Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 10:38 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
My fundy parents, on the subject of climate change, like to say 'God is going to burn this world anyway, so it doesn't matter.'

Yep.

Well apart from the god bit, it's sort of true.

In approximately 5 billion years the sun will turn into a giant red star and will engulf Mercury, Venus and the Earth. Humans will long since have been toast by that stage. We've got a billion years, tops.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 10:39 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You have it backwards.

Religion is a hoax used to separate people from their money and their senses.

All I know is that the earth is not warming, and guys like al gore are rolling in it.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:41 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post

All I know is that the earth is not warming, and guys like al gore are rolling in it.
How do you know that?

Old 06-08-2016, 10:43 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
How do you know that?
I believe the research I've read. Don't you?

The polar ice caps are growing. The earth is not getting warmer.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:57 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
That remains a logical fallacy to say that because you speculate that some religions behave so such that no truth can be found in all religions. Actually how humans behave has nothing to do with how true God is.
I said nothing about the truth of God.

I was talking about the falseness of religions.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:

Can you post the links to this research?

Old 06-08-2016, 11:08 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:

The polar ice caps are not growing. Each year more and more multi year ice melts resulting in more open water to freeze. So while it is true that a larger surface area of ocean freezes now then before it is only because more of it was ice free at the start of the winter. Satellite images of minimum ice cover shows a decrease in area each year whereas the maximum ice coverage is about the same. Polar bears require multi year ice.

I will take my science from actual scientists, some of whom I personally know over someone who seems to think that the former vice president of the US can control the world's scientists.

Those who have visited the Arctic and Antarctic over the last few decades describe and have documented the decrease in ice coverage and thickness. The time will come when those of us who fully or partially depend on melting glaciers for our drinking water will start experiencing water shortages and you can dismiss that as part of Glore's plan to do whatever it is that he is doing but people will suffer and others will scoff at the problem because they just do not care about it.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:23 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Hell will be worst beyond the shadow of doubt , as climate change is only temporary , where hell is eternal........ Still denier of God can close their ears and pretend hell is not there , until it is to late for them .....
Hell is also imaginary, just as leprechauns and yetis are. Only those that have faith in a god, or leprechauns or yetis believe in them, but none can be proven.

As Mark Twain said, "Faith is believen' in what you know ain't so".

Old 06-09-2016, 04:42 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Since global warming is just a hoax that was conceived of by people looking to steal money and power from the gullible, I'd say hell.
Vizio, you can't possibly be that ignorant.

Exactly which part of the manifestation on real, on the ground consequences that we can see and measure right now do you feel are not part of global warming?

Is it that the Arctic ocean is melting faster than ever this year? (BTW, El Nino is over, so you can't use that as a cause)

Is it that the mangroves are moving further north each year in Florida?

Is it that the Great Coral Reef is dying?

Which one of those have nothing to do with global warming?

Or maybe it is because the US navy is concerned about the impact on their ability to use sonar due to warmer oceans? Not in the future, but right now.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:51 PM

My question is this: is there more evidence for hell or global warming? Should we, as a society, concentrate on avoiding the danger of hell, or the danger of global warming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality