Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 08:27 PM

88,749 posts, read 85,121,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Time is your friend, here. Grief ebbs and flows over time. Meditation is not concentration on nothing. Try it again and make time every day, about twenty minutes. It really helps.

Your wife is with you. She sees you.
I am with Ronkon on this

Old 10-25-2018, 09:00 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I am with Ronkon on this
She sees you when you're sleeping, she knows when your awake, she knows when you've been good or bad...

So for goodness sake! Why do you people think this is good for a grown man!?

"She's alive, She's alive! But she can't touch you or concretely be with you." Wouldn't that mean that her ghost is either in the deep depression of such harsh 'facts' or being kept in a blissful/ignorant delusion to the extent of the harsh and live-torture separation which this suggests?

Do you people understand the true and concrete implications of such short-sighted beliefs? Would you choose such a punishment even for a criminal? "You will see and hear your loved one, but they will not see you, and neither of you will be able to touch each other, but as an immaterial spirit you'll be happy about this because at least they'll know (from other living people telling them such) that you are watching them pee or waiting patiently 8 hours for them to wake up."

You can add any and many further details to sweeten the idea up, but candy-coating can be done to any tumultuous and tragic thing. How about instead of candy-coating with short-sighted wants, we outline the silver-lining and better-goal facts?

Trying to assume that everything is the same in some way, might not always be the best idea. Why would this man ever look for another partner if his old one is still alive watching him or worse faithfully waiting for him? Ignorance, I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
She sees you when you're sleeping, she knows when your awake, she knows when you've been good or bad...

"She's alive, She's alive! But she can't touch you or concretely be with you." Wouldn't that mean that her ghost is either in the deep depression of such harsh 'facts' or being kept in a blissful/ignorant delusion to the extent of the harsh and live-torture separation which this suggests?

Do you people understand the true and concrete implications of such short-sighted beliefs? Would you choose such a punishment even for a criminal? "You will see and hear your loved one, but they will not see you, and neither of you will be able to touch each other, but as an immaterial spirit you'll be happy about this because at least they'll know (from other living people telling them such) that you are watching them pee or waiting patiently 8 hours for them to wake up."

You can add any and many further details to sweeten the idea up, but candy-coating can be done to any tumultuous and tragic thing. How about instead of candy-coating with short-sighted wants, we outline the silver-lining and better-goal facts?

Trying to assume that everything is the same in some way, might not always be the best idea. Why would this man ever look for another partner if his old one is still alive watching him or worse faithfully waiting for him? Ignorance, I suppose.
Geez, your head is in a totally different place than mine, and I suspect Ronkonkoma's, was, but I have to say you are quite an entertaining and imaginative writer. That was pretty good stuff, and quite understandable from a practical POV.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:03 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,628,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post

You people? hahahahahhaha

As for the remainder of your..... outburst? Not how any of it works. It is not how grief works either. Her spirit is with him. You are free to believe it, or not.

By the way, I am absolutely sure many couples have seen each other pee, and never thought twice about it. I certainly don't.

Old 10-26-2018, 07:37 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,256,030 times
If my husband as been watching me I think he is gonna be pissed!

Old 10-26-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You people? hahahahahhaha

As for the remainder of your..... outburst? Not how any of it works. It is not how grief works either. Her spirit is with him. You are free to believe it, or not.

By the way, I am absolutely sure many couples have seen each other pee, and never thought twice about it. I certainly don't.
I'm reminded of the SNL skit that parodied the movie Ghost. Patrick Swayze was the guest host, and he played the ghost watching his wife in their apartment as she dug lint out of her belly button and did other gross things thinking no one was watching. Then the doorbell rings and it's Chris Rock dressed like the character played by Whoopi Goldberg, and he says, "Tell her I'm dead" and runs out the door.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:24 PM

19,116 posts, read 27,717,434 times
"spirits" of the passed away have no ability to contact living humans. This is impossible due to where they are. Even if you see one do it, it is not the very soul of the very person that passed away, but impersonator. Same way, there is no way for a live human to reach that soul. A pretender can be reached, but not the genuine one. This is, again, due to where such entities exist, as they dwell on the borderline between the Realm of Permanence and the plane, humans exist on.

Even if you pass away, and are on the same plane, previously passed away soul is, you will never be able to contact that particular soul. What Dreams May Come is unfortunately, bogus. You should rather read The Path by Mattheson (writer of What Dreams May Come) as it is a much better guide on death and after the death states. Small book, not much effort, much knowledge condensed.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:47 PM

51,007 posts, read 24,507,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
"spirits" of the passed away have no ability to contact living humans. This is impossible due to where they are. Even if you see one do it, it is not the very soul of the very person that passed away, but impersonator. Same way, there is no way for a live human to reach that soul. A pretender can be reached, but not the genuine one. This is, again, due to where such entities exist, as they dwell on the borderline between the Realm of Permanence and the plane, humans exist on.

Even if you pass away, and are on the same plane, previously passed away soul is, you will never be able to contact that particular soul. What Dreams May Come is unfortunately, bogus. You should rather read The Path by Mattheson (writer of What Dreams May Come) as it is a much better guide on death and after the death states. Small book, not much effort, much knowledge condensed.
Paragraph 1: Probably, but you don't know that. It's just your opinion.

Paragraph 2: "What Dreams May Come" is a novel. Could be true. Probably isn't.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:25 PM

574 posts, read 378,770 times
If she is watching me than she is likely trying to bend the rules and "fix" things for me if she can. She was like that. For now I am not convinced. Like I said, I really want to believe. But words ain't going to do it.

I went to the pound today and adopted two small but adult cats. Been all night trying to get them relaxed and calm. They were both love bugs at the pound but scared and having hissy fits when I got them home. Both are hiding but I have been able to coax them out and get them to purr a bit. Soon enough they will forget what they are hiding from. Maybe this will take my mind off of things a little bit.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:38 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,447,890 times
"spirits" of the passed away have no ability to contact living humans.

Lol! THAT! Obviously came from someone that never had their mom, dad or favorite uncle visit them.
They easily can come here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality