Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 07:13 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Yes. It's the impression I get in Paul and the gospels. other than perhaps Luke where it seems to dawn on him that this stuff ought to have happened by now and he even suggests that it has, but nobody noticed.

And it does look as though Revelation is intended to happen at least before Constantine. No, I'm not putting any trust in the writer of Revelation; no more than those who detect prophecy coming true Right Now and have been since 1,000 AD. And we are still here.

I wouldn't disagree. People had a very limited concept of Future. For them, Future was a couple of generations and they really weren't capable of thinking in terms of centuries or millennium as the Future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 08:45 PM

23,166 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I wouldn't disagree. People had a very limited concept of Future. For them, Future was a couple of generations and they really weren't capable of thinking in terms of centuries or millennium as the Future.
It is that Revelation was written to every generation, and everyone who is a reader must fulfill every prophesy in the book of Revelation. The first sentence tells us this, and it is speaking of the death of a Gentile, and the birth of a new born creature as those 7 linen seals wrap a dead man as a cocoon to be born as a completely new creature.

Therefore, go all the way to death while death maybe found, and then you shall not seek death when it cannot be found.

Go forth all the way to death while you live, and you shall have no fear of the second death when your body actually does.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:49 PM

Zombies, they come from the concept of Revelation that people shall seek death and not find it, and then they shall call upon the mountains to hide them from the face of he who sits upon the throne.

It isn't that your body cannot die, we have to die daily, we have to go forth to death while we live, and the scripture is insinuating a person who didn't want to die to the mind of the flesh.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:10 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
So now it's a giant metaphor? How tangentially miseducating.

Old 11-15-2018, 12:48 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
So now it's a giant metaphor? How tangentially miseducating.
Hanny sees the whole Bible as a One Big Metaphor, or analogy. I don't. I see the Agenda as very understandable and human.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:19 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Hanny sees the whole Bible as a One Big Metaphor, or analogy. I don't. I see the Agenda as very understandable and human.
Yes, very obviously human and fallible.
Imagine if our school systems taught merely/mostly through metaphor. How insane would that be?

Old 11-15-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Revelation is not a madman speaking, it is a man speaking in metaphor, there is no big dragon with ten horns and 100 pound hailstones are not going to crush people, the word of God bears truth like a soft rain, but if hailstones fall, it is a crushing truth, it just means you have realized a great truth.

Anyone who doesn't know the comings and goings of the temple with their traditions and rituals are not going to be able to understand any of Revelation when very much of it should be obvious because there are a thousand references to the old testament and 100 of these references can only be known through tradition in knowing what happens in the temple.

A good example of this is the burning of the incence where it is showing 30 min of silence in the temple. This silence isn't found in the bible at all, but it was known to anyone who was actually in the temlple when that incense was offered. The incense is lit and they draw back in silence for 30 min while the incense burns. Silence is observed because the incense is the prayers of the saints, the incense is speaking as a mediator between man and God and Jesus speaks of this alter as the alter himself saying,'' No man can come to the father but through me,'' He is that alter.

Revelation begins on Tishri 1 and details the fall holy days from Rosh Hashanah to Shemini Atzeret, but we have Gentiles reading Revelation who are completely ignorant of all the Jewish Holy days, traditions and riturals along with the appointed prayers spoken on exact days in the Torah cycle.

For instance, if it says,'' the kingdoms of the world have become the kingdoms of God,'' we know the exact date because this scripture is spoken every year in an exact date, on an exact Holy day, and Revelation is filled with these references that only a Messianic Jew would have known then......

Revelation speaks of the merchant sailors in a boat upon the sea......

E V E R Y O N E SHOULD KNOW THE NAMES OF THOSE MERCHANT SAILORS.

The Christian doesn't know but the Muslim does.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:51 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
I'm willing to entertain the hypothesis that Revelation is symbolic retrospective history like Daniel. I would like to bet that matching it to history up to the end of the Jewish war would fit quite nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Yes, very obviously human and fallible.
Imagine if our school systems taught merely/mostly through metaphor. How insane would that be?
Imagine if our school system taught through religious myth instead of the findings of science.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:59 PM

While I have you here, I am always thankful for you being here and I would like to apologize if I came off condescending, or haughty or arrogant elsewhere although that is what makes up 99 percent of what I am, if you burned me down to ashes, the ashes would spell out those words. The sad thing is is that i never realize it when I am saying it lol, sucks for me.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:46 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
While I have you here, I am always thankful for you being here and I would like to apologize if I came off condescending, or haughty or arrogant elsewhere although that is what makes up 99 percent of what I am, if you burned me down to ashes, the ashes would spell out those words. The sad thing is is that i never realize it when I am saying it lol, sucks for me.
fundy/milli mental thinking is part of our everyday life. Like hemorrhoids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality