Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:49 PM

23,227 posts, read 10,513,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
You have no idea of what my views are on vaccines.

It is a very real concern for parents on both sides of the issue, but the parents are acting from and driven by the very same motivation and fierce protectiveness of the health and well being of their children. You for your kids and the parents you slam for their kids.

Even if you are angry and frightened and furious and powerless...at some level do you get that they are doing it because they don't want to put rheir kids at risk. Just like you don't want to put your kids at risk.

There is no easy solution. However the concern of the parents on both sides is identical.

I don't tell people what to do regarding vaccines. People look at the research and do what they feel is safest.

I have been instructed by the medical profession to NOT get a flu vaccine ever again because some decades ago it made me so ill. Yes there are studies and yes there are statistics but a person can not ever know if we will be in the 87% or the 3%.

I am educated. I work in healthcare. People at this time in our society are not required to take medicine, and they are allowed to decline treatment.

Medical ethics cases and questions fascinate me because of the issues they explore and the complexity of elements involved. It touches and addresses very real meaningful areas of conflict and it fascinates me how they are addressed and resolved. lts one of the things I love about working in healthcare.
I wouldn't get a flu vaccine if I had to go to jail.

That would be the very last stupid thing I ever did, I would NEVER get one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 03:01 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,175,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

I've had one flu shot(about 25 years ago) and had never been so sick in my life. Without them, I do just fine.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:23 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,174,925 times
Jesus did not die in vain. His Father God will be true to all His Promises Concerning Hell and Heaven

~ repent

Old 06-26-2017, 06:15 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,076,690 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
I've had one flu shot(about 25 years ago) and had never been so sick in my life. Without them, I do just fine.
The last time I had the flu, actual medically diagnosed flu, as opposed to feeling sick in the winter, was 1992. I didn't have the flu shot that year.

I have had a flu shot every year since then with no adverse effects, and no flu. I plan on getting another flu shot this fall.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:51 PM

22,497 posts, read 19,304,533 times
Quote:
Ditto
Me too
I was told by medical staff to never ever get a flu shot again.

I haven't.
Going on close to 30 years.
Have never had the flu

And I work in a job where I have a lot of contact with a lot of sick people (hospital, medical clinic) and their families and visitors

Old 06-26-2017, 08:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,239,011 times
Quote:
Ditto
Me too
I was told by medical staff to never ever get a flu shot again.

I haven't.
Going on close to 30 years.
Have never had the flu

And I work in a job where I have a lot of contact with a lot of sick people (hospital, medical clinic) and their families and visitors
In Canada, you wouldn't be allowed to have that job without an annual flu shot.

Yet another reason to be glad for my ancestors' choice of where to settle.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
In Canada, you wouldn't be allowed to have that job without an annual flu shot.

Yet another reason to be glad for my ancestors' choice of where to settle.
I meet every year with medical staff who interview me (and every other employee who declines the flu shot) and we both sign the form I decline and my decision is accepted.

Just like in Canada. Your post is not accurate regarding health care staff in Canada. Yet another reason to..... maybe check for accuracy next time?

From article Dec 2016
"Canadian hospitals put a lot of effort into encouraging their staff members to get the annual influenza vaccination. But, for a variety of reasons, a significant proportion of them decline the shot.

"Last flu season, about 53 per cent of health-care workers in Ontario’s hospitals were immunized, says David Jensen, a spokesperson for the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.

"The rate was better in long-term care homes, where 72.4 per cent of staff got vaccinated."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...Fservice%3Damp

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-26-2017 at 09:45 PM..

Old 06-26-2017, 09:14 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,175,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
Jesus did not die in vain. His Father God will be true to all His Promises Concerning Hell and Heaven

~ repent
Hogwash.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Hogwash.
Swine flu?

Old 06-27-2017, 05:40 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,793,492 times
Quote:

I may have mentioned before - I cancel and do not post a lot more than I post

Quote:
Swine flu?
Lol that was a neat one. I'll be honest, I never bother with Flu jabs myself. The cure? Retirement.

Working in conditions where the bosses neither knew or cared whether they were conducive to efficient work or individual health was bad enough- when I worked in London, 2 hours daily commuting led to 4 or more bouts of flu a year. Since I retired, I haven't had ONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post

~ repent
Yes he did and no he won't. The agreed delivery dates have not been met by getting on for 2,000 years and the contract is cancelled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality