Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 02:06 PM

86 posts, read 79,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Assessment:
*Nothing new.
*Two sentences - not much effort.
*Trite, unimaginative this-or-that assertion.

Grade:
D
Hahaha, thankfully Jesus doesn't judge me according to my own works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
That's the conservative Protestant mantra.

Many other Christian groups (like Catholics and liberal Protestants) disagree.
Lol, I'm not a Christian. The living Jesus has nothing to do with Christianity.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Fortunately, this is true for ONLY a TRUE believer. One, who's faith can move mountains.
Rest assured, none of them here.
I think, this also answers Q from another poster about having sex and homosexuality.
And His name is Jesus Christ.

I see you're still knowing humans according to their flesh.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:10 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
So then I can do as I like and not bother to go to church on Sundays for forgiveness?
You can even go fishing. Going to church for forgiveness has nothing to do with true Christianity.

Quote:
So sex before marriage is actually OK? That also means that homosexuality is OK!
No, it means Christ died for those sins. But He didn't die to keep the sinner from being judged or set straight for their acts.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
To which deity are you referring? Every theist on the planet believes that their god is living because you inherently can't worship / obey / praise something that's dead.

I am guessing you are referring to the protestant evangelical version of god, in which case this thread probably belongs in the Christianity forum rather than here in R&S. Although lacking as it does either a question or topic of discussion and just being something you blurted out with no context at all, I'm not sure how much value it even has there.
Nope, nope... no world pseudo-religion/belief system has it right. Those are all corrupted. I'm not a Christian. It's real simple, if you believe in the God that already did for you, He is living. If you believe in a "god" that you think wants you to do something, yourself, you've missed the mark.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No, it means Christ died for those sins. But He didn't die to keep the sinner from being judged or set straight for their acts.
He did die for those sins and He only sees us as Jesus. But there is a world system in place (that has nothing at this point to do with God, directly) that keeps order, at least somewhat. Our rewards are already complete in Jesus, as is our sanctification.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:19 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestville native View Post
Nope, nope... no world pseudo-religion/belief system has it right. Those are all corrupted. I'm not a Christian. It's real simple, if you believe in the God that already did for you, He is living. If you believe in a "god" that you think wants you to do something, yourself, you've missed the mark.
Regardless of what you claim, you are of the Christian religion according to your statements, one of the three which originated from the belief in Yahweh, the Abrahamic God.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:33 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
C.S. Lewis once said, “God doesn't love you because you are good, but He will make you good because He loves you.” Awaken to your eternal perfection in the world to come: “You shall be perfect even as your heavenly Father is perfect” can be read as a prophecy.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:51 PM

19,997 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
How about I just dispense with all that and not afford belief to ANY deity whether it wants me to do things or not? Because there is no good reason to believe in even one of them.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:01 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
The living God already paid for all of everyone's sins, but this world says that we need to do something. Either to be saved or for rewards OR they claim that there is no God and that we make things whatever we want.
Meh, I kind of ignored Allah and Zeus also. I wonder about Thor at times, especially right now as I am deciding if it is really Him mumbling up in the clouds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality