Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 11:05 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,424,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
What people do not want to understand is that there is a real live soul within them, a person who has lived and died.

This is what the New Testament teaches. Jesus overcoming the strong man of the house.

Is Jesus a man who lived?

Is Jesus an individual soul?

Is it so insane that if we say the spirit of another man like Jesus is inside us?

That is what we claim, and we claim Jesus as the New Adam, beware the old. If Jesus being a New Adam means that it is a spirit inside the body, then the old Adam is also a real individual, the people of Adam. Jesus didn't come to indwell everyone, the helper is sent in his name. Think about that, because this is the reason for studying, know that you will be a spirit whether for the good or the bad.

Jesus comes to be a New Adam to replace the one that is within you. A helper is sent in his name as a person who had also lived and died and this is a king of the East.

Let the reader understand when he actually sees the abomination standing within the Temple, HE IS THE TEMPLE.

Go forth to death, and if you don't know acknowledge that you have to overcome, how will you overcome? Go forth and die.

Elijah must be taken out of the way, Elisha's head is taken, just as the head of John had to be taken, just as all those souls under the throne beheaded for Christ, Behold, they obtained a new head because they cut their heads off.

LOL, I love that word,'' Behold.''

I think there may be some kind of symbolic truths in what you said. However, there doesn't seem to be any logic in it. There is absolutely nothing rational in these sorts of statements.

To me, it comes across as insanity. However, I believe there are grains of truth in what insane people say. Not calling you personally crazy. That is just how I experience that kind of language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 11:46 PM

11,027 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I believe in Jung's concept of the shadow. It could be all wrong, it is not the kind of thing you can prove, but it makes sense to me.

According to Jung, EVERYONE has a shadow. It is any part of our minds that we try to deny and ignore. The more you deny and ignore the shadow, the more powerful it becomes.

So if you perceive yourself as a basically loving and kind person, watch out! If you say you don't envy or compete with anyone, and you have no sense of pride, you could be deep in denial.

Do you find that although all your intentions are basically good, and everything you do is primarily to help others, yet people around you seem to have a lot of troubles?

Do you find that even though all your motives are loving, people around you seem to not be very appreciative of that fact?

Do you ever feel judgmental of others, because they do not seem to be up to your moral standards?

Well, just maybe you and your shadow are not at peace with each other. Why should you be at peace with something as dark and villainous as the shadow? Because if you refuse to see it, refuse to acknowledge and accept its power, it wins. In horrifically devious ways.

All the above is Jung's theory, which as I said makes sense to me. It might make no sense at all to you. But if it seems all wrong to you, that could mean you are in denial. Or not.

(This could also go under psychology. However, Jung was a spiritual psychologist so I think it can also go here.)

Oh and this subject was also written about by the psychiatrist M. Scott Peck, in People of the Lie, which is about demonic possession.
Jung could have a point. I think you are right, this could also be a spiritual thing, depending on one's concept of 'spiritual'. I would be interested to hear your concept of spiritual. To me spiritual has nothing to do with afterlife, gods or spirit beings or ghosts and whatever.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:11 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I think there may be some kind of symbolic truths in what you said. However, there doesn't seem to be any logic in it. There is absolutely nothing rational in these sorts of statements.

To me, it comes across as insanity. However, I believe there are grains of truth in what insane people say. Not calling you personally crazy. That is just how I experience that kind of language.
Letls pretend that there is a God who made this universe so vast that there are trillions upon trillions of planets with humans. It would be insane to think that we are the only ones. If there is a God, all he does is multiply himself. A planet evolves and from animals comes humans. This is what the bible teaches from cover in that it teaches us that we have to overcome the mind of a beast.

I say that we are the final outcome of animals where we actually grow a spirit of hope and love, and that man will evolve into an immortal being.

It doesn't sound that crazy given how little we are, we just invented tv. What will humans be able to do if we are allowed to progress for another 10,000 years?

We already do things as God, my question to you is this,'' Do you want the red pill or the blue pill?''

The Matrix has you, WAKE UP. I mean, whose realy to say that you aren't an avatar from an already advanced technology?

LOL, you have already been down that road.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:58 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts and minds of men? -- The Shadow Knows."
Yup, that’s what my grandfather would say...

Old 11-07-2018, 03:43 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
... but the Vorlons kicked their donkey.

Old 11-07-2018, 03:45 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
So how are you tying it in? Religious aspect of right and wrong? Demonic possession?

Old 11-07-2018, 10:41 AM

8,226 posts, read 3,424,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Jung could have a point. I think you are right, this could also be a spiritual thing, depending on one's concept of 'spiritual'. I would be interested to hear your concept of spiritual. To me spiritual has nothing to do with afterlife, gods or spirit beings or ghosts and whatever.
To me, spiritual has everything to do with spirit. Spirit is the information, energy, substance, etc., on higher dimensional levels that our physical senses can't perceive.

Today, in our secular humanist era, spirituality is often identified with being a "good" person, loving your "neighbor," etc. Yes, something can be said for trying to be in harmony with your social environment. But that is worldly thinking, and spirituality is not worldly. It does not focus on the world of our physical senses.

Old 11-07-2018, 03:23 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
In heaven , there is no darkness and no shadow , as God is everywhere there

Old 11-07-2018, 05:40 PM

11,027 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In heaven , there is no darkness and no shadow , as God is everywhere there
But how do you know this?

Old 11-08-2018, 04:37 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,053,876 times
Everything and everyone has a shadow. Nothing and no one is all-good or all-bad. Nothing and no one deserves Heaven or Hell for eternity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splitting_(psychology)

Splitting (also called black-and-white thinking or all-or-nothing thinking) is the failure in a person's thinking to bring together the dichotomy of both positive and negative qualities of the self and others into a cohesive, realistic whole. It is a common defense mechanism used by many people.[1] The individual tends to think in extremes (i.e., an individual's actions and motivations are all good or all bad with no middle ground).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality