Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2016, 12:42 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
So why did it create time space and matter?

Really, for what rational reason?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
For us.
What did it need us for? It already had angels with free will outside of time space and matter.

Seriously, why did it need to create us fully knowing it will regret doing so?

Genesis 6:6New International Version (NIV)

6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

LOL
You guys reply can't think for yourselves

Old 12-30-2016, 12:21 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:

6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.
LOL! Yes. How dumb is that! Yahweh regretted making what he knew he was going to regret making before he started to make it! Aaaaaaahahahahaha!

...and the dumbest thing is that they can't see just how illogical THAT is!

Old 12-30-2016, 05:06 PM

12,540 posts, read 2,138,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Yes it does. Col 1:16 says ALL things were created by God;

Water and darkness come after the heavens and the earth were created. Water was part of the earth God created. That is what Gen 1:2 tells us.

That is not a better translation; that is not what the Hebrew says. That is your translation to fit your theology.

[/indent]
Most translators do not accept that and no conservatives ones do. Name on who does accept that.

When God created the earth, it included water.

You Are right they are not angels and they are not human beings; they are Jesus and the Holy Spirit
Why is it sometimes assumed that the "our image" refers to God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit? God said his name is I AM, not WE ARE, And if you then say that his name I AM is because he is "one in three", then why wouldn't he say "in MY image" when he created?

Old 12-30-2016, 10:48 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,445 times
Quote:
What did it need us for? It already had angels with free will outside of time space and matter.
He created the angels in the creation week as well. Besides, I never said he needed us.

Quote:
Seriously, why did it need to create us fully knowing it will regret doing so?

LOL
You guys reply can't think for yourselves
Like I said, I never said he needed to create us and the KJV says he repented which have a different connotation than what we think of today.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graytabbie View Post
Why is it sometimes assumed that the "our image" refers to God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit? God said his name is I AM, not WE ARE, And if you then say that his name I AM is because he is "one in three", then why wouldn't he say "in MY image" when he created?
Same with other religions, apart from perhaps Hinduism. 'God' always looks like those that invent him/her....and with same attributes too. They love, they hate, they coveted, they punish and they want revenge. All human issues. 'God' is nothing more than a superhuman with all the imperfections and fallacies of a normal human being.

Shouldn't a 'supreme being' be above all that, otherwise, they come off as rather childish and immature, throwing a temper tantrum because so and so didn't worship them.

Quote:
...the KJV says he repented which have a different connotation than what we think of today.
Ah! The old...'things were different back then.' Can you offer any support, other than your opinion, for your claim that the word 'repent' meant something different then than it does now?

Old 12-31-2016, 06:32 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,994,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Normally, question is asked - who created god then? Or similar.

I am asking a different question.

WHERE was god BEFORE creation?

Clearly, from the above quote, god was.
God was before creation.
Hence, god, to exist, had to be in some sort of "space".

As ANYTHING that exists, even in a most miraculous form, has to exist IN something.

Something that exists in NOTHING does not exist.

Hence, there must have been some sort of space, appropriate for god, in its characteristics allowing god to exist IN it. A "godly" space, semantics really, but still - space.

Hence, that space was pre-god and god existed in it.

Or, from presumption of gods eternity and having no origin, then that space also has to be eternal and have no origin.
But then, there was two - space AND god in that space.

Why do you think God needs space to exist?

Old 01-01-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Same with other religions, apart from perhaps Hinduism. 'God' always looks like those that invent him/her....and with same attributes too. They love, they hate, they coveted, they punish and they want revenge. All human issues. 'God' is nothing more than a superhuman with all the imperfections and fallacies of a normal human being.

Shouldn't a 'supreme being' be above all that, otherwise, they come off as rather childish and immature, throwing a temper tantrum because so and so didn't worship them.

Ah! The old...'things were different back then.' Can you offer any support, other than your opinion, for your claim that the word 'repent' meant something different then than it does now?
Here's an 1800s difinition.

https://1828.mshaffer.com/d/word/repentance

Old 01-01-2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
How is any definition there different to the definitions we use now?
Could you point out the definition of 'repentance' on that site that means something different than our present definition?

Old 01-02-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
How is any definition there different to the definitions we use now?
Could you point out the definition of 'repentance' on that site that means something different than our present definition?
Here's what it means now. Notice the lack of the other definitions.

"re·pent·ance
[rəˈpentəns]
NOUN
the action of repenting; sincere regret or remorse:
"each person who turns to God in genuine repentance and faith will be saved"

Old 01-03-2017, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Here's what it means now. Notice the lack of the other definitions.

"re·pent·ance
[rəˈpentəns]
NOUN
the action of repenting; sincere regret or remorse:
"each person who turns to God in genuine repentance and faith will be saved"
Yes. I know what it means now. I'm asking you how today's definition differs to the definitions given in your link?

When your god 'repented' that ...'he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him ....' How does the definition of repent in that verse differ to the definition you just gave?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality