Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2017, 03:28 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Again. Clean up your own posts before condemning others for their posts.
Thank you for adding NOTHING to the discussion. I only speak the truth as I see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 03:32 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Of course, they are going to deny it. To do otherwise is to admit that on some level, u do not accept atheism. The evidence does not show mere indifference.
Of course we are going deny it, and we explain why. You consistently refuse to accept what we say, and keep repeating the same accusation. So we deny ity and explain why, yet again. I fail to see how not being angry with a being we don't believe exists is proving that 'on some level' -just what level, Jeff?- we don't accept atheism.

The repeated pushing of that illogical and denialist claim is compounded by equating our lack of indifference to the influence of religion with some kind of suppressed belief in God. You must surely see how weak that argument is.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:06 PM

20,005 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Of course, they are going to deny it. To do otherwise is to admit that on some level, u do not accept atheism. The evidence does not show mere indifference.
I think you need to actually LISTEN to others rather then TELL them what they think, and why.

I may not agree with your beliefs but I don't try to tell you that "at some level" you do not accept theism, that you are a secret atheist. Imagine your reaction if I did!

Atheists sometimes are angry of course ... just not about or at the things you think. Here again, you start with a belief and then look for evidence for it and ignore evidence against it, rather than LISTENING and gathering evidence and then deciding what is likely to be true based on that.

Perhaps that is in part because the actual reasons we have for our lack of belief are not convenient for you to acknowledge.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:45 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I think you need to actually LISTEN to others rather then TELL them what they think, and why.

I may not agree with your beliefs but I don't try to tell you that "at some level" you do not accept theism, that you are a secret atheist. Imagine your reaction if I did!

Atheists sometimes are angry of course ... just not about or at the things you think. Here again, you start with a belief and then look for evidence for it and ignore evidence against it, rather than LISTENING and gathering evidence and then deciding what is likely to be true based on that.

Perhaps that is in part because the actual reasons we have for our lack of belief are not convenient for you to acknowledge.
lmao, the pot calling the kettle black again. like them, you ignore, deny, and mimize any science that you don't feel helps market your "lack of belief", aka: deny anything if it doesn't promote atheism.

yeah, your sect knows. lmao.

here i am, not stuck with you, thats for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q

Old 09-27-2017, 05:06 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post

Mordant.

I miss talking with you about science. I haven't forgotten how well spoken you have been in the past.

So, I want to share something with you.

Our ancestors were very educated in such. The amount of which has been passed down for thousands if not ten thousand yrs. Do not be mislead by the sorceries of those who wish to dominate and oppress.
They would lie to you first about who discovered the americas.
Then they will lie about how they got there.
And further lie about the elders that spoke of creation for thousands upon ten thousand generations.

What has a liar to inherit when they steal. Nothing.
They will first destroy any recognition of truth first then say the earth is not flat.

No one ever said it was.

Be vigilant mordant.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:39 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Thank you for adding NOTHING to the discussion. I only speak the truth as I see it.
Some people age without maturing.

I was hoping you wouldn't turn out to be one of them.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:45 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Some people age without maturing.

I was hoping you wouldn't turn out to be one of them.
Irrelevant insults are not exactly a great sign of maturity.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:07 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
It's your truth is what you really mean.
Do the same with any of the other great spirtual teachers that have walked this earth. Most humans are not Gandhi like, Paramahansa Yogananda like, Dali Lama like, Gautama Buddha like.
Thanks for supporting my point...religion is a failure especially when the followers find it almost impossible to abide by their religious rules.
And you don't see how the world has been in turmoil for a long time with established religion? If religion was the answer then the world would certainly be a much kinder and and safer place...don't you think?

You can believe in righteousness all you want but you don't have the right to dictate to others what their righteousness should be.
You are talking nonsense and nothing you have posted here is credible or accurate.
What evidence are you talking about? I have no idea what you are wanting me to prove to you?
You have not seen anything yet...just wait until this planet is so overpopulated due to no one talking about population control.
I'm certainly not fat and you bet I am in control of my own destiny so therefore I don't worry about someone grabbing whatever piece of the pie you are referring to.
Are you serious with this reply? I mean, some of what you said are outright lies and there are other portions that make me question where you're head is on certain issues, but I remember that I don't have any authority to judge.

Look, people have done horrible things. That's well documented. If you compare the actions of people to the words of Christ, you will have no choice but to recognize the contrasts.

That's the first part, and secondly, I think population could cause the eventual collapse of the biosphere, but that it doesn't necessarily have to if we make adaptions today. We would need to eliminate all unsustainable activities. Anything that is proven to be unsustainable should have considerable resources dedicated to find a sustainable alternative or substituted with another activity or possibly outright abandoned in a worst case scenario.

The problem is that people need a foundation in order to prosper harmoniously. That foundation is made very simple and clear through the words of Christ. It's simple, follow his words and no harm will be done. Does it mean that we have to stifle our thinking? No.

It just means that we need to think in terms of how we can get rid of the desire to be greedy. There are models that I can think of, but are probably too disciplined for the general population, even though it would result in a warrior like populous that of course chooses not to fight.

Anyway, I was speaking in metaphors when I said you were fat. I meant you might be content with your situation in life, but at the end of the day it is foolish for you to think that you control your destiny.

You ever heard of a tail event? They happen.

If you are at the end of one, bad things can happen. Things that I wouldn't wish upon anyone that could change your life. Then again, good things can also happen. At the end of the day, I don't know the result of your destiny, so I cannot dictate what is good and what is bad in terms of things that happen in your life.

Also, it seems as if you view your beauty as part of your identity because I know you have mentioned this before, even though, admittedly, it was me that put the statement out there in which I figured you would reply.

I'll say this. Just be careful about defining yourself by how you look. Focus on who you are on the inside. Because by you telling me how you look, I can look past your faults and just be interested in your body. Trust me, I've been in a situation before where I listened to an absolutely horrible woman talk about the most terrible things only because I just could imagine how she would be. Images are very powerful. They can hypnotize you and make you forget your morals.

Why is this important? Because you want people to approach you based on your words, not based on how you look.

Look, do what you wanna do. That's my piece. What ya gotta say?

Lol.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:08 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,190,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Don't bother. We've heard it all before. And in fact, another end-of-times date just passed a few days ago. Don't you get it -- the fables don't work anymore.
I was just going to talk about the future of debt as I see it. The end of times is different for everyone.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:58 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
I believe in the whole Bible. You just pick and choose whatever fits your fancy. The rest of your comments only continues to show a poor testimony. It is completely uncalled for. Not that I had much respect left for your opinion anyways.
No you do not believe the "whole" Bible. I'll prove it to you because Scripture often presents contrary views.

Did not Jesus say "Love your enemy; pray for him who would despitefully use you, if one asks for your shirt, give him your cloak as well?"

That's what Jesus teaches---but your belief is in OT Scripture as in Psalms 139 that concludes with this disturbing anti-Jesus "prayer." And interestingly, the first 18 verses are all about introspection of one's own heart!! Too bad the author didn't take time to look at his own:
[quote]
If only you, God, would slay the wicked!Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!
They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.
Do I not hate those who hate you, Lord,
and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?
I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.
Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Paul also, disagreed with OT Scripture. In I Cor. 2:16 Paul paraphrases Isaiah 40:13 that says "Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, Or as His counselor has informed Him?" Paul slightly paraphrases this to state:

"For who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct Him?" But then Paul answers his own question---"But WE have the mind of Christ!"

In other words, the prophet implies the Lord could not be questioned---but Paul states the MIND of Christ within us. WE can question, that's who!! The way of faithful questioning the Bible in the name of compassion is both authorized by the most fervent Pharisee in Scripture and OBLIGATES us to do the same when it means to stand for love and even for our "enemies."

The nature of Scripture means that by including these conflicting views it forces us to deliberate and to morally engage with these statements rather than passively accept them.

And that's all our atheist brothers and sisters are demanding of us---To not disengage our own sense of right and wrong in attempting to defend Scripture.

Do you worship a jesus who would bash an infants head against stones as stated in Psalms 139?
Or do you worship the Lord of Life who Loves those you do not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality