Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 11:16 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh dang. I wanted to come back as a great white shark. You might be my dinner, nate.
I am nothing if not vindictive, MQ. If I am your dinner, I swear I will come back as an orca and hunt you down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 11:21 AM

574 posts, read 377,219 times
I am pretty sure I am not hallucinating. I haven't used those drugs in about 35 years. My life on the outside is very normal except maybe extremely boring to some. My issue is severe grief. I have lost so many over the years, my wife included. If I knew she was in a good place I would not grieve for her and how much of life she is missing.

If I think she is gone into oblivion than it really sucks that her life was cut so short. My best friend and I had a pact. Whoever died first would come back and let the other know what was up. He has been gone several years now and no word or vision or lucid dream or words in my oatmeal. Nothing.

If I could believe I could dump all of this grief and be happy for her. But I can't without some proof other than because or here say. A lot of people continue to get rich farming so called believers for money.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:25 AM

88,605 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I am nothing if not vindictive, MQ. If I am your dinner, I swear I will come back as an orca and hunt you down
https://tenor.com/view/circle-of-lif...ba-gif-7970518

Old 10-23-2018, 12:03 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
I am pretty sure I am not hallucinating. I haven't used those drugs in about 35 years. My life on the outside is very normal except maybe extremely boring to some. My issue is severe grief. I have lost so many over the years, my wife included. If I knew she was in a good place I would not grieve for her and how much of life she is missing.

If I think she is gone into oblivion than it really sucks that her life was cut so short. My best friend and I had a pact. Whoever died first would come back and let the other know what was up. He has been gone several years now and no word or vision or lucid dream or words in my oatmeal. Nothing.

If I could believe I could dump all of this grief and be happy for her. But I can't without some proof other than because or here say. A lot of people continue to get rich farming so called believers for money.

Do you feel her her around you? Use your five senses as they relate to her. Same for your friend.

I think she is sharing life with you. You might want to do something fun and bring her along.

I know when my mother is around. She used to smoke a god awful cigarette and the scent would be in the air It is impossible to miss. We do not smoke. Sometimes I get a whiff of her perfume, too.

Loss is incredibly difficult.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:55 PM

574 posts, read 377,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Do you feel her her around you? Use your five senses as they relate to her. Same for your friend.

I think she is sharing life with you. You might want to do something fun and bring her along.

I know when my mother is around. She used to smoke a god awful cigarette and the scent would be in the air It is impossible to miss. We do not smoke. Sometimes I get a whiff of her perfume, too.

Loss is incredibly difficult.

I don't feel much of anything. But her presence (not really the correct word) is everywhere in this house. The decorations, the furniture, the organization of things. I built this house and we raised our family here. So all those memories are everywhere.

I do talk to her. But never an answer. And I am pretty sure taking her ashes to dinner and a movie would not be received very well by most people.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:27 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,351,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros7 View Post
believe it or not, there are many people who believe it. i like that people can freely believe without the encroachment of a dictatorship or autocratic cult of personality. personally, i wouldnt have the audacity to impose my beliefs on someone who has a different belief. religious freedom is a right that assures belief without autocratic persecution
There is absolutely no question that people should be free to believe as they choose. The real question becomes, is it better to believe in a thing because one might have a preference for a particular conclusion, or is it better to follow the trail of evidence to a final conclusion, regardless of personal preference?

Old 10-23-2018, 04:18 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
I don't feel much of anything. But her presence (not really the correct word) is everywhere in this house. The decorations, the furniture, the organization of things. I built this house and we raised our family here. So all those memories are everywhere.

I do talk to her. But never an answer. And I am pretty sure taking her ashes to dinner and a movie would not be received very well by most people.

Take her spirit with you. Do you meditate?

Old 10-23-2018, 05:44 PM

241 posts, read 95,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
There is absolutely no question that people should be free to believe as they choose. The real question becomes, is it better to believe in a thing because one might have a preference for a particular conclusion, or is it better to follow the trail of evidence to a final conclusion, regardless of personal preference?

excuse unedited cell grammar and incomplete setence structure

to clarify, i would not have the audacity to impose my conclusion on an individual who derived their own conclusion of god

i believe in jesus; however, i dont convert people or condemn the beliefs or non-beliefs of others

to me, jesus is about being tolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others---not condemning*

even though i vaguely blog about religion , i dont impose my opinions on others, for jesus is ultimately about being accepting of the difference and beliefs of others.

i dont convert. i dont belong to a denomination.*

my belief is simply this: treat your felllow human as you would want yourself to be treated

to me, my idea of church is feeding the homeless , not a place of venue with rituals

my version of church doesnt involve any rituals, ideology or place of venue. my idea of church is feeding the homeless with people of different or no beliefs

to me, jesus is about empathy sympathy and mercy---not condemnation of others

Last edited by spiros7; 10-23-2018 at 06:05 PM..

Old 10-23-2018, 07:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
excuse unedited cell grammar and incomplete setence structure

to clarify, i would not have the audacity to impose my conclusion on an individual who derived their own conclusion of god

i believe in jesus; however, i dont convert people or condemn the beliefs or non-beliefs of others

to me, jesus is about being tolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others---not condemning*

even though i vaguely blog about religion , i dont impose my opinions on others, for jesus is ultimately about being accepting of the difference and beliefs of others.

i dont convert. i dont belong to a denomination.*

my belief is simply this: treat your felllow human as you would want yourself to be treated

to me, my idea of church is feeding the homeless , not a place of venue with rituals

my version of church doesnt involve any rituals, ideology or place of venue. my idea of church is feeding the homeless with people of different or no beliefs

to me, jesus is about empathy sympathy and mercy---not condemnation of others

Christians who think Jesus's teachings are more important than those of his (purported) old man represent the best side of Christianity.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:39 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
believe it or not, there are many people who believe it. i like that people can freely believe without the encroachment of a dictatorship or autocratic cult of personality. personally, i wouldnt have the audacity to impose my beliefs on someone who has a different belief. religious freedom is a right that assures belief without autocratic persecution
Still waiting for you to answer the questions you have ignored in other threads you have started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality