Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 01:32 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

I would say that there is no heaven, the kingdom of heaven is within, and there will come a day when it is made without.

But that there isn't a heaven, but only other worlds, other planets in my opinion.

I think hell is a perspectives of where you will be on an Earth whether in body, or a guiding spirit in a body.

If your fire is never quenched and your worm does not die, it doesn't mean hell, it means you stay in the flesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 01:34 PM

22,185 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Sorry but no matter how many times you use the words logical, mature or responsible to describe how you envision Hell, it really does not seem any of those. ...
what I am saying is that feeling remorse, being held accountable, and taking responsibility are logical and mature and reasonable.

during our life
and also between lifetimes

if parts of that are excruciatingly painful (the only "hell" there is) it is because we have clear vision between lifetimes. there is no blaming others, there is no making excuses, there is no dishonesty. everything is revealed, and seen, and understood.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I don't understand what this ^^^ has to do with what I asked you?...
because you said this:

Quote:
... "taking full responsibility and holding us fully accountable" SOUNDS punitive...
I don't think being held responsible is punitive. so I gave some examples. and asked you if you consider those examples punitive

Quote:
I don't see taking responsibility as suffering. What in my post made you think that I do?
because you said this:

Quote:
...is it just, essentially, tit for tat: be this/do that and get it right, or suffer the consequences until you DO get it right?
you say it right there "suffer the consequences until you get it right"
our thought speech and action have consequences.
being held accountable is taking responsibility for those consequences.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-15-2017 at 03:03 PM..

Old 06-15-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
... Saying that people have been emotionally hurt, have mistaken beliefs, physical issues, fearfulness, etc., all of which can be part of what leads people to behavior that is out of harmony with love? Having compassion for the human experience sounds to you like resistance to taking responsibility...

it's not about being perfect.
it's about taking responsibility for our thought, speech, action
and taking responsibility for the consequences of our thought, speech, action.
it's about making amends, instead of making excuses.
it's about seeking to change our behavior next time around, instead of justifying defending rationalizing blaming

yes we have compassion for ourself and for others.
and.... we are still also responsible for the consequences of our actions.

if I had a crap upbringing that led me into horrible situations where I made terrible decisions I have compassion on myself and recognize I did the best I could in the situation. I also take responsibility for my life (not blame....responsibility) by recognizing if I want the quality of my life to change I need to do things differently and learn healthier skills for life and relationships and work on my self improvement.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-15-2017 at 03:36 PM..

Old 06-15-2017, 02:25 PM

75 posts, read 50,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
if, upon death, we spend an eternity inside our last thought.

I've mulled that one for a few decades.

Still mulling....
What if, upon death a person wakes up in a bed of fire; what then, more mulling? I think not, a person would be busy trying to dodge the flames; but to little avail.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:32 PM

75 posts, read 50,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I would say that there is no heaven, the kingdom of heaven is within, and there will come a day when it is made without.
But that there isn't a heaven, but only other worlds, other planets in my opinion.

I think hell is a perspectives of where you will be on an Earth whether in body, or a guiding spirit in a body.
If your fire is never quenched and your worm does not die, it doesn't mean hell, it means you stay in the flesh.
That is your honest assessment? Then what do you think of this?
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Pretty nuts huh??

Mark 9:44-48 King James Version (KJV)

Old 06-15-2017, 02:36 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,836,946 times
People are not accountable for understanding God and all of His perfect ways, but for believing God. Those who reject God's Scriptural revelation of His plan, purpose, ways, truth and promises -- are no less accountable for God's truth and reality.

Where else in life or all of creation does simply believing or not believing something make it true or false? Those who suppress the inborn knowledge of God and His truths ... are without excuse (Romans 1:18-20).

Old 06-15-2017, 02:41 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,065,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Heaven = your happiest thought

Hell = your most frightening
"State of being" is not a thought.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
what I am saying is that feeling remorse, being held accountable, and taking responsibility are logical and mature and reasonable.

during our life
and also between lifetimes

if parts of that are excruciatingly painful (the only "hell" there is) it is because we have clear vision between lifetimes. there is no blaming others, there is no making excuses, there is no dishonesty. everything is revealed, and seen, and understood.
So if one takes responsibility for their words and actions do they avoid going to Hell? A yes or no type answer would be preferred. Thanks.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:45 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,065,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Motor View Post
That is your honest assessment? Then what do you think of this?
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Pretty nuts huh??

Mark 9:44-48 King James Version (KJV)
No its not nuts, its just metaphor and its simple.

If you have bowel cancer the surgeon will cut out your bowel.
Or would you prefer to keep it and let it spread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality