Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 10:56 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times

Advertisements

Y'all believe in the science of DNA and genetics, right? Well, in layman's terms, this author shows why both Eve and Jesus could only be transgendered, and nothing else. Compelling evidence I would say if you read it.

Jesus: The First Transgender Man

Just a little teaser excerpt:

If we take the Genesis account in it’s literal meaning, as conservative Christians demand that we do, she is also the first case of a transgender woman. God reached into Adam, pulled out a bit of rib bone, and grew Eve from that XY DNA into Adam’s companion. She was created genetically male, and yet trans-formed into woman.

How about that? Bet neither had to worry about which bathroom to use. But what is really funny, is all those Christians who got their panties into a knot about transgender issues, now have to re-calibrate their thinking. We all know there has long been some question about Jesus's sexuality, you know, hanging out with 12 men day and night, and all that, but now we understand!

Onward Christian Soldiers!

Old 05-18-2016, 11:24 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Y'all believe in the science of DNA and genetics, right? Well, in layman's terms, this author shows why both Eve and Jesus could only be transgendered, and nothing else. Compelling evidence I would say if you read it.

If we take the Genesis account in it’s literal meaning, as conservative Christians demand that we do, she is also the first case of a transgender woman. God reached into Adam, pulled out a bit of rib bone, and grew Eve from that XY DNA into Adam’s companion. She was created genetically male, and yet trans-formed into woman.

How about that? Bet neither had to worry about which bathroom to use. But what is really funny, is all those Christians who got their panties into a knot about transgender issues, now have to re-calibrate their thinking. We all know there has long been some question about Jesus's sexuality, you know, hanging out with 12 men day and night, and all that, but now we understand!

That is funny! I wish I had thought of that.

Oh, you forgot to mention the disciple that Jesus loved.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:40 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,047,683 times
Quote:

Sheer and utter ignorant nonsense.
I guess atheists will go to any extreme to show just how ignorant they really are.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:50 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
I thought scholars believe god used Adams penis bone to create Eve? gods obsession with the penis.

Was Created From Adam's Penis: Bible Scholar
DEC 30, 2015 03:59 PM ET // BY ROSSELLA LORENZI
Eve Was Created From Adam's Penis: Bible Scholar : Discovery News

Old 05-19-2016, 07:18 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
I guess atheists will go to any extreme to show just how ignorant they really are.
No kidding. I guess that means if I receive a blood transfusion from a woman then that means I'm transgender.

Last edited by jeffbase40; 05-19-2016 at 07:50 AM..

Old 05-19-2016, 07:23 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Great bait!

Old 05-19-2016, 07:24 AM

20,005 posts, read 13,486,477 times
I would not pursue this line of deliberately provocative reasoning because of special pleading. Even if a fundamentalist granted for the sake of argument that Eve was a transgender man technically they would be fine with it because god can do whatever he thinks best but man hasn't the authority to reject his presumably god-given birth gender.

Attempting to lead ideologues to any of the ultimate conclusions of their arguments always leads to a short circuit of that kind. And in any case this argument is not strong enough even for me for it to have more than toss-off irony value.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:32 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
You can't just call something ignorant. That's meaningless. 'You're a tree!' See? Doesn't work. You have to back it up. If I could prove you are in fact a tree, which would really be something, then I could make the claim. But a claim without a supporting argument is worthless, especially to you since no one who doesn't already agree with you would change their mind based on this.

Personally, I think the article is purely meant to provoke. It was written by someone who described themselves as a Christian, as indicated by the use of the word 'we' when talking about Christians. And I do frankly disagree with the conclusion being met. I think it sort of misrepresents what a transgendered person actually is. But it does do something important. It dismissed the idea that God works in binaries and everything goes as you'd expect.

Most people, Christians are no exception, sort of already except this. People are born with disabilities, birth defects, and yes, even with incorrect genitals (or both). Some say God does this, some say God doesn't micromanage anyone at that level. But they still understand that the idea that everything is this or that has never been true, and that this is reflected in scripture. Subtext is important. I don't know for sure if you read the article linked, but I can tell you didn't really give it any thought all the same. Don't do yourself a disservice by immediately dismissing something instead of at least reflecting on it some.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:32 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:

My first reaction? It's "Yay...another deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."

Good for you cupper. Now go outside and get some fresh air. You're losing it.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:52 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Good for you cupper. Now go outside and get some fresh air. You're losing it.
One cannot lose what they never had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.