Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 10:36 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times

Advertisements

The love of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 01:39 AM

11,023 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I am not against the male species but when you look back at the evils in history up through today it's clearly the male species that's responsible for most of the evil.

Which leads to a very interesting observation in the Christian religion...one of their themes and teachings is that we are born evil. Since it was ancient men who conjured up and wrote this bizzare claim into their holy book...perhaps they were simply describing themselves.
Aah ... but was it not Eve that tempted Adam with the forbidden fruit?

But yes, you nailed it there.

Last edited by 303Guy; 08-31-2017 at 01:50 AM..

Old 08-31-2017, 03:03 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

But yes, you nailed it there.

The "woman You gave me"; didn't work for Adam, won't work for you, either. Just sayin'.... Peace

Old 08-31-2017, 04:22 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I am not against the male species but when you look back at the evils in history up through today it's clearly the male species that's responsible for most of the evil.

Which leads to a very interesting observation in the Christian religion...one of their themes and teachings is that we are born evil. Since it was ancient men who conjured up and wrote this bizzare claim into their holy book...perhaps they were simply describing themselves.
na, I would never take away that your are against the male.

behind every good man, there is a better woman.

well ... guess what.
flip it and stick it ...
on the bulletin board.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:17 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
It is a story.
But, from the story I get they were both weak and duped. Eve could have said no and Adam could have said no.
This was the birth of 'b-l-a-m-e'.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:21 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmooky View Post
Is this senseless drivel on purpose?
If you don't understand it or agree with something doesn't make it drivel
and reason to insult a person.
This a very good example of think it...don't write.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:10 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Default What is the root of evil?

Why do people try to attach evil to characteristics that are NOT causative? Gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, etc. are NOT the source of evil. It is the state of mind of the people who willfully do evil that is the source and that state of mind can be found in all kinds of people.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:20 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why do people try to attach evil to characteristics that are NOT causative? Gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, etc. are NOT the source of evil. It is the state of mind of the people who willfully do evil that is the source and that state of mind can be found in all kinds of people.
I don't think we can make that assumption. People do what they think is right not realizing that they are the perpetrators of harmful acts. Take for example my mom shunning me. In her world she is trying to save my life. In my world she is the one who is wasting her life.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:35 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post
Was thinking about this a bit and wondering what people think is the root of evil.

People who commit evil acts – Hitler, suicide terrorists, preaching hate at funerals have a common quality. Those acts can only be committed by egomaniacs. Someone is so selfish and so caught up in their ideology that they will do anything to cause harm to others not like them.

So if ego leads to evil, what leads to serenity and/or God? Reducing one’s ego, becoming more selfless, accepting personal flaws and what is outside of one’s control, stepping outside of one’s ideological and social bubble. My experience is that it takes self-awareness and work but leads to inner peace and increased happiness.
Perhaps this: paying close attention to how one feels and what one is thinking that is causing that emotion. If you're feeling crappy, whatever you're thinking isn't lined up with who you really are at your core*, so find a way to think about it that makes you feel better, and don't take action until you've done that.

*This is based on my belief that at the core of who we are is love.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:33 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I don't think we can make that assumption. People do what they think is right not realizing that they are the perpetrators of harmful acts. Take for example my mom shunning me. In her world she is trying to save my life. In my world she is the one who is wasting her life.

That is so sad. Just added her to my prayer list for that wall to come down. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality