Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 09:37 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibainu View Post
The Church may have a hard time because Jesus very existence is hard to prove. Even if you say that Jesus returned in 70 ad their is no evidence of his prophesy ever taken place. Just because the destruction of the temple occurred their was no evidence of Jesus coming with angels on a cloud. If Jesus also return in 70ad He never restored peace on earth like the messiah is supposed to do in his life time. The Jews were in Jerusalem during the time of Jesus and the temple destruction so Jesus again fails to return the Jews to Jerusalem if they are already their.
Again, it was not a bodily, visible coming. He "came" in judgment. He used the Roman armies to exact that judgment. The proof of His coming was the destruction of the Temple and the city just as He had promised. "Behold, your house is left unto you desolate" (Matthew 23).

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 09:39 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
America is Babylon, the Lord showed me this many years ago. America will be destroyed in one hour, I believe by some type of warfare maybe nuclear. If you noticed the whole world is influenced by what goes on in America. Every country gets all its trends from America, the good and the bad.
Jerusalem is Babylon. The Lord showed ME this from His Word! It's there for all to see!

Preterist

Old 09-17-2008, 06:51 AM

897 posts, read 2,457,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Jerusalem is Babylon. The Lord showed ME this from His Word! It's there for all to see!

Preterist
The New Testament authors described Romans as Babylon.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:02 AM

897 posts, read 2,457,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Again, it was not a bodily, visible coming. He "came" in judgment. He used the Roman armies to exact that judgment. The proof of His coming was the destruction of the Temple and the city just as He had promised. "Behold, your house is left unto you desolate" (Matthew 23).

Preterist
I understand that Jesus spoke to the people in the temple of their wicked ways but you are leaving out his Signs of his return and that is found in Matthew 24.

21For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. 22If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25See, I have told you ahead of time.

26"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

29"Immediately after the distress of those days
" 'the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'[c]

30"At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Their is no proof that this ever happened. Actually their is proof that it did not happen. But If Jesus did return in 70ad Like he claimed he would, then that would be the end of ages. But the temple was destroyed not by Jesus but the Romans. Jesus has no supernatural powers he is just a man that died in 33ad that some believed he was the Messiah. At that time many people believed that their were many rabbi that could be the messiah but it never happen.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,361 times
A True story:
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]My name is Eugene Anderson. I have been preaching the Gospel for nearly 20 years.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I had been a Christian since I asked Jesus into my heart at 7 but [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]lived for myself my [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]entire life until around 30 yrs. old when God really started dealing with me.(I'm 50 now)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Since then I have served Jesus and never turned back. I've volunteered for the Billy Graham Assoc., [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]a prison chaplain with Prison fellowship for many years, I have been a youth pastor, a senior [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Pastor, et et et. Big deal! I'm saying that because I want you to know I'm not a crack pot but[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]have been blessed with a fairly level head and some wisdom. I have shared my experience[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]all over the world and it has now been almost 20 years since I had [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]these events I'm going to share with you. I give you permission to place them anywhere you like.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]This was my experience:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I was sleeping when I awoke, I got up and looked down at my bed, the problem was I was still in bed.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Even though I was totally awake, and knew what was happening, It was me,,,, looking at me![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I walked down my hall and then outside. It was a clear night sky. The front of our yard was a green pasture [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]of about 3 acres. I walked out into the field and looked back on my porch. There was a man with a big beard[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]standing there. He said nothing and I said nothing. I turned and looked into the sky. Then the whole sky turned into[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]a big drive in movie screen. The entire sky was a big screen. I just looked in awe and this is what I saw. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]A man, mid-eastern looking, was just standing in a military uniform. He was an Arab looking man, but his uniform was[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Russian. He was under water because bubbles were rising around him as he stood there. Then the water rushed[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]and the screen turned into a scene of the daytime sky. There were jet streams going across the sky. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]There were so many jet steams and people came out of their homes screaming. People knew their worst nightmare had come.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Those were missiles not planes. I closed my eyes and then [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]is a flash [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I was in bed. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2](Please stay with me[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Now I get up, (in my body) walk down the exact path I was just on,, grab a bible,, and go into the field, to the exact spot I was just[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]at. I knelt and prayed, "Why God did you show me this", somehow I knew it was God. Then I open it to Rev 18 and a surge of [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]power went through me. It changed my life forever. There has never been a day I have not gone over that memory[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]now for almost 20 years. I started telling everyone I could. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]After being rejected by most Pastors, (not all) as I tried to shared my vision, I settled down. I was now a happy Sunday school teacher at a Calvary Chapel,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I gave up the driving everyone crazy about the dooms day vision, and I was a normal, happy, Christian again. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]One day my wife was in Los Angeles visiting her mom and I had the house to myself. I was a worship leader and had a ministry to the elderly at various[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]rest homes. I was excited to get home and just praise my Jesus! (My favorite thing to do!), As I was on my knees playing my guitar,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I just wanted to thank Him for my life!!! asking for nothing!! I never had such a spirit of thankfulness for my salvation in my entire life. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]And then I sensed a presence come in the room. I got up and sat on my small couch. I began trembling as I felt the same surge that I[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]felt in that field years ago, only this was concentrated in [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]3 places on my body. My knee, my foot, and my hip. It was like liquid fire or [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]rushing water or atoms moving....in 3 definite spots on my body![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]As God is my witness I would not lie, and I am not lying or exaggerating, in any way shape or form.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I cant explain it, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]but as I was sitting there just saying, 'oh ,oh,, oh' I heard, out loud,, an audible voice say," Isaiah 10" [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I looked to my side and there was a bible. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]As I grabbed it and pulled it to me, it flipped open to exactly Isaiah 10! [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]First a voice saying Isaiah 10, then afterwards the bible flipping to that exact place! Dont tell me God cant open His book when He wants too![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I was now at full attention![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]"Oh Assyrian,,,, I will send him against a hypocritical nation.... to destroy...! "[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]"Oh God" I yelled out. "Why are you doing this to me".... a[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]nd so on I complained. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Well to make a very long twenty year story come to an end. I was healed [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]of 3 different ailments at that encounter. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I has a chip in my knee that had been x rayed, that always hurt. but I wanted no surgery.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I had a bone spur on my heal so [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]that I could not put direct weight on my heel. And [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I had a grinding hip joint that always hurt. All were instantly healed! [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Before this, after many theologians telling me it was not good doctrine, I was always [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]afraid the vision might not have been from God. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I know now, for [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]sure, God had done it. I have read the bible from cover to cover, verse by verse, nearly 19 times in 19 years and I[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]can tell you in my opinion, America is in fact the 'great *****' of Rev 18. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]It can mean other things as well but America in my humble [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]opinion is in the bible.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I have shared this testimony with great men like David Wilkerson, Dr. Stephen Olford, Mike Boldea, and others. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]They all confirmed it was from God. I know without a [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]doubt Americas days are numbered. I deal with it like this. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I want to tell as many people about the love of Jesus and His death [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]burial, and resurrection, and see if I can show [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]the way, to as many as I can, with the time He allows me to have on this earth.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]There are many other great things God has done in my life as well as yours, lets get busy about our Fathers business today![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]With the Love of Christ,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]May God have mercy on us all! [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=BayScript][SIZE=5]Brother Gene[/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 11-05-2008, 03:28 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Hey, here's a radical notion: suppose that Jeremiah was actually writing about the situation that was going on in his time...NOT the United States (about which he couldn't possibly even have imagined).

Jeremiah was one of the "prophets of exile," writing after the Kingdom of Judea was broken up and its population exiled--not apocryphal storytelling, but historical fact. That was his driving concern. Anyone is free to interpret his writings in their own terms, which is precisely what's happening here. But he certainly wasn't trying to foretell the history of a country that didn't come into existence until some 2300 years after his death.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:26 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Awesome, Gene!! I'm going to clean up your post because it's hard to read. It needs to be out there and easy to read because these are the type of stories and visions that need to be heard. Thank you for having the courage to share and welcome to the board!! We need faithful Christians here!! I may move it to a thread that I started also.

[quote=BrotherGene;6025663]
A True story:
My name is Eugene Anderson. I have been preaching the Gospel for nearly 20 years.
I had been a Christian since I asked Jesus into my heart at 7 but lived for myself my entire life until around 30 yrs. old when God really started dealing with me.(I'm 50 now)
Since then I have served Jesus and never turned back. I've volunteered for the Billy Graham Assoc., a prison chaplain with Prison fellowship for many years, I have been a youth pastor, a senior Pastor, et et et. Big deal!

I'm saying that because I want you to know I'm not a crack pot but have been blessed with a fairly level head and some wisdom. I have shared my experience all over the world and it has now been almost 20 years since I had these events I'm going to share with you. I give you permission to place them anywhere you like.

This was my experience:

I was sleeping when I awoke, I got up and looked down at my bed, the problem was I was still in bed. Even though I was totally awake, and knew what was happening, It was me,,,, looking at me!! I walked down my hall and then outside. It was a clear night sky. The front of our yard was a green pasture of about 3 acres.

I walked out into the field and looked back on my porch. There was a man with a big beard standing there. He said nothing and I said nothing. I turned and looked into the sky. Then the whole sky turned into a big drive in movie screen. The entire sky was a big screen. I just looked in awe and this is what I saw. A man, mid-eastern looking, was just standing in a military uniform. He was an Arab looking man, but his uniform was Russian.

He was under water because bubbles were rising around him as he stood there. Then the water rushed and the screen turned into a scene of the daytime sky. There were jet streams going across the sky. There were so many jet steams and people came out of their homes screaming. People knew their worst nightmare had come. Those were missiles not planes. I closed my eyes and then in a flash I was in bed. (Please stay with me

Now I get up, (in my body) walk down the exact path I was just on,, grab a bible,, and go into the field, to the exact spot I was just at. I knelt and prayed, "Why God did you show me this", somehow I knew it was God. Then I open it to Rev 18 and a surge of power went through me. It changed my life forever.

There has never been a day I have not gone over that memory now for almost 20 years. I started telling everyone I could. After being rejected by most Pastors, (not all) as I tried to shared my vision, I settled down. I was now a happy Sunday school teacher at a Calvary Chapel, I gave up the driving everyone crazy about the dooms day vision, and I was a normal, happy, Christian again.

One day my wife was in Los Angeles visiting her mom and I had the house to myself. I was a worship leader and had a ministry to the elderly at various rest homes. I was excited to get home and just praise my Jesus! (My favorite thing to do!), As I was on my knees playing my guitar I just wanted to thank Him for my life!!! asking for nothing!! I never had such a spirit of thankfulness for my salvation in my entire life.

And then I sensed a presence come in the room. I got up and sat on my small couch. I began trembling as I felt the same surge that I felt in that field years ago, only this was concentrated in 3 places on my body. My knee, my foot, and my hip. It was like liquid fire or rushing water or atoms moving....in 3 definite spots on my body!

As God is my witness I would not lie, and I am not lying or exaggerating, in any way shape or form. I cant explain it, but as I was sitting there just saying, 'oh ,oh,, oh' I heard, out loud,, an audible voice say," Isaiah 10" I looked to my side and there was a bible. As I grabbed it and pulled it to me, it flipped open to exactly Isaiah 10! First a voice saying Isaiah 10, then afterwards the bible flipping to that exact place! Dont tell me God cant open His book when He wants to!

I was now at full attention"Oh Assyrian,,,, I will send him against a hypocritical nation.... to destroy...! "Oh God" I yelled out. "Why are you doing this to me".... and so on I complained. Well to make a very long twenty year story come to an end. I was healed of 3 different ailments at that encounter. I has a chip in my knee that had been x rayed, that always hurt. but I wanted no surgery. I had a bone spur on my heal so that I could not put direct weight on my heel. And I had a grinding hip joint that always hurt. All were instantly healed!

Before this, after many theologians telling me it was not good doctrine, I was always afraid the vision might not have been from God. I know now, for sure, God had done it. I have read the bible from cover to cover, verse by verse, nearly 19 times in 19 years and I can tell you in my opinion, America is in fact the 'great *****' of Rev 18. It can mean other things as well but America in my humble opinion is in the bible.

I have shared this testimony with great men like David Wilkerson, Dr. Stephen Olford, Mike Boldea, and others. They all confirmed it was from God. I know without a doubt Americas days are numbered. I deal with it like this. I want to tell as many people about the love of Jesus and His death, burial, and resurrection, and see if I can show the way, to as many as I can, with the time He allows me to have on this earth. There are many other great things God has done in my life as well as yours, lets get busy about our Fathers business today!

With the Love of Christ,
May God have mercy on us all!
Brother Gene

Old 11-09-2008, 10:04 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
[quote=DayoftheLord;6036328]Awesome, Gene!! I'm going to clean up your post because it's hard to read. It needs to be out there and easy to read because these are the type of stories and visions that need to be heard. Thank you for having the courage to share and welcome to the board!! We need faithful Christians here!! I may move it to a thread that I started also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherGene View Post
A True story:
My name is Eugene Anderson. I have been preaching the Gospel for nearly 20 years.
I had been a Christian since I asked Jesus into my heart at 7 but lived for myself my entire life until around 30 yrs. old when God really started dealing with me.(I'm 50 now)
Since then I have served Jesus and never turned back. I've volunteered for the Billy Graham Assoc., a prison chaplain with Prison fellowship for many years, I have been a youth pastor, a senior Pastor, et et et. Big deal!

I'm saying that because I want you to know I'm not a crack pot but have been blessed with a fairly level head and some wisdom. I have shared my experience all over the world and it has now been almost 20 years since I had these events I'm going to share with you. I give you permission to place them anywhere you like.

This was my experience:

I was sleeping when I awoke, I got up and looked down at my bed, the problem was I was still in bed. Even though I was totally awake, and knew what was happening, It was me,,,, looking at me!! I walked down my hall and then outside. It was a clear night sky. The front of our yard was a green pasture of about 3 acres.

I walked out into the field and looked back on my porch. There was a man with a big beard standing there. He said nothing and I said nothing. I turned and looked into the sky. Then the whole sky turned into a big drive in movie screen. The entire sky was a big screen. I just looked in awe and this is what I saw. A man, mid-eastern looking, was just standing in a military uniform. He was an Arab looking man, but his uniform was Russian.

He was under water because bubbles were rising around him as he stood there. Then the water rushed and the screen turned into a scene of the daytime sky. There were jet streams going across the sky. There were so many jet steams and people came out of their homes screaming. People knew their worst nightmare had come. Those were missiles not planes. I closed my eyes and then in a flash I was in bed. (Please stay with me

Now I get up, (in my body) walk down the exact path I was just on,, grab a bible,, and go into the field, to the exact spot I was just at. I knelt and prayed, "Why God did you show me this", somehow I knew it was God. Then I open it to Rev 18 and a surge of power went through me. It changed my life forever.

There has never been a day I have not gone over that memory now for almost 20 years. I started telling everyone I could. After being rejected by most Pastors, (not all) as I tried to shared my vision, I settled down. I was now a happy Sunday school teacher at a Calvary Chapel, I gave up the driving everyone crazy about the dooms day vision, and I was a normal, happy, Christian again.

One day my wife was in Los Angeles visiting her mom and I had the house to myself. I was a worship leader and had a ministry to the elderly at various rest homes. I was excited to get home and just praise my Jesus! (My favorite thing to do!), As I was on my knees playing my guitar I just wanted to thank Him for my life!!! asking for nothing!! I never had such a spirit of thankfulness for my salvation in my entire life.

And then I sensed a presence come in the room. I got up and sat on my small couch. I began trembling as I felt the same surge that I felt in that field years ago, only this was concentrated in 3 places on my body. My knee, my foot, and my hip. It was like liquid fire or rushing water or atoms moving....in 3 definite spots on my body!

As God is my witness I would not lie, and I am not lying or exaggerating, in any way shape or form. I cant explain it, but as I was sitting there just saying, 'oh ,oh,, oh' I heard, out loud,, an audible voice say," Isaiah 10" I looked to my side and there was a bible. As I grabbed it and pulled it to me, it flipped open to exactly Isaiah 10! First a voice saying Isaiah 10, then afterwards the bible flipping to that exact place! Dont tell me God cant open His book when He wants to!

I was now at full attention"Oh Assyrian,,,, I will send him against a hypocritical nation.... to destroy...! "Oh God" I yelled out. "Why are you doing this to me".... and so on I complained. Well to make a very long twenty year story come to an end. I was healed of 3 different ailments at that encounter. I has a chip in my knee that had been x rayed, that always hurt. but I wanted no surgery. I had a bone spur on my heal so that I could not put direct weight on my heel. And I had a grinding hip joint that always hurt. All were instantly healed!

Before this, after many theologians telling me it was not good doctrine, I was always afraid the vision might not have been from God. I know now, for sure, God had done it. I have read the bible from cover to cover, verse by verse, nearly 19 times in 19 years and I can tell you in my opinion, America is in fact the 'great *****' of Rev 18. It can mean other things as well but America in my humble opinion is in the bible.

I have shared this testimony with great men like David Wilkerson, Dr. Stephen Olford, Mike Boldea, and others. They all confirmed it was from God. I know without a doubt Americas days are numbered. I deal with it like this. I want to tell as many people about the love of Jesus and His death, burial, and resurrection, and see if I can show the way, to as many as I can, with the time He allows me to have on this earth. There are many other great things God has done in my life as well as yours, lets get busy about our Fathers business today!

With the Love of Christ,
May God have mercy on us all!
Brother Gene
Thank you so much DayoftheLord for sharing your story. God has also shown to me the things that will befall America as well. Long ago God show me in His Word, Revelation 18. I believe this will not occur for sometime yet, but I do believe I well see it in my lifetime, that is, if God allows me to live a normal life cycle. When I was about 4 years old I had a vision of the coming anti Christ, yet I only discovered what that vision was about when I was much older. There are not many people here who can begin to grasp what we are talking about, but then again, Noah had the same problem in his day. And your right, most of the one's who give you the problem when you try to share this information, are often the ministers in the churches. Which should tell you something about the condition of the church these days. Yes, America is the end time Babylon spoken of in the Scriptures, and a great number of Americans no longer care about the things of God. They have embraced laws that allow the killing of the unborn, and they elect leaders who will fight to support those laws. As Christians, all we can do is tell others to look to Christ. For the days are coming, when only Christ will be able to protect us.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:21 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Hey, here's a radical notion: suppose that Jeremiah was actually writing about the situation that was going on in his time...NOT the United States (about which he couldn't possibly even have imagined).

Jeremiah was one of the "prophets of exile," writing after the Kingdom of Judea was broken up and its population exiled--not apocryphal storytelling, but historical fact. That was his driving concern. Anyone is free to interpret his writings in their own terms, which is precisely what's happening here. But he certainly wasn't trying to foretell the history of a country that didn't come into existence until some 2300 years after his death.
The prophecies that Jeremiah was speaking about do not match events of his time, and the prophecies are spoken not only in the Old Testaments, but in the new Testements as well. And that is why in the 17 chapter of Revelation it calls this Babylon, MYSTERY BABYLON. To understand who this Babylon is, it requires both the Old and New Testaments together. It appears God put half of the Prophecies in the Old and the other half in the New Testaments. If you consider all the information given in Jer. 50 and 51. And Revelation 18, you will discover there is only one nation that can fulfill these prophecies. And that nation would be the United States. The prophecies could only come to pass after Israel returned from a world wide exile, and setteled in both southern Israel, and retook Jerusalem. Also, the nations of the East would have to have the ability to field an army of 200 million men. This is all occuring in our day, and none of this was fulfilled in the past.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,024 times
Default Is America Babylon?

I can't tell you how much I agree with you. The Lord has been making it REAL clear that He wants me to flee this spiritual Babylon with my two babies. I have had several conformations from Him and the latest ones are more urgent thatn ever. The only problem is I don't know how. I've been praying dilligenly that the Lord yoke me up with like minded believers who are truly sold out to Him as me and my babies. REAL christians that hear HIs voice too. I have a web site narrowgateministry . Please visit it. My contact information is in the contact link. I feel like I am alone on an island by myself with my babies, because everyone else so far seems to be asleep. God bless you friend, keep in touch. Reina

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
America is the Babylon of the end times. Currently I am trying to evacuate America and also encourage and assist other Christians to do the same. There is no doubt whatsoever that America is Babylon. The true Christians must evacuate. It would be best for the Church to meet together and go out exodus style. Certainly GOD has commanded us to leave. It would be a great opportunity for us to overcome divisions, and grow in grace! The great tribulation will be of a great help to the Church. It will in effect be a crash course to prepare us to meet our LORD JESUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality