Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 05:26 AM

4,765 posts, read 2,004,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Doesn't seem that way. Seems your belief in quotes outweighs anything that really has to do with God. My observation, of course.

Sure you do. You do it by quoting the Bible and claiming God said it, but it's really you saying it. And I can read just fine, no need to make nasty remarks.

OK.

1. "You have absolutely no intelligence or education in the Bible or in Christianity and there are Christians far more intelligent than you are. Nothing I have read of your points to commonse3nse." (Post #298)

Not only is it nasty, it is both untrue and grammatically faulty.

and

2. See bolded, above.

You are one of the most sarcastic, unpleasant posters on this forum and seem to be quite proud of it. If you're going to present yourself that way, for God's sake, own it. It's not as though you are fooling anyone.

In your 1. above, my statement is true, unless you can prove it false. I do use sarcasm a lot, but I don't see it as insulting. You accused me of saying something I did not say or even imply. IMO, that is more insulting than what I did say.

It is amusing to me that you don't see those who insult conservative Christians the same way you see conservative Christians. Do you ever chastise them when the insult Christians? If not you are a hypocrite.

Please read what I said carefully. I did not say you are a hypocrite. I included IF in my statement. Would you not agree that if we treat some differently for the same things, that makes us a hypocrite? So tell me, do you chastise those who insult conservative Christians? Hope I am wrong, but i doubt if I am.

I quote the Bible to avoid being accused of giving my opinion. When I quote the Bible it puts it where it belongs---to God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 06:52 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,901,927 times
Ummmm. What about those things from the bible that you can prove are true?

Old 06-24-2018, 08:54 AM

16,874 posts, read 5,056,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Talk is cheap. Where is your evidence.
My evidence are the 'prophecies' you provide, plus the earliest Christian documents said Jesus never walked the earth, and sacrificed himself once, and once only as a divine being in heaven.

Either Jesus was prophesied in the OT, OR he was invented out of the OT. And the more 'prophecies' you provide, the more fictional is your Jesus.

Quote:
IMO, you believe your theology with more faith than I need.
Then I would stop having opinions until:

1) you have looked at the evidence AGAINST Christianity, and

2) you have looked out of the window, where you do NOT see hocus pocus, sorry, miracles happening.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Evidently you don't understand circular logic.
Evidently you do not understand using the Bible to prove the Bible is circular logic.

Quote:
Nothing I said was based on logic.
At last, you have SOMETHING correct.

Quote:
I made 3 definite statements that can be proved and you can't disprove them.

You have moved the goal posts.
One, this is nothing to do with what I said. Two, how can me responding to what you wrote be moving the goal posts? Three, I earlier refuted ONE of your claims, AND pointed out how your quote indicates you are in just another cult. I left the 'kind' assertion as you saying the equivalent of a lion being a tiger is just too stupid to bother with.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:13 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,292,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Evidently you do not understand using the Bible to prove the Bible is circular logic.

At last, you have SOMETHING correct.

One, this is nothing to do with what I said. Two, how can me responding to what you wrote be moving the goal posts? Three, I earlier refuted ONE of your claims, AND pointed out how your quote indicates you are in just another cult. I left the 'kind' assertion as you saying the equivalent of a lion being a tiger is just too stupid to bother with.

You'll get more sense out of discussions with a door knob.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:18 AM

88,883 posts, read 85,381,848 times
Quote:
When one has to toot their own horn it is usually to try and convince themselves they are right. One can't have an intelligent discussion with one ignorant of the subject and thinks more highly of themselves than they ought to think.

IMO, you are close to your description of me than I am. The only difference is you are a victim of the leaven of Herod, which is secularism. Anyone bent on insulting those who they disagree with is not really intelligent or logical. They are to be pitied.

If your Christian friends are conservative Christians, they will not be embarrassed by my theology. If they have a liberal theology, which is no theology at all, they will be. 10 to 1 your friends do not accept the Bible as God's inspired word. If you insulted them they way you try to insult conservative Christians in the forum, they would not be friends with you. So put that in your secular pipe and smoke it.
Ignorant remark.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:24 AM

88,883 posts, read 85,381,848 times
Quote:
In your 1. above, my statement is true, unless you can prove it false. I do use sarcasm a lot, but I don't see it as insulting. You accused me of saying something I did not say or even imply. IMO, that is more insulting than what I did say.

It is amusing to me that you don't see those who insult conservative Christians the same way you see conservative Christians. Do you ever chastise them when the insult Christians? If not you are a hypocrite.

Please read what I said carefully. I did not say you are a hypocrite. I included IF in my statement. Would you not agree that if we treat some differently for the same things, that makes us a hypocrite? So tell me, do you chastise those who insult conservative Christians? Hope I am wrong, but i doubt if I am.

I quote the Bible to avoid being accused of giving my opinion. When I quote the Bible it puts it where it belongs---to God.
My mother is a conservative Christian. So are many of my friends. We may not agree on our theology (which of course, according to your snotty words on the last page, doesn't even exist) but we have respect for one another's views. I also respect people of other religions and none.

There is conservative and there is fundamentalist. That is a difference. You are a fundamentalist, a person who believes that there are XYZ written rules actually dictated by God with no room for discussion, and further, that those words may be freely use to exclude and harm and condemn others because then you get to claim that God said it.

No, I don't defend fundamentalist Christians except sometimes when I am thinking that perhaps they honestly don't know any better. Overall, however, fundamentalism is dark and closer to evil than that which they purport to warn others against. It is used as a threat and a weapon. It is harmful. It is wrong.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
You saying something is hocus pocus does not make it hocus pocus.
You saying something is true, a miracle or not disproven does not make it so, neither.

Quote:
You can't disprove anything the Bible says, and I just pointed out 3 things from it that can be proved and can't be disproved.
Been there, did that, now apparently I need to buy a T Shirt for some reason.

Quote:
The web cites you need are ignorant of the Bible and you are so ignorant of the Bible you can't see their errors.
The web Sites I use ARE the Bible, with the NT in their original language. I can see the many, many, many mistranslations you are ignorant of.

Quote:
There is no such things as Christian fathers and I never use Christian web cites.
Justin Martyr, Polycarp, Origen, Eusebius, none of them existed?

Quote:
I always use the Bible to expose the ignorance of the skeptics.
Challenge accepted.

ὑμεῖς ἐκ πατρὸς τοῦ διαβόλου ἐστὲ καὶ τὰς ἐπιθυμίας τοῦ πατρὸς ὑμῶν θέλετε ποιεῖν ἐκεῖνος ἀνθρωποκτόνος ἦν ἀπ' ἀρχῆς καὶ ἐν τῇ ἀληθείᾳ οὐχ ἔστηκεν ὅτι οὐκ ἔστιν ἀλήθεια ἐν αὐτῷ ὅταν λαλῇ τὸ ψεῦδος ἐκ τῶν ἰδίων λαλεῖ ὅτι ψεύστης ἐστὶν καὶ ὁ πατὴρ αὐτοῦ

You DO understand the problem here, do you not?

Quote:
No you haven't. Prove me wrong and present your evidence.
Run the gospels in their original Greek through a plagiarism detection program and see where they use common material.

Quote:
The Bible doesn't give the date of the death of Herod. Any date given including yours , is a guess.
We can calculate Herod died around 4 BC, give or take a year, from Josephus (who used eye witness accounts of Herod's biographer). Which means Jesus must have been born BEFORE then. But Luke says Jesus was born 10 years AFTER then.

Here is where you link to one of those 'cites' you never use.

Quote:
I read translations made by scholars who know the original language much better than you do and reading does not necessarily translate into understanding.
That sound you heard was 15 million Greeks laughing.

Quote:
I do know Christianity and the Bible better than you do and I will expose you ignorance if you post anything you call evidence.
No, you will just make stupid assertions and then say 'prove me wrong'. But you have a challenge above, do not forget it.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
You are so ignorant of the Bible, you don't even know that what I said about Biblical allegories is true.

Evidently you don't even understand that you don't make up facts. If something is a fact, it is true.
How would you know, you seem allergic to facts?

Inventing things, there you are a Meister.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
The 3 verses I posted are verifiable and can't be disproved.
There will be no seasons when the sun expands in 5 billion years. One fact disproven yet again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality