Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2017, 09:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Ahem...living by what I at first only heard...is not a religion...it is living by what I at first only heard. When I first heard the good news of Jesus Christ, how that he was crucified, and buried, and the third day rose again from the dead, I believed it. I grew up believing it, and continue to believe it...still that littlewitness inside.
Amen Heavenly Father, in the name of your only begotten Son Jesus Christ...all of us here at City-Data who trust you Lord lift up Shirina to you Lord, that the light of your countenance fill her with joy, and your Holy Spirit strengthen her through these ever present circumstances. Amen.
I bet you'd freak if she publicly stuck pins in a crudely-made doll and asked you to pay a little witness to it as she called upon Satan to bless your little heart.

Old 05-29-2017, 12:04 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,876,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I didn't say they were fools, but I seem to recall reading years ago that Mohammed's experience took place in a cave, where an angel of G-d appeared with a banner with text on it and told him to write it down. He didn't,.....
...and what did your Jesus write down??

Quote:
Now maybe it's just me .....but it would seem to me a real angel of the Lord, 1) would know he was illiterate beforehand...
Maybe it's just me...but it would seem to me that your omnimax god would know the score without having to 'test' people. Just sayin'...

Old 05-29-2017, 12:20 AM

11,073 posts, read 6,014,358 times
Quote:
Whatever the murderers tell you about their god allah, who has nothing in Christ, is a lie, about a lie. Jesus died for what he knew..."Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness." (John) 3:11 KJV...all the rest can only believe it or they will not.
Christians never murdered for their god? For their beliefs? The inquisition .... ?
Come to think of it, didn't the christian god personally murder a whole lot of people? Like the whole planet bar a few individuals? And that was only one occasion .....

Old 05-29-2017, 01:23 AM

1,220 posts, read 988,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I bet you'd freak if she publicly stuck pins in a crudely-made doll and asked you to pay a little witness to it as she called upon Satan to bless your little heart.
...my back has been killing me for several days now! Amen Heavenly Father, in the name of your only begotten Son Jesus Christ, all of us here at City-Data that have heard the good news, and believe...pray for your Holy Spirit to work a work in TroutDude, a work that no one will believe, not even TroutDude...though a man tell it to him...Amen.
It is quite curious to me that many here are following Jesus...it's a road marked with suffering. They simply are unable to see the forest for the trees.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Christians never murdered for their god? For their beliefs? The inquisition .... ?
Come to think of it, didn't the christian god personally murder a whole lot of people? Like the whole planet bar a few individuals? And that was only one occasion .....
Ahem...earth is not a planet...it is a plane.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and what did your Jesus write down??

Maybe it's just me...but it would seem to me that your omnimax god would know the score without having to 'test' people. Just sayin'...
God is testing you right now because he does know the score. The Son of man sat and wrote down all the souls of man and his kind.

Old 05-29-2017, 01:40 AM

11,073 posts, read 6,014,358 times
Quote:
Ahem...earth is not a planet...it is a plane.
No doubt you have proof of this? Like a high altitude photograph. A perfectly level ocean horizon. Something?

Just a quick question - why does the sun not light up the whole earth simultaneously instead of a night/day line that progresses across the plane of the earth?

Old 05-29-2017, 01:57 AM

Quote:
No doubt you have proof of this? Like a high altitude photograph. A perfectly level ocean horizon. Something?

Just a quick question - why does the sun not light up the whole earth simultaneously instead of a night/day line that progresses across the plane of the earth?
Proof? Get a grip Zenglish. The words that I heard that the earth is a plane will never be proof enough for you...or can't you read sign language. You're near the ocean aren't you...go look to see if water curves...it doesn't.
"...God divided the light from the darkness." Genesis 1:4 KJV

Old 05-29-2017, 02:38 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,876,364 times
Quote:

LOL! The dude is as mad as a hatter mate!

Old 05-29-2017, 03:26 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,781,990 times
Quote:
Proof? Get a grip Zenglish. The words that I heard that the earth is a plane will never be proof enough for you...or can't you read sign language. You're near the ocean aren't you...go look to see if water curves...it doesn't.
"...God divided the light from the darkness." Genesis 1:4 KJV
The horizon appears level because we are seeing o the same distance of the globe all around us. the curve can be seen quite clearly with a ship gradually appearing - top of the mast, then upperworks, then body of the ship.

Look chum, for me you have Had It. You are now in cheeky mode, proclaiming your firm faith and hurling Biblequotes and scuttling off into corners to pray at us. If you can't do better than that it is shouting to us and all the browsers that you have nothing better.

I want to try to get some good out of this, so, what would it hurt to admit that all the evidence is against this absurd flat earthism and at least try to discuss your religious views rationally. If you must assert faith, that remains if you happen to lose the rational and factual argument.

You'll be able to hang onto that and will save your time and ours by not thinking you can make a case for God, Jesus and Bible with rational debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.