Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 05:46 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,661,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yepper additionally self created personal narratives and delusional thinking are also a hurdles to any "real" understanding.
why yes is it does! That's why I am a strong proponent of stating with the man in mirror before we attack others. If we can effect change there we can effect change everywhere. You did correct the word "motorcycle" so the narrative is not delusional. You are wrong again.

what we do agree on is that free will does not exists. People choices are a direct result of the brain state at any given time. "I changed my mind", I bet if we saw the potentials in the brain we would see the "changed mind" coming before the person realizes it.

Where I diverge from you is your repeated statements that animals are so much better than humans and humans are ' fallible". All that harmony and in tune religious stuff. Animals have less choices available to them. That's where we need to start this line of secret inner animal circle logic.

Animals are their next thought, human don't have to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 10:35 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,020,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
whatever you just said above, how does it relate to a person choosing love and compassion, seeing love and compassion, acting in ways that are loving and compassionate, regardless of their life circumstances?
What you listed are choices, just the act of acting requires a choice, it is not Free. One would have to ask, What is the intent behind "acting in ways that are loving and compassionate" if there is a motive behind it, then it isn't Free, it is a Choice. If you are "acting in ways that are loving and compassionate" are you doing this to make yourself feel better or trying to make someone else feel better?

Old 03-28-2018, 12:22 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,300,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
why yes is it does! That's why I am a strong proponent of stating with the man in mirror before we attack others.
You are being disingenuous here. You have done more then enough launching unsubstantiated attacks on me base on your personal narrative of me.
Quote:
If we can effect change there we can effect change everywhere. You did correct the word "motorcycle" so the narrative is not delusional. You are wrong again.
Nope I did not correct the word motorcycle.

This quote is a perfect example of your disingenuous opening statement. You need to take a deep look at your man in the mirror and stop attacking others.
Quote:
Where I diverge from you is your repeated statements that animals are so much better than humans and humans are ' fallible".
Here again are more unsubstantiated claims. I've never once stated any animal is "better" than another. What I have stated is many other animal species behave better then the human species.
Quote:
All that harmony and in tune religious stuff. Animals have less choices available to them. That's where we need to start this line of secret inner animal circle logic.
The only animals that have less choices are domesticated animals.

You clearly know nothing about the Animal Kingdom. I suggest you watch the Blue Planet series and up your knowledge about the other animal species vs. posting misinformation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality