Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2018, 01:17 AM

11,051 posts, read 6,007,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Atheists won't accept it because they are so embedded with hatred against God, and would have to face the reality of eternal damnation or accepting Christ as their savior. At least one atheist was honest enough to tell me that in that case, he would rather burn in hell forever just so he could give God the middle finger. Wow.

The negative tone and garbage need to insult Christians here only confirms my viewpoint.
Jeff, I don't hate your god or any other god. I do accept that you have a 'personal' god that you may be sharing with other like minded folks. But this god is nothing like a creator god. The creator god is what we are arguing about, not your personal god. If an omnipotent creator god did exist and was answerable for all the atrocities that happen and the suffering and death of so many people, then we would surely have reason hate it (and fear it too). But it doesn't exist so there is nothing to hate or fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 04:06 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,771,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Jeff, I don't hate your god or any other god. I do accept that you have a 'personal' god that you may be sharing with other like minded folks. But this god is nothing like a creator god. The creator god is what we are arguing about, not your personal god. If an omnipotent creator god did exist and was answerable for all the atrocities that happen and the suffering and death of so many people, then we would surely have reason hate it (and fear it too). But it doesn't exist so there is nothing to hate or fear.
I think Jeff does postulate this monstrous Biblegod. If he was talking for a sortagod, it would be a different argument, though probably just as acriminious.
Quote:
Atheists won't accept it because they are so embedded with hatred against God, and would have to face the reality of eternal damnation or accepting Christ as their savior. At least one atheist was honest enough to tell me that in that case, he would rather burn in hell forever just so he could give God the middle finger. Wow.

The negative tone and garbage need to insult Christians here only confirms my viewpoint.
Well done Jeff. You play a whole string of dud cards - 'Atheists hate God/Atheists just want to Sin". In fact Matt Dillahunty has said that if Biblegod turned up demanding worship or burn, he would refuse; and if he was tortured for ever as punishment for having a better moral sense that this god of yours, he'd know that he was the morally superior being, even if the Deity had more advanced technology.

And finally you play the joker of 'you are all werry wude, so I win' , In fact, you lose the trick and the game.

Wise up, Jeff - you are fighting a losing battle in debate, even if you win by how many millions you people can keep deluded.

Old 05-23-2018, 04:24 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,610,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I think Jeff does postulate this monstrous Biblegod. If he was talking for a sortagod, it would be a different argument, though probably just as acriminious.

Well done Jeff. You play a whole string of dud cards - 'Atheists hate God/Atheists just want to Sin". In fact Matt Dillahunty has said that if Biblegod turned up demanding worship or burn, he would refuse; and if he was tortured for ever as punishment for having a better moral sense that this god of yours, he'd know that he was the morally superior being, even if the Deity had more advanced technology.

And finally you play the joker of 'you are all werry wude, so I win' , In fact, you lose the trick and the game.

Wise up, Jeff - you are fighting a losing battle in debate, even if you win by how many millions you people can keep deluded.
Bravo!

Old 05-23-2018, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Bravo!

(erratum: I meant of course acrimonious. Acriminious is the same, but shorter, sweeter and with pink Thousand Island dressing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HicMh19X_MA

Old 05-23-2018, 04:45 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,017,739 times
Quote:

Why contribute to it?

Old 05-23-2018, 05:06 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,230,174 times
Quote:

Are your 'proofs' those that Transponder listed in post 185 or do you have new real 'proofs'?
Regardless of what one person told you, I can guarantee most of us would seriously consider whatever you have if it's not the same old regurgitated stuff.
Serious atheists want to know the truth since we admit we don't know.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Are your 'proofs' those that Transponder listed in post 185 or do you have new real 'proofs'?
Regardless of what one person told you, I can guarantee most of us would seriously consider whatever you have if it's not the same old regurgitated stuff.
Not sure what a serious atheist is, but IRL most atheist couldn't care less and are not looking for some answers to something they have no interest in.

Activist sometimes feigns interest in this or that so that they can trojan horse for their dear platforms.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It seems to be Projection all the way - we are so very rude, when it's them (they see it as righteous Anger) we get accused of making claims but producing no evidence when in fact we produce the evidence and it gets routinely ignored and they claim "100ds of proofs" and never produce anything.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It seems to be Projection all the way - we are so very rude, when it's them (they see it as righteous Anger) we get accused of making claims but producing no evidence when in fact we produce the evidence and it gets routinely ignored and they claim "100ds of proofs" and never produce anything.i
It's a wash anyway whenever a forum has been reduced to 'we' instead of individual voices.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Not sure what a serious atheist is, but IRL most atheist couldn't care less and are not looking for some answers to something they have no interest in.

Activist sometimes feigns interest in this or that so that they can trojan horse for their dear platforms.
Ah.... I always Knew there was Something...

However, the 'serious' atheist is not one who never smiles. In fact we laugh out loud quite often. I call them 'Thinking atheists', and this means those who have looked at the arguments and are aware of the,

The 'run of the mill' uncaring atheist (and they are the great majority) don't know the arguments, and thus are easy meat for the many well -crafted evangelical packages.

"I used to be an atheist - like you - until...." still pops up regularly and this is why it is useless. If they got converted by one of these conversion -ploys, they are not an atheist 'like me' because they have not heard both sides, and if it was up to the believers, the Other side would never be heard. This why the Internet has been the biggest weapn in the atheist amoury. Even ordinary bods in the street like me can get to an audience of...well, dozens and dozens...where once, we had no voice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality