Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 08:00 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,926,636 times

Advertisements

I guess that when good things happen, we thank God. When horrible things happen, it's "not his fault". How does that work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 08:51 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,084,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Finch View Post
There are moments when God hides His face from us and appears to be deaf to our prayers! He is asking us: 'How desperate are you? How hungry are you?
What did you do for God to have your prayers answered?

Old 05-11-2016, 10:44 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I guess that when good things happen, we thank God. When horrible things happen, it's "not his fault". How does that work?
One needs to guzzle the appropriate Kool-Aid.

I've not found one to my taste.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:41 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
What did you do for God to have your prayers answered?
The creator of everything needs something DONE for it?

Does your child need to do something for you in order for you to feed him or her?

This is the sick part of belief.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:48 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,691,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
No, 'He' isn't asking these questions, my friend. And He, who has no gender, is not deaf.

I'm sure you have a good heart, however, again, this is an example of
1. not knowing God directly
2. making up a human trait projecting onto the Creator and Sustainer of 100 billion galaxies...
3. not understanding the system set up in this place

When people do not understand their own power, often a blaming occurs....thus, we have,
"God hides, doesn't answers prayers, is deaf..or doesn't care...or is angry and a murderer."
It has happened throughout history and then stories conjured up and written in books
that people believe for 1000s of centuries.

Research a bit more, would be my advice...to understand the formula, the system, the method
for guaranteed answered prayers.

Why, there's even a BOOK!
'Answered Prayer Guaranteed!'....really.
Another..'Conscious Union With God'....try 'Practicing the Presence'.
There is even one titled, "How To Play The Game of Life".

Take care.
Yes, it's all your fault, almost as if there is no God up there awaiting your command.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:39 PM

611 posts, read 280,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post

Does your child need to do something for you in order for you to feed him or her?

And this must be a sick part of parenting as well. I've seen children conniving and asking for something until the parent turns his back and refuses to hear of it anymore and ignore their silly requests. Sometimes they even hide and lock things away from their children. Why not give them everything they ask for, pray for, or cry for? You could do it, couldn't you? Maybe you have your reasons and God has his reasons or maybe you both are just devils?

Old 05-20-2016, 09:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
And this must be a sick part of parenting as well. I've seen children conniving and asking for something until the parent turns his back and refuses to hear of it anymore and ignore their silly requests. Sometimes they even hide and lock things away from their children. Why not give them everything they ask for, pray for, or cry for? You could do it, couldn't you? Maybe you have your reasons and God has his reasons or maybe you both are just devils?
And maybe you need a nap.

Old 05-21-2016, 06:56 AM

611 posts, read 280,925 times
And maybe I could use a fish to eat too.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:53 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,455,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Competent parents can tell the difference between childish requests and and real pain and suffering or jeopardy that they might experience. We are not talking about god failing to solve our first world problems as in "thank you Lord for finding my car keys" or "praise god for getting me a raise" -- which are the kinds of things believers often testify as evidence of answered prayer, by the way -- we are talking about things like people who have terminal cancer (and their spouses and children) begging for their lives. We are talking about someone with paranoid schizophrenia begging for their sanity. We are talking about someone with untreatable illness and pain to have a decent quality of life in which they can fully participate.

The analog with children is not a demand to stay up late, but a cry for help when they fall out the window and are hanging on by their fingernails. As a parent you would not be excused for not running to their rescue, yet believers pretty consistently excuse god, who Moves In Mysterious Ways and Calls His Angels Home and so forth.

So quite trying to obfuscate the plain and obvious meaning when someone points out that a loving parent figure acts like a loving parent, not an indifferent turd. That is not the same as saying that a loving parent never says no.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:14 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,084,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post

Ohhh so now you gonna act like a small lilttle bottle feeding baby?

Wake up and act like a man!

There is no free ride.

Ask your boss to pay you without work, and see what you get in return.

This life is a test, be brave and take it like a man. Not everything you wish for, will be given to you in a platter.

A child may cry and beg for something but the parent will not necessarily get it for him since they know better. They know what's good for the kid and what's not good for him. The child doesn't know it.

Look at the post below.

Last edited by GoCardinals; 05-22-2016 at 12:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality