Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 09:56 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
One cannot lose what they never had.
I just assumed it had been a long-hard winter up north in the tundra and they hadn't thawed out yet. I suppose the 4 hours of daylight would get to me, too.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:19 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I just assumed it had been a long-hard winter up north in the tundra and they hadn't thawed out yet. I suppose the 4 hours of daylight would get to me, too.
Nope, still in the Florida sunshine.

Is the article a bit tongue in cheek? Perhaps.

But it IS a Christian who is not a literalist who makes what actually is a compelling number of points, if one takes a rational, and scientific perspective. Does it have a yuck factor for fundamentalists? Of course it does. But the deeper point is, even fundamentalists accept that DNA science is real (they deny that it also proves we and chimps are cousins), and in accepting that it is real, a natural outcome of that is the logic presented should be acceptable.

But it isn't and won't be because, "it is too absurd or too yucky" for them. Waiting for Matadora to chip in.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:39 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Nope, still in the Florida sunshine.

Is the article a bit tongue in cheek? Perhaps.

But it IS a Christian who is not a literalist who makes what actually is a compelling number of points, if one takes a rational, and scientific perspective. Does it have a yuck factor for fundamentalists? Of course it does. But the deeper point is, even fundamentalists accept that DNA science is real (they deny that it also proves we and chimps are cousins), and in accepting that it is real, a natural outcome of that is the logic presented should be acceptable.

But it isn't and won't be because, "it is too absurd or too yucky" for them. Waiting for Matadora to chip in.
Why do you believe the author is a Christian?

Old 05-19-2016, 11:43 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why do you believe the author is a Christian?
You know what? This time you have a point. I don't have definitive proof. So let's just call her a columnist who writes on christian issues.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:30 PM

19,028 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Here's a neither Christian no atheist side of the story.
Everything that is in the universe, known and not, functions and is what it is due to consciousness in it.
On the nature side, units of nature operate, as they do, with measure of consciousness as their function only.
On the intelligent side, units have measure of consciousness allowing them to become conscious of being conscious.
I think, so far, there is nothing outrageous in this - just look outside the window.
A unit of nature that comes out of its primordial state, progresses through the nature side, acquiring more and more consciousness, until it crosses into the intelligent side and becomes conscious of itself as being conscious and becoming Self - conscious with identity of I vs others.
That unit of intelligent side is a complex entity now, immersed into the Light of Intelligence. Its mind - as it is of no gender - is also complex. It has various aspects to it. You could call them minds, but I do not want to push it too hard to understand, though it is common to think of a person that has various minds, right? "he has artistic and scholastic mind" is nothing outrageous to say, right? Hence, a concept of "minds" in same entity is not that unknown.
The entity I am referring to has minds, some to be in The Light, some to be in the physical, as it is in both Permanent and physical (passing, changing).
It perceives by feeling and acts by desire. Or, with feeling mind and desire mind.
Feeling instantly determines the truth about any-thing it feels and that impression instantly evokes a response in desire (mind).
Desire-mind in its turn acts onto feeling-mind. They are same in one and different in one.
As that Self develops and "learns", it chooses to expand its perception by becoming a twain - one in two and two in one. Feeling mind and desire mind, while still connected into one with a bond, like umbilical cord, explore and learn now in two "bodies".
They still share their impressions and think as one, but now one is more of feeling aspect and one is more of desire aspect.
Or, one is more of a "man" and one is more of a "female".
The bridge connecting them is later referred to as "rib out of side". Or, "bridge" out of side.
Truly, should you think about it, even the way male and female bodies are shaped confirms this, as if you take one and start separating it into two, you will see how some body parts will match, interlock or be extensions following such separation. Also, anatomically, there is practically no difference between male and female bodies. What's inside is on the outside and what's outside is inside. Simple.
In some cases, a desire chose to look at feeling as something different from it-Self. Oh, so did feeling.
The very moment that Self lost control over this and chose to be two instead of one and see it-Self as two, bridge between the bodies broke and they separated into now two bodies - one male and one female.
And that is what is referred to as the original sin.
That's it, boys and girls.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:41 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Thread temporarily closed pending moderator consideration.
Moderator cut: Hopefully won't be re-opened as it's only posted to troll. Yac

Last edited by Yac; 05-20-2016 at 04:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.