Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 08:53 AM

2,212 posts, read 551,012 times

Advertisements

There are moments when God hides His face from us and appears to be deaf to our prayers! He is asking us: 'How desperate are you? How hungry are you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 09:11 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Finch View Post
There are moments when God hides His face from us and appears to be deaf to our prayers! He is asking us: 'How desperate are you? How hungry are you?
You have to be desperate and hungry in order to get God's attention?

I have never had that experience.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:16 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,076,690 times
So god prefers his followers to be in distress?

Old 05-07-2016, 09:25 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
Quote:
Sounds like the bible version - a psychotic sadist. Dangling hope just out of reach and laughing when the desperate human falls short.

Old 05-07-2016, 09:54 AM

20,089 posts, read 13,546,429 times
Quote:
Yes I personally experienced that. I put a stop to that abusive relationship years ago. Thankfully the abuser turned out to be imaginary anyway.

Good thing, too; I'd have to be angry as heck if he were real. People I loved died, horribly, in searing pain. It turns out though that sometimes stuff just happens, and it's not personal.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:16 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,206,308 times
Quote:
How cruel and disgusting.

Old 05-07-2016, 04:11 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,841,085 times
Quote:
So, you worship this entity that you think acts like someone dangling a savory meal in front of a starving person while issuing taunts:
"How hungry are you? How much are you willing to grovel? Will you do anything I ask for a bite?"

And somehow you've convinced yourself that this imaginary friend is worthy of your adulation?

Disturbing. Very disturbing. But it explains a lot.

Old 05-07-2016, 04:31 PM

11,080 posts, read 6,021,747 times
Quote:
You could just simply change god's. I'm sure there are more user friendly gods out there. Try Buddhism.

I could make the claim that God taunted and let my son suffer through his young life and early adult life and then one day said "stuff this, now I'm going to make his family suffer too" and killed him, in deference to his mother's heartfelt pleas for his help and mercy. Then again, I could simply say that God doesn't exist anyway and therefore had no part in it one way or the other. Sh1t happens! If his mother hadn't been so deluded she might have done something positive to help him instead of relying on prayer.

Last edited by 303Guy; 05-07-2016 at 04:39 PM..

Old 05-11-2016, 08:45 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,437,403 times
Quote:
There are moments when God hides His face from us
and appears to be deaf to our prayers!
He is asking us: 'How desperate are you? How hungry are you?
No, 'He' isn't asking these questions, my friend. And He, who has no gender, is not deaf.

I'm sure you have a good heart, however, again, this is an example of
1. not knowing God directly
2. making up a human trait projecting onto the Creator and Sustainer of 100 billion galaxies...
3. not understanding the system set up in this place

When people do not understand their own power, often a blaming occurs....thus, we have,
"God hides, doesn't answers prayers, is deaf..or doesn't care...or is angry and a murderer."
It has happened throughout history and then stories conjured up and written in books
that people believe for 1000s of centuries.

Research a bit more, would be my advice...to understand the formula, the system, the method
for guaranteed answered prayers.

Why, there's even a BOOK!
'Answered Prayer Guaranteed!'....really.
Another..'Conscious Union With God'....try 'Practicing the Presence'.
There is even one titled, "How To Play The Game of Life".

Take care.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:54 PM

88,696 posts, read 85,065,285 times
Quote:
That's just creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality