Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2020, 04:36 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I'm happy to learn more about yoga from a Hindu perspective. It seems you might know something about it. Can you recommend a resource for that? Or even a specific article or video? I'll read/watch them.
No I haven't because I do not have an interest in the spiritual aspect of it. I'm more of a beginner and need to get back to it. I find it great for balance, flexibility and for relaxation. No different that going to a Jewish service and not knowing Hebrew or listening to Gregoririan Chants. Sometimes one can appreciate without looking into the background and sometimes like peri glacial Geomorphology I do wish to find out as much as I can. I also do not care to learn how to make film emulsion but still shoot fine art photography in an older film camera.

I do not have a thirst for knowledge in every single topic nor in the ones that especially interest you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 04:40 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Are you referring to Matthew 15:9? If so, what is your interpretation of that scripture, especially in terms of how you reconcile Christ-consciousness as "Christian"?
We are discussing what Christians should emphasize - the Bible or Christ. What you refer to as God's Word HAS to be the words of Christ NOT the Bible, per se. There is much in the Bible that is NOT from Christ. It is God-inspired but NOT God's word. It is interpreted by flawed, fallible, ignorant, and primitive human beings. Our only true reference for the "mind of God" is the "mind of Christ" not the scribblings and interpretations of men who were NOT Jesus.

The entire history of the development of the Bible involves humans selectively choosing and discarding writings based on their existing beliefs and agendas - a very human political process - NOT remotely divine. Their corruptions are endemic to the entire Bible content as the "precepts and doctrines of men" obscuring the actual message of Christ. The only way to remove the dross is to test the Spirit of everything in the Bible against the True Nature of God's Holy Spirit (consciousness) using what Jesus revealed and demonstrated unambiguously NOT the entire corrupted words of men "written in ink."

I know you don't realize it but Christians should actually be concerned with what is Christian NOT what is biblical. Christians should test everything by WWJT using the "mind of Christ" as revealed in Galatians 5, Sermon on the Mount, and 1st Cor 13. Nowhere in the Bible does it say it is the "mind of Christ" It says we have the "mind of Christ" to know God, period. The Comforter sent in Christ's name is our guide to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."

1 Corinthians 2:15-16 (King James Version)

15But He that is spiritual (Christ reborn as Holy Spirit) judgeth all things, yet He himself is judged of no man (no man judges Christ).
16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? (no one not even those who wrote the OT) but we have the mind of Christ.

2nd Cor 3:14-17 says when the OT is READ the veil of ignorance is upon them. Notice it doesn't say when the heart turns to the scriptures (Bible) the veil of ignorance will be taken away. It says when the heart shall turn to Christ (the Holy Spirit as the Comforter sent in His name). The OT has a veil of ignorance over reading it that Christ came to lift. THAT is the Good News Jesus was preaching.

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded(blind mind=ignorant): for until this day remaineth the same vail (ignorance) untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail (ignorance) is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail (ignorance) is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it (the Heart)shall turn to the Lord (Christ), the vail (ignorance) shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord (Christ) is that Spirit (Holy Spirit): and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

To sum up, scripture just attributes INSPIRATION from God NOT DICTATION. Inspirations demand interpretation using the existing knowledge, existing traditions, superstitions, and beliefs about God in the minds of the receivers. It is unavoidable. You insist on trusting the interpretations of ignorant primitive and barbaric ancestors and avoid having to think for yourself using the guidance from Christ who abides with us as the Comforter within our consciousness. Studying to show ourselves approved means using the ONLY valid information we have about the true nature of our God - the "mind of Christ"- uncorrupted by our ignorant and superstitious ancestors' beliefs about God (WWJT).

Old 06-10-2020, 06:55 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We are discussing what Christians should emphasize - the Bible or Christ. What you refer to as God's Word HAS to be the words of Christ NOT the Bible, per se. There is much in the Bible that is NOT from Christ. It is God-inspired but NOT God's word. It is interpreted by flawed, fallible, ignorant, and primitive human beings. Our only true reference for the "mind of God" is the "mind of Christ" not the scribblings and interpretations of men who were NOT Jesus.

The entire history of the development of the Bible involves humans selectively choosing and discarding writings based on their existing beliefs and agendas - a very human political process - NOT remotely divine. Their corruptions are endemic to the entire Bible content as the "precepts and doctrines of men" obscuring the actual message of Christ. The only way to remove the dross is to test the Spirit of everything in the Bible against the True Nature of God's Holy Spirit (consciousness) using what Jesus revealed and demonstrated unambiguously NOT the entire corrupted words of men "written in ink."

I know you don't realize it but Christians should actually be concerned with what is Christian NOT what is biblical. Christians should test everything by WWJT using the "mind of Christ" as revealed in Galatians 5, Sermon on the Mount, and 1st Cor 13. Nowhere in the Bible does it say it is the "mind of Christ" It says we have the "mind of Christ" to know God, period. The Comforter sent in Christ's name is our guide to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."

1 Corinthians 2:15-16 (King James Version)

15But He that is spiritual (Christ reborn as Holy Spirit) judgeth all things, yet He himself is judged of no man (no man judges Christ).
16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? (no one not even those who wrote the OT) but we have the mind of Christ.

2nd Cor 3:14-17 says when the OT is READ the veil of ignorance is upon them. Notice it doesn't say when the heart turns to the scriptures (Bible) the veil of ignorance will be taken away. It says when the heart shall turn to Christ (the Holy Spirit as the Comforter sent in His name). The OT has a veil of ignorance over reading it that Christ came to lift. THAT is the Good News Jesus was preaching.

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded(blind mind=ignorant): for until this day remaineth the same vail (ignorance) untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail (ignorance) is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail (ignorance) is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it (the Heart)shall turn to the Lord (Christ), the vail (ignorance) shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord (Christ) is that Spirit (Holy Spirit): and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

To sum up, scripture just attributes INSPIRATION from God NOT DICTATION. Inspirations demand interpretation using the existing knowledge, existing traditions, superstitions, and beliefs about God in the minds of the receivers. It is unavoidable. You insist on trusting the interpretations of ignorant primitive and barbaric ancestors and avoid having to think for yourself using the guidance from Christ who abides with us as the Comforter within our consciousness. Studying to show ourselves approved means using the ONLY valid information we have about the true nature of our God - the "mind of Christ"- uncorrupted by our ignorant and superstitious ancestors' beliefs about God (WWJT).
If anyone doesn't see Jesus Christ in scripture, then he is following a false spirit.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:35 PM

2,962 posts, read 864,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
If anyone doesn't see Jesus Christ in scripture, then he is following a false spirit.
If I was following a spirit, it would be critically important that I test this spirit in every way I could, so I was sure I wasn't following a false/deceiving spirit. After all, it could be my eternity on the line. Knowledge is power. That's just me, though.

Old 06-10-2020, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Of course, Jesus is in scripture that is not the problem. It is filtering all the human corruption out of the scriptures. How do you test the Spirit of what you read in the scriptures? I use the "mind of Christ."

Old 06-11-2020, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Of course, Jesus is in scripture that is not the problem. It is filtering all the human corruption out of the scriptures. How do you test the Spirit of what you read in the scriptures? I use the "mind of Christ."
You just pick out the parts of the Bible that you like.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:56 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,605,673 times
Quote:
Do you *like* the parts of the bible where god kills children or commands orther people to slaughter babies Oz?

How about all the rules about owning other people and how you can beat them?

Old 06-11-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Wrong! I use what is compatible with and consistent with the True Nature of God revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. How many times to do you have to be told it has nothing to do with what I like or do not like? Stop lying about me.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Wrong! I use what is compatible with and consistent with the True Nature of God revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. How many times to do you have to be told it has nothing to do with what I like or do not like? Stop lying about me.
Even that is based on your own personal feelings.

Old 06-11-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Even that is based on your own personal feelings.
Not if you actually learn to read with the mind of Christ as He revealed it to us. You apparently have reading comprehension problems and accept everything written no matter how contradictory or inconsistent with the mind of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality