Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 05:07 PM

51,467 posts, read 24,822,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Since y'all feel that God is so uncaring and unloving for not helping suffering people in any way possible...should we all be held to that same standard?
See...this argument is old, and ridiculous.
By this logic...if some Deity is evil and horrible for not helping, when they could...all (that would be anybody) that hold any unnecessary abundance (more food than you need, shelter more than just basic...forget jewelry, a third flatscreen, designer clothes/shoes, a cruise vacation, etc) while others lack even the minimum...must deem themselves as evil as they claim "Nonhelping even though they could" Deities are.
Hold yourselves to the same standard you hold these supposed Deities.
You COULD help out all you are able. Do you? If not, by the standard you judge Deities, judge yourself.
1. You can do anything you want. Frankly I don't give a flying farkle.
2. I've done plenty to help others. Wish god had helped me as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 05:10 PM

19,248 posts, read 27,909,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I think it's extreme arrogance when a human being speaks of God the way you did.

He spoke and created the universe, you, me, and everything in it. He takes human beings that hate him and he regenerates their hearts, paying for their sin himself by stepping into creation and dying on a cross.

He is good. To suggest otherwise is pure arrogance.

He also created person, you referring to, the way that person is. There is, most likely, reason YOU do not know, and do not need to know, why that person is the way that person is.
Or have you forgotten:
- Though shall not judge?
- God acts in mysterious ways
- Love thy neighbor but, even more, love thy enemy.

Are you somehow special to judge god's creation? Even should you come and tell that it's the devil who corrupted this person, etc, etc - god you speaking of created same here satan for reason you do not know and do not need to know, as such is god's will and who are you to question it?

Old 12-13-2017, 06:02 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,697,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. You can do anything you want. Frankly I don't give a flying farkle.
2. I've done plenty to help others. Wish god had helped me as much.
As usual...you don't address the point that was made. Try dealing with that.
What you responded to by 303 was basically an offshoot of "The Problem of Evil/Suffering".
I have seen it many times on this board. Others will pose "The Problem" and put up pictures of emaciated & starving, or injured children. This does stimulate emotions...but really adds nothing to the "Does A God Exist?" argument that isn't there without the specific descriptions.

What is so illogical that it is actually inane..is that some, that don't even believe in the existence of some Omnimax God, would then question why this nonexistent God doesn't act in some way!
That doesn't make any sense. Why question or get all worked up over the inaction of something that isn't real?!
There is no Deity that demonstrates its cruel insouciance by allowing suffering that could all be solved with a *SNAP*, but simply chooses not to.
So, what's with the all the fervent angst?
Well, I actually know why some are so upset about it...and I've posted it many times: WE ARE MAD AT OURSELVES!!
WE are the "selfish and cruel" that just watch the suffering we COULD do something about, but don't.
How many pairs of shoes do we own, but still buy more? What about something as worthless and frivolously expensive as jewelry...who has some of that? Vacations...for nothing more than our "enjoyment". Two, three, or more, flatscreens. How much money do we spend on sports in this country, both playing and observing? All while people starve...and there is a shortage of research dollars to find the cures for diseases.

I have donated most of the money I've made in my life...but have admited the portion I have retained is an obscene abundance, relative to any reasonable requirement. I bought a whole mountain, and built a huge glass front chalet on it, made from the finest of everything...so I wouldn't be "bothered"...while 3 five cent bowls of rice per day, per person, would save the lives of millions. How many bowls could be purchased with the difference between my estate and a small apartment?
People buy multi-million dollar paintings...just to look at. Ferraris, yachts, a 4th mansion, Rolex watches, and children have 7 or 8 hundred dollar smartphones. We spend hundreds of millions to explore outer space...for not much more than to satisfy our curiosity...instead of buying basic necessities and medical care for the poor. And how much time, effort, and money does mankind spend on militaries and waging war?
And as for other "bad things" in the world: It isn't the fault of the nonexistent Deities that a child is a rape victim...it is HUMANS conducting as rapists.
WE are the "selfish and uncaring Powerful Entities" that COULD do something, but DON'T. There are no EVIL DEITIES doing nothing even though they could..there is only US acting that way.
Any anger should be with ourselves...and not illogically projected upon some made-up Deity Character that does not exist.

Old 12-13-2017, 06:59 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,382,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
It's not even fair. I hate hearing how things on this earth are going to hell, regardless of whether we have "free will" or not. I'm angry because God only wants us to worship him in his own kingdom. I have been driven crazy for years. God doesn't care about our lives on earth, even if we suffer down here with all the anger and sadness. I think God IS cruel and uncaring, and I don't believe what anybody else says about it. I thought God was supposed to be good. His entire creation and his own eternal kingdom is an illusionary concept, some kind of trick. It's like teasing a person.
You say that because you have no concept of what God's kingdom looks like.

Watch this film from an analytical perspective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHm7-Z9Sks4

God's afterlife is our afterlife.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:02 PM

8,165 posts, read 8,583,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
It's not even fair. I hate hearing how things on this earth are going to hell, regardless of whether we have "free will" or not. I'm angry because God only wants us to worship him in his own kingdom. I have been driven crazy for years.<>
Go rent "The Shack" which explains it all in about 2 hours.
Report back.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:13 PM

Pretty much. Thanks Crashj.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let's use religion to solve other problems like world pea-

(Some atheist or other comes along and wastes everyone's time in debate that was answered pages ago)

Old 12-13-2017, 07:30 PM

51,467 posts, read 24,822,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Pretty much. Thanks Crashj.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let's use religion to solve other problems like world pea-

(Some atheist or other comes along and wastes everyone's time in debate that was answered pages ago)
Nobody's time is wasted since no one has to read the thread.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:53 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,181,593 times
Honestly, I find it amusing to see a believer distraught as to why their just and loving God isn't cuddling them.

OP, put yourself in the shoes of the millions of starving and suffering humans around the world. Your silly problems might seem as big as you thought.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:05 PM

*Not?

You know why there are so many starving and suffering humans? Because you didn't give enough to Heifer this year. Guilt, guilt, shaaame~

Or you know, you could stop playing the guilt card on believers, when often nonbelievers are part of the problem.

Or instead of playing the guilt card at all, you could shut up, and give a cow or a goat or a pig. Because this a sight better in the first place than wasting your breath on people who really don't care what you have to say, because they donated rabbits, birds, and bees to help feed such people.

Why is God so uncaring?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x546rxt

Because you have done nothing to help.

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 12-13-2017 at 08:25 PM..

Old 12-13-2017, 08:54 PM

5,721 posts, read 4,044,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
With your free will you can say and believe anything you want.
Your opinions only affect you so carry on.
Can you bring yourself to believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, no matter how much you might want to?

Opinions affect you and potentially anyone you interact with, to some small degree or another [potentially much larger degree].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality