Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 10:05 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,078,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
John was the one he slept with. Galilee was an Alexandrian colony. Greek sexual practices would have been common.
Greek sexual practices were varied, Greek constrictionists also exist who oppressed homosexuals at various times. Many Greek/Roman epic-poets and some intellectuals had to write explanations of why not to oppress and kill homosexuals and hermaphrodites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 03:09 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,083,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, they were first apostles, then they were turned into fictional disciples.
No, that’s incorrect...

Old 11-13-2018, 04:15 AM

16,813 posts, read 5,018,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, that’s incorrect...
Not according to the Bible. The earliest texts all state they were apostles. Apart from a few possible references, nowhere do the early texts mention Jesus as an earthly teacher, only as an angel or a divine being. Revelations, Hebrews, Galatians.

Nowhere are they called disciples until the later, fictional gospels.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:22 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,083,816 times
Quote:
Not according to the Bible. The earliest texts all state they were apostles. Apart from a few possible references, nowhere do the early texts mention Jesus as an earthly teacher, only as an angel or a divine being. Revelations, Hebrews, Galatians.

That’s what I was speaking of...Before Acts they were called disciples...

Old 11-13-2018, 08:14 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,204,503 times
Quote:
It attacks the churches in what is now Turkey that were first set up by Paul.
I wouldn't disagree. I think you can label it as an attack on those churches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'll keep those metaphors in mind while trying to work it out. I think it is pretty clear that the beasts and horns represent empires and rulers.
I'm inclined to believe horns represent divisions, but those divisions need not be geographical or political. For example, in the case of the two-horned beast, those two horns most likely represent a division between the religious and the secular, which is neither geographical or political. However, the 10-horned beast is most likely geographical/political divisions.

I have to question if people really understand what they're reading.

Revelation 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must happen at once (Greek =Τάχος = tachos).

Revelation 22:6 Then the angel said to me, “These words are reliable and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must happen soon.” (Greek = Τάχος = tachos).

The Greek word Τάχος (tachos) means "quickly, without delay, soon, at once." Twenty centuries, two millennia or 2,000 years, however you want to call it is not "quickly, without delay, soon, at once."

Revelation 22:10 Then he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy contained in this book, because the time is near.

This is further proof that many of the bible-thumpers and those of the "Rapture Tribulation Fantasy" crowd don't actually read the texts or if they do, they don't understand what they are reading.

“Do not seal up the words of the prophecy…”

Unsealed prophecies happen now, soon, quickly, immediately, at once, without delay, within days, weeks or months.

Prophecies that are "sealed" are intended to happen in the far distant future, meaning they do not begin to unfold for centuries.

That is not my opinion or interpretation; rather that is what the texts actually say.

Daniel 8:26 The vision of the evenings and mornings that was told to you is correct. But you should seal up the vision, for it refers to a time many days from now.”

Daniel 12:4 “But you, Daniel, close up these words and seal the book until the time of the end.”

Daniel 12:8 (b) So I said, “Sir, what will happen after these things?” 12:9 He said, “Go, Daniel. For these matters are closed and sealed until the time of the end.

Isaiah 29:11 To you this entire prophetic revelation is like words in a sealed scroll. When they hand it to one who can read and say, “Read this,” he responds, “I can’t, because it is sealed.”

These events were "sealed" because they weren't intended to happen until centuries later.

The prophetic events of Revelation are unsealed, and they should have began immediately, without delay.

So, you can see how it failed.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:12 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,078,390 times
Quote:

Maybe he means earlier canonically (as plot chapters in a book), while you mean chronologically (from what historians can deduce from the given styles, subjects/topics covered, remnant ancient documents discovered and dated, etc.)

Old 11-14-2018, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That’s what I was speaking of...Before Acts they were called disciples...
And before Mark, the first use of disciples in the first fictional story of Jesus?

Old 11-14-2018, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Maybe he means earlier canonically (as plot chapters in a book), while you mean chronologically (from what historians can deduce from the given styles, subjects/topics covered, remnant ancient documents discovered and dated, etc.)
It looks that way.

Old 11-14-2018, 07:04 AM

50,089 posts, read 20,789,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

I'm inclined to believe horns represent divisions, but those divisions need not be geographical or political. For example, in the case of the two-horned beast, those two horns most likely represent a division between the religious and the secular, which is neither geographical or political. However, the 10-horned beast is most likely geographical/political divisions.

Revelation 1:1 The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must happen at once (Greek =Τάχος = tachos).

Revelation 22:6 Then the angel said to me, “These words are reliable and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must happen soon.” (Greek = Τάχος = tachos).

The Greek word Τάχος (tachos) means "quickly, without delay, soon, at once." Twenty centuries, two millennia or 2,000 years, however you want to call it is not "quickly, without delay, soon, at once."

Revelation 22:10 Then he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy contained in this book, because the time is near.

This is further proof that many of the bible-thumpers and those of the "Rapture Tribulation Fantasy" crowd don't actually read the texts or if they do, they don't understand what they are reading.

Unsealed prophecies happen now, soon, quickly, immediately, at once, without delay, within days, weeks or months.

Prophecies that are "sealed" are intended to happen in the far distant future, meaning they do not begin to unfold for centuries.

That is not my opinion or interpretation; rather that is what the texts actually say.

Daniel 8:26 The vision of the evenings and mornings that was told to you is correct. But you should seal up the vision, for it refers to a time many days from now.”

Daniel 12:4 “But you, Daniel, close up these words and seal the book until the time of the end.”

Daniel 12:8 (b) So I said, “Sir, what will happen after these things?” 12:9 He said, “Go, Daniel. For these matters are closed and sealed until the time of the end.

Isaiah 29:11 To you this entire prophetic revelation is like words in a sealed scroll. When they hand it to one who can read and say, “Read this,” he responds, “I can’t, because it is sealed.”

These events were "sealed" because they weren't intended to happen until centuries later.

The prophetic events of Revelation are unsealed, and they should have began immediately, without delay.

Yes. It's the impression I get in Paul and the gospels. other than perhaps Luke where it seems to dawn on him that this stuff ought to have happened by now and he even suggests that it has, but nobody noticed.

And it does look as though Revelation is intended to happen at least before Constantine. No, I'm not putting any trust in the writer of Revelation; no more than those who detect prophecy coming true Right Now and have been since 1,000 AD. And we are still here.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:38 PM

23,226 posts, read 10,508,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

Jesus took those 7 lenin seals off in the tomb where they lay, a dead man dies and you go out and purchase a large lenin wrap and divide in 7 pieces to begin wrapping a cocoon that transforms a human into a new born creature.

That creature is supposed to be you right now, and where the seals wrap the body, the trumpets are heard in the soul while the bowls are poured out as spirit against the evil kingdom which has ahold of you.

You are watching on Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and Sukkot, the wine harvest where the sickel comes out...

The first seal comes off and you hear the first trumpet and the first bowl is poured.....

It's easy to convince yourself of this because the same Earthquake happens in the seals, in the trumpets and in the bowls, and the moment those 7000 are killed, is the moment a Gentile is no longer a Gentile under Ephraim and his ten kings from 10 nations where he was spread. Those 7000 are the elect of Ephraim reserved as Paul was of Ephraim and became a Jew.

EVERYTHING written within the book MUST SHORTLY COME TO PASS.

You have to die now, you have to go all the way to a symbolic death of a Gentile to become Israel.

Revelation is showing the death of a Gentile with his fallen spirit, and because he goes all the way to death in this first life, the second death has no hold over him, he is giving birth as it is showing in Revelation 12 where the dragon goes after all those who are to give birth, and these are those who have the testimony of Jesus and who keep the commandments of God, they are giving birth to firstfruits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality