Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:36 PM

739 posts, read 2,185,524 times

Advertisements

Being a parent, I would guess it would be depth of love for the child, as well as depth of hatred for the person who harmed the child.

Interesting take on hatred Montana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 07:31 PM

336 posts, read 844,413 times
It Started With The Dysfunctional Family I Was Adopted Into.I Would Hear Things Like "You Don't Look Like Us" Or "Don't Ever Adopt." My Adoptive Father Was A Violent Alcoholic And My Adoptive Mother Was Verbally Cruel, The Victim Of Domestic Physical Abuse ,that I Witnessed Many Times.I Began Hating Them When I Was A Preteen.As A Result Of This Hatred, I Made Very Poor Choices Along Life's Way.Most Of My Hate Towards Others Was Unwarranted. It Was An Extention Of My Anger From My Upbringing.I Was Consumed With Anger. Hate Is Connected Very Closely To Anger.I Have No Idea What Would Of Become Of Me If I Had Not Had An Encounter With God.I Regret Now That I Was Consumed With So Much Hate.I Knew No Other Way.It's Difficult To Be At Peace When Suffering With Hate And Rage...

Old 01-08-2009, 06:11 PM

9 posts, read 22,561 times
ive only experienceed hate once, and i still feel it. its pretty recent and has been getting worse in the last couple months.i really HATE my best friends ex-boyfriend for abusing her(physically&emotionally) the more she tells me the more i hate him, and i can feel the pain coming from her when she tells me its really a terrible feeling and i more often than not find myself wanting 2 kill this guy

Old 01-08-2009, 09:30 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times
I've never hate to the extreme some people describe here, but not so long ago I was very hurt after discovering that I had been living a lie for 3 years, (too long to describe here), but it left me feeling betrayed, fooled, and it hurt bad, the more I kept thinking on it the worse I felt, until I called that person and let her know that she had been the most hippocritical and false person I've ever met, that I sincerely wished that she changed or she would never find true happiness only that I don't know if it was ok to do it, but at least made me feel better, I'm glad it's over now but I have to admit I didn't like to feel like this, I'm usually fast to forgive and forget, but this time it was too much, and it took longer

Old 01-09-2009, 06:24 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
Default Let this be a warning to the more sensitive ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I've never hate to the extreme some people describe here, but not so long ago I was very hurt after discovering that I had been living a lie for 3 years, (too long to describe here), but it left me feeling betrayed, fooled, and it hurt bad, the more I kept thinking on it the worse I felt, until I called that person and let her know that she had been the most hippocritical and false person I've ever met, that I sincerely wished that she changed or she would never find true happiness only that I don't know if it was ok to do it, but at least made me feel better, I'm glad it's over now but I have to admit I didn't like to feel like this, I'm usually fast to forgive and forget, but this time it was too much, and it took longer
... among "spiritual" seekers: there are some savages around in need of education, and let my words not be mistaken here, nor anywhere else!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 11:06 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdufauve View Post
Have you ever hated?
Of course I have. Still do. Some things and people deserve to be hated. The challenge is to learn to hate without walking around angry all the time. This idea some have (perhaps not yourself, but some) that we must love and forgive everyone, to me, is ridiculous. I'd go so far as to say it's more toxic to excuse true evil than to hate it.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:47 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
... among "spiritual" seekers: there are some savages around in need of education, and let my words not be mistaken here, nor anywhere else!!!
Hey effie, I believe that you are trying to tell me something, but I'm not getting it, honestly I'm not very good with riddles, it would be more effective if you explained yourself better, thanks

Old 01-10-2009, 10:03 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
Quote:
Hey effie, I believe that you are trying to tell me something, but I'm not getting it, honestly I'm not very good with riddles, it would be more effective if you explained yourself better, thanks
effie, I mean no offense but I agree. I can't make any sense out of your posts and don't have a clue what any of them mean. It would be helpful if you just clearly stated your opinion. Thanks, and I do welcome you to the forum.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:21 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,352,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdufauve View Post
Have you ever hated?

I do not mean, are you a bad person or, are you always in a hate mode or, is hate all you're capable of or, have you acted upon hate.

I'm asking if you've ever been in a circumstance where you reacted by feeling hate, and experienced feeling the emotion of hate toward another person.

What are the qualities of the normal human emotion of hate....hot, confused, disorienting, painful, fearful? What is hate like? And, can knowing hate's qualities make you more able to recognize compassion for others, and love?
I have hated things I had to do, but knew as a responsible adult I had to do them anyway.
I have disliked individuals but never hated them, and I have many people who I have forgiven their trespass, but will never forget those trespasses, and will always hold a reserved position around them.
To hate would just take too much energy and it would be wasted energy. Is it a normal emotion? I don’t think so. Most people I know hurt when treated badly. Anger, frustration, and discomfort may follow, but if hate takes their place they need to go talk it out with a professional.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:50 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
Question Is it really that difficult to get...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
effie, I mean no offense but I agree. I can't make any sense out of your posts and don't have a clue what any of them mean. It would be helpful if you just clearly stated your opinion. Thanks, and I do welcome you to the forum.
First off, thank you for the welcome, it's not anything i could ever take for granted.

Secondly, whatever can be read here, or anywhere else for that matter, falls (so to speak) not on deaf ears, nor into some hollow space, but meets with a wealth of individual experience (..)

Ideally a good and healthy conversation develops, or, much more common, there is the imbalance coming from over-/undertones, whether intellectually recycled or not.

This is, in my view, the major reason for a "reality" out of sync with our hopes and beliefs.

Yours truly, and faithfully, gentlemen

Last edited by effie g-tad; 01-10-2009 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: healthy in the sense of WHOLESOME
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality