Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 02:54 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
^ Indeed. But what people making such comments about Dark Energy and Matter, and the evidence for them, also fail to realize is that those terms are placeholders for our ignorance.

wrong. The place holders are based on observation. The observations are there. The claim 'dark matter" only means we don't know what causes the observations. But something is, not nothing.

what it means to you, how you need it in your life, is of little concern to me until you start telling people the observations are not there, or "I don't believe in dark matter because there is no proof".

get it right please. This "place holder angle" is so convoluted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 04:23 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,378,034 times
You started off with "wrong" but then proceeded to essentially say the same thing I did only in a slightly different way. Why that might be, someone else might know. Your posts generally fail to make sense to me.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:29 AM

Quote:
You started off with "wrong" but then proceeded to essentially say the same thing I did only in a slightly different way. Why that might be, someone else might know. Your posts generally fail to make sense to me.
Yeah, I stated you are wrong.
So restate it or don't.

wait for it ...
*** oh wait, you did***
good boy.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 06-28-2016 at 07:10 AM..

Old 06-28-2016, 07:15 AM

The trouble is you merely stated it, but did not show it. You merely repeated what I had already said in your own words.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
The trouble is you merely stated it, but did not show it. You merely repeated what I had already said in your own words.
err, no. the trouble is your focus. "You" being the primary focus of anything you say, but thats a story for another day.

You focus on "place holder".

I pointed out to you that the focus is:

"The observations are there, and they are repeatable". They point to "something"

we can call it "dark god". How you, or others, emotionally handle that is not my concern. I only do "how the universe works". Until, that is, you start claiming that this place holder of yours means more than 'there are observations pointing to something but we don't know many traits about it".

It means 'something" is more rational than "nothing" based solely on real and repeatable evidence. So when people claim, there is absolutly no creditable evidence of anything, you can say wrong. No need for that lenghty jibber jabber about place holding dark .. bla bla bla.

I only know, your personal emotional need fits in a group, and that group is no better than any other groups' emotional affiliation. Unless of course another group, like fundy-scisms start forcing stuff on us.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:52 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Hold on lads, aren't you really in agreement? The Observations indicate that Dark Matter and Dark energy is really there, but the names are not describing anything other than our ignorance of what (if anything) they are.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:38 PM

Exactly. He is saying the exact same thing I am just with different words. As usual it is just a language issue as English is not his first language and he thinks a difference is there that is not.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:51 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
Your posts generally fail to make sense to me.
You are certainly not alone, join the crowd

Old 06-29-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Exactly. He is saying the exact same thing I am just with different words. As usual it is just a language issue as English is not his first language and he thinks a difference is there that is not.
yeah, we are saying the same thing. But what aludes you is the focus of my statment. You are focused on this "place holding" bla bla bla.

what I changed the focus of you post to observational and repeatable data that suggest some reasonable conclusions. We do not know what it is, but you cannot claim "absolutely no evidence" based on this "place holder" convolution of yours. Yes, you claim it's me. That's normal because it's never you.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Hold on lads, aren't you really in agreement? The Observations indicate that Dark Matter and Dark energy is really there, but the names are not describing anything other than our ignorance of what (if anything) they are.
that is the differnce between what we are saying right there.

I am focused on "The observations" are there. "something" is causng them.

not "dark matter" is a place holder. so what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality