Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 07:10 AM

261 posts, read 156,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotbloodedwoman View Post
My intention was to discuss divine guidance.

You first have to prove a deity exists, but you can't as there is no evidence to substantiate its existence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 07:17 AM

458 posts, read 329,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Any faith-based as opposed to evidence-based belief generally goes under the specific religion being espoused. The religion and spirituality forum is a bit of a catch-all for "none of the above" but also tends to be the place where most of the skeptics hang out.

Really even the Christianity forum for example is for discussion ABOUT Christianity and not exempt from debate. And as diverse as Christian thinking is (your concept of "divine guidance" for example would be anathema to many Christians, unthethered as it is from Holy Writ) even within that forum a particular believer isn't necessarily going to find himself exempt from never hearing any dissent or disapproval for his or her ideas.
I see. So no Bible study? Lol

Old 04-24-2016, 07:26 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
I see. So no Bible study? Lol
You can...but expect to be challenged.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:57 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Signs and omens are usually the works of demonic familiar spirit which give ideas to people and tells them to agree which this ideas and people do not know these demons familiar spirit are there because they hide and give familiar ideas and manipulate people to agree with them , like the zodiac which people get a idea from this occult art form and familiar spirit move in people minds and get people to be like this and then the daily horoscope people are in agreement with familiar spirits ...............Where with God does not bring signs apart from the miracle of the gifts of Jesus Holy Spirit believers may have

Old 04-25-2016, 04:15 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think sometimes the universe speaks in mysterious ways.
I am a firm believer in my intuition and synchronicity. The energy between people is real. God/Universe has never stopped speaking to us.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:33 PM

1,166 posts, read 755,658 times
It is amazing to me that if you claim to hear a voice in your head telling you not to bake a cake for a gay couple, millions of Christians will say that is the Holy Spirit guiding you, if you tell those same people that a voice in your head told you to light your neighbor's house on fire they will say that you are mentally ill. To me it is all the same insanity, the supposed source makes no difference. If you hear voices or feel some outside force attempting to command and control your actions, you are a lunatic and should seek immediate professional help. Any adult that truly believes they are having conversations or contact with an imaginary friend or sky daddy is bonkers.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:33 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
It is amazing to me that if you claim to hear a voice in your head telling you not to bake a cake for a gay couple, millions of Christians will say that is the Holy Spirit guiding you, if you tell those same people that a voice in your head told you to light your neighbor's house on fire they will say that you are mentally ill. To me it is all the same insanity, the supposed source makes no difference. If you hear voices or feel some outside force attempting to command and control your actions, you are a lunatic and should seek immediate professional help. Any adult that truly believes they are having conversations or contact with an imaginary friend or sky daddy is bonkers.
The voices in my head are telling me to add a wee bit of lemon zest to brighten the flavor of this weeks banana bread. They are arguing about adding walnuts. I settled the matter by toasting the nuts with a drop of lemon olive oil, and set them on the top of the bread. I give my voices accents.

My inner Fran Dresher is learning to say, "You hunk of agape love.", without laughing. My work is never done.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I am a firm believer in my intuition and synchronicity. The energy between people is real. God/Universe has never stopped speaking to us.
Synchronicity is perhaps my main evidence* for a God/thing/ness.

*Not "evidence" in the atheistic definition of same. Nothing to measure, weigh, or extrapolate hard data from which to postulate a reasonable hypothesis ... etc.

Old 04-25-2016, 11:40 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
When you talk to God it's called prayer.
When God talks to you it's call schizophrenia.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:27 PM

88,594 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
I totally agree. I'm learning how to trust that. We are the universe in estatic motion. To trust the universe, is to trust ourselves. I would like to be more aware of the signs.
You can practice to become more aware. Ask for it, sort of let go, and wait. Sometimes you get some interesting surprises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality