Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 12:01 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

The bible explaining what you are should be all the proof you need of God. From the garden, it has always explained what you are, and each generation born was about you.

The Temple was designed as if somebody did an autopsy to symbolically design a temple from what they found.

Millions of people will tell you that they are the temple, and this gets very specific in temple design showing human anatomy, and then you have 40 people over a 1500 year period speaking of human anatomy and exactly how a temple was to give birth to a son of God, and they didn't even realize or know that they were speaking of human anatomy, and that of a temple given birth to a full grown mature son.

Every parable is about you and what you are in the makeup of human and spiritual anatomy, the Northern kingdom, and the southern.

You soul is Jerusalem that sits between those two kingdoms, the blood between the water and the spirit.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:19 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Save it, mate. I don't even buy the Bible at face value, never mind "Metaphorically True" and certainly not your rather far- fetched analogies. I hate to seem dismissive and not willing to give you a fair whack, but I just see nothing to get hold of. And I'll have to leave it to others to respond if they want to. "I can't invest in this, and i'm Out".

Old 11-09-2018, 09:02 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
"I do begin to perceive that I am made an ass.” (Falstaff, The Merry Wives of Windsor) You've been putting me on, right?
No, Trans, it's all pure Hannibal. Gotta love him!

Old 11-09-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, Trans, it's all pure Hannibal. Gotta love him!
Yes. It's like Littlewitness and his Flat Earthism. Some think he is having us on. He MEANS it. Some thought that Eusebius was an atheist in disguise. He Believed it.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:31 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times
Oh well. Most don't like it but the reality is that "Faith" from the Hebrew perspective is an "Action" word.....yeah a verb. Just as Messiah stated "IF you love me KEEP my commandments". 2nd John speaks nicely describing one who IS HIS and who is NOT. Clear as a bell. Either you DO believe in the Elohim of Avraham, Itzchak and Ya'acov or you don't. There is NO in between. The REAL Messiah that walked on this earth for a time was infused with the spirit of Elohim and was NOT a man as we know men. HIS DNA was NOT our's to be sure. As HE said "I am from above you are from below". It seems to be human nature to argue and debate adnauseum. You were given a choice by the creator. HE said you must choose between Life and Death, Blessings and Curses. Choose LIFE.... L'Chaim. In the end indeed we WILL know the truth. But whether or not you'll be on the receiving side of the blessing indeed remains to be seen now doesn't it

Old 11-09-2018, 06:33 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Just an observation of a fact that has been well known for thousands of years:

The only laws that Man can break are the laws that Man can make.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:31 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
No, decisive, I live blessings every day

Old 11-10-2018, 04:42 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Save it, mate. I don't even buy the Bible at face value, never mind "Metaphorically True" and certainly not your rather far- fetched analogies. I hate to seem dismissive and not willing to give you a fair whack, but I just see nothing to get hold of. And I'll have to leave it to others to respond if they want to. "I can't invest in this, and i'm Out".
I feel you man, but I was just responding to your debate in issues of foundations of Christianity. Just saying, if you quote Galatians or Romans or Revelation or any of the parables, they are all teaching of what you are in body, soul and spirit, it isn't as black and white as an Atheist would understand, and most Christians don't understand even when this is explained in Galatians and throughout the bible. That story of the prodigal son is just telling us the literal history of the two kingdoms, but it has a deeper meaning where the son who stays home is the son of the spirit, the seed of Isaac, and the prodigal is the flesh.....The seed of Ishmael as it is taught in Galatians.

The idea is not something I made up, it is taught throughout the New Testament......One cannot even speak about being born again without understanding this and yet the term is used so loosely.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:44 PM

I get you mate. But I do not buy your line on it and I don't feel that it can help us understand any part of the NT. Paul and Josephus are the keys to understanding the Gospels and Acts, and Daniel and perhaps Qumran are the keys to understanding Revelation.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:27 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I feel you man, but I was just responding to your debate in issues of foundations of Christianity. Just saying, if you quote Galatians or Romans or Revelation or any of the parables, they are all teaching of what you are in body, soul and spirit, it isn't as black and white as an Atheist would understand, and most Christians don't understand even when this is explained in Galatians and throughout the bible. That story of the prodigal son is just telling us the literal history of the two kingdoms, but it has a deeper meaning where the son who stays home is the son of the spirit, the seed of Isaac, and the prodigal is the flesh.....The seed of Ishmael as it is taught in Galatians.

The idea is not something I made up, it is taught throughout the New Testament......One cannot even speak about being born again without understanding this and yet the term is used so loosely.
The one who stayed home is perhaps Judah and the one who left is perhaps Israel...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality