Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 11:27 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,072,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
There is only One Power, right? Only One that could be called the 'All That Is'?

Thing is...the perspective here with our limited senses and understanding is quite
different than the perspective of the All That Is...the Infinite Creator, Father, God, the One...
To become aware of that consciousness, to be in that All Pervasive One Consciousness is
the Goal, the ultimate Goal of students and seekers of, whatever they may call it...enlightenment,
union, nirvana, samadhi, Divine knowledge?

My take.
They thus seek haphazardly after imagination and pain. They will fall easily for delusion and evil.

The truth is that even if a powerful sentient being feels or thinks that they are not agnostic in any way, they might still be.

Thus, to simply feel or think oneself as aware, might be to be deluded.

Nirvana and Enlightenment thus don't hold as the ultimate goal the idea to become aware of an infinite nor original all-pervasive one-consciousness. The goal of enlightenment is to see/understand all things clearly, The goal of Nirvana is to reach a state above/better than just heavenly (which is imperfect by description from heaven-obsessed religions).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 03:10 PM

63,862 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because today we have the knowledge of human psychology and know that those states are the result of weaknesses in the human ego, NOT something God would have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Yet, they exist...just as a shadow exists, right? I agree the Godhead, the Source of all does not
have these quality within 'Him'...but in 'His' infinite expansion ...these things are there and are
a cause of experience for' Him'...Whom I sometimes think of as the Mothership...the Big Computer collecting data...to be all that It can be...learning infinitely about Itself as the expansion continues in individualized souls; all part of or extensions of Itself/Himself/Herself....who has no gender...
This is a very Taoist view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
This is what makes sense to me. And what is casting the shadows is a felt separation in our minds, both singly and collectively, from "God". I think.
Very insightful interpretation, Pleroo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality