Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 04:09 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,970,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
.................And it does look as though Revelation is intended to happen at least before Constantine.
No, I'm not putting any trust in the writer of Revelation
....."
I wonder how Revelation 1:10 (our time frame ) could happen 'before' Constantine.- Daniel 12:9,4.
What happened after the 1st-century ended was the start of Christendom ( apostate Christianity ) - Acts 20:29-30
Remember how Jesus said the genuine ' wheat ' Christians would grow together with the fake 'weed/tares' Christians ( aka Christendom ) until the Harvest Time. Up to this point there has Not yet been the Harvest Time, nor the soon coming ' Time of Separation ' as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.

Just because we don't see the fulfillment of Revelation 22:2 does Not mean it will Not happen or not to put trust in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 04:10 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Truth be told, you'd have been one of the people in the mob yelling to "Crucify him!" Or maybe one of the Israelites in the desert crying out for meat when they had manna given to them.

It's ok though, I would have, as well, without the Spirit of God calling me to him.
I have never been the kind to want to put blame on someone undeserving, just to appease God. I tend to think Christians are like that, however, since that idea of the "scapegoat" makes sense to them. It's never made sense to me though.

Old 11-16-2018, 07:37 PM

23,166 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I wonder how Revelation 1:10 (our time frame ) could happen 'before' Constantine.- Daniel 12:9,4.
What happened after the 1st-century ended was the start of Christendom ( apostate Christianity ) - Acts 20:29-30
Remember how Jesus said the genuine ' wheat ' Christians would grow together with the fake 'weed/tares' Christians ( aka Christendom ) until the Harvest Time. Up to this point there has Not yet been the Harvest Time, nor the soon coming ' Time of Separation ' as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.

Just because we don't see the fulfillment of Revelation 22:2 does Not mean it will Not happen or not to put trust in it.
Everything in Revaltion must shortly come to pass for the reader, this is the first and last thing said.

You mentioned the wheat havest, Pentecost.

The wheat and tare are the same person. The goat and the sheep reside in the same person, and this is why so much is written of the great day of division and you will be there in the valley as everyone who has ever lived.

Messiah will put his feet upon your head and you will cleave in two, O mountain.

The whole world will be in that valley of escape when the mountain is cut in two.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:35 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:

Revelation 1:10 "was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,"
I think someone is seeing things that are not there.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:54 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The book of Revelation was written by a man named John who was an exiled prisoner. He had nothing to do but write down his visions. But there was a lot of anger mixed with love.

What would you think about a modern day prisoner who was doing the same thing? When people are in isolation they can have all kinds of wild and crazy thoughts. Anger. Love. Resentment. Forgiveness. Etc. But would you really trust this person who was a criminal? Regardless of whether the person was exiled for a true crime or whatever. The thoughts of extreme judgement that a person could have is kind of troubling.

Does anyone else understand my point of view?

The world has been watching revelation pass before their eyes, yet few see. Rev 6=1914 and on--we are well beyond that point.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:00 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The world has been watching revelation pass before their eyes, yet few see. Rev 6=1914 and on--we are well beyond that point.
JWs are the Chicken Littles of the world. Their sky is always about to fall.

Poor, sad, drab, gray people.

Old 11-20-2018, 02:31 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I have a multitude of dead bodies, too, except I used my M-16, artillery and air strikes to do it.
Yeah. Heavy weaponry works better than boring a person to death individual by individual, is my experience.

Quote:

This is a personal view, but Daniel ended with the Maccabean revolt and hopes for a messianic Utopia after that. Which the Maccabeans were not.

Then the Romans occupied Judea and the Messianic thing fired up to the Jewish war and it does seem likely that Revelation is about that. So that didn't happen either.
So, like Daniel, it seems unconvincing to me that near 2000 years later people are still trying to match up Revelation with 2000 years of history or even just the last 6- 70 years. I think they are fooling themselves.

And finally, I do not credit the Gospels as reporting the sayings of Jesus and even less Acts as being a reliable record. So you will get nowhere quoting them to me, at least.

Old 11-20-2018, 02:57 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
I agree. But while it does read as the ravings of a defrocked clergyman out of his mind on Nitrous Oxide, I think it serves a polemic purpose - like Daniel.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:34 PM

23,166 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:

You are the wheat and the tare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality