Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 09:37 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,485,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Atheists are so extreme that even moderates seem fundy to them. If anyone can think for his or herself, and isn't an atheist, he/she is automatically a fundy and threat to their feeble and limited brains
I'm not a member of any religion, so it's amusing to be labeled a "fundie".

Old 07-03-2018, 10:36 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,027,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
I'm not a member of any religion, so it's amusing to be labeled a "fundie".
That term is sometimes used as shorthand to denote someone who quotes the Bible and does not support ss and/or evolution.

Old 07-04-2018, 01:23 AM

11,092 posts, read 6,041,018 times
Quote:
To me, atheists should be some of the happiest people on earth. But many of them seem so miserable. I think it's because they really aren't sure they're right, and they know what awaits them if they're wrong.
Why not simply ask an atheist and find out for sure?

I was married a born again Christian and she was no happier than I was. In fact, I was the more cheerful one.

Old 07-04-2018, 03:26 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,485,638 times
I believe in God, so there's no need for me to ask an atheist about anything. They're just going to try to convince me they're right, and my position on the existence of God will not change. But if they wish to engage me in an adult conversation about scriptures, I'm open to it.

Old 07-04-2018, 03:48 AM

16,836 posts, read 5,045,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Weird how us discussing religion turns into some valiant effort on your part to save humanity from it. That really isn't supposed to be the point of this forum, but it's what happens. Remember, we're here to discuss, not prosletyze.
I do not want to save humanity from religion, as that would be impossible. I also enjoy religion in moderation.

What I want is for the fundamentalists to stop trying to impose their beliefs on others.

And I was discussing.

Old 07-04-2018, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
More likely Humanism which has a passion to make religion void , where people of atheism alone just want to be left alone and does not care about people who are religious
Many humanists are religious.

Old 07-04-2018, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, it doesn't explain it at all, KingCat. Our consciousness does NOT reside in physical matter because it exists at an energy level that cannot be contained within physical matter.
Yes, our consciousness is a process caused by that physical matter and its electro chemical firings, and it will cease to exist when that physical matter rots in the grave.

What that has to do with the subject matter, I do not know.

Old 07-04-2018, 04:11 AM

Quote:
This is a perfect example of your absurdity, so thank you for espousing it even further for all to see. More incriminating evidence!
Your lack of understanding is your (singular) problem, not mine. Incriminating indeed.

Quote:
I don't push for any view, so there you go again with your slander and lie-spreading.
Your, plural. I was talking about the religious in general, not about you. As you did in the OP. Are you so narrow minded, everything must only be about you and your (singular) religion?

And I am dishonest because you have difficulty with understanding Englisch?

Quote:
This forum used to be about increasing conversation, instead of trying to destroy it. It's time to speak out when hardcore and repeated childish attempts to hijack this forum take place. That's exactly what you guys are up to.
Honest conversation should avoid straw man arguments. And how am I hijacking this forum when I am responding to what you wrote on this forum? That is how conversations work.

Quote:
And what's this b.s. about flying into skyscrapers. You must be so hard up for insults that you now think Christians flew the planes on 9/11. Thanks for showing everyone just how warped atheists like you obviously are. Exactly what we all need to see!

More narrow minded thinking. I never said Christians flew the airliners. I was talking about religion in general, as was you in your (singular) OP. Now you move the goalposts to Christianity.

So I am warped because you are so narrow minded as to be illogical?

Now would you please respond to what I actually wrote, not your misrepresentation of it.

Old 07-04-2018, 04:15 AM

Quote:
To me, atheists should be some of the happiest people on earth. But many of them seem so miserable. I think it's because they really aren't sure they're right, and they know what awaits them if they're wrong.
Yes, the stupid 'we really believe in your version of your god' argument.

Because it never goes through your brain that we have OTHER, more plausible problems with religion, especially with fundamentalism.

Old 07-04-2018, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Atheists are so extreme that even moderates seem fundy to them. If anyone can think for his or herself, and isn't an atheist, he/she is automatically a fundy and threat to their feeble and limited brains
Tut, those straw man atheists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality