lot at night will even try that defense. I've seen that happen. It didn't fly, but he still tried.

I think, true justice in cases of molestation and rape is best served, when perps ar either killed by their would be victims, or by a person defending them, with the crime in progress, but not completed , as yet. More and more, we hear about cases such as this thread is about. Where justice fails, to phrase it lightly, because the perp happens to be a man of some power, or is closely associated with a person/people of power. I've seen such cases as this, personally, while employed at a large organization. Many rapists can easily cover their crime, because of being placed in a position of power.

To my mind, threatening a vulnerable woman with loss of her job unless she provides sex is no less rape than a nights talking bipred. Yet ,in the case of these mangy scavengers, more often than not, the crime will never see light of day. As I said, I see rapists as the lowest form of life, and child rapists as the sub level, but false reporters and schemers, who cry rape for revenge and/or monetary gain aren't far behind. Small as the number of such cases may be, in comparison to the real thing, they have further undermined a road that far to many actually need to be stable.

When cases of obvious guilt can even think about using false flag statistics, and get away with it even once, the harm done precludes me from having any sympathy for those who wave those flags. To my mind, that makes them as complicit with a rapist who goes free, by using the doubt sown , as if they had held the victim down during the attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality