Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 03:40 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times

Advertisements

Well, when I look in the mirror I realize He must be totes hot.

I mean He looks GOOD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 05:49 AM

16,769 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This is a fascinating subject inspired by some posts lately.
I know a little-teeny bit of what it might mean...tho, I think it is quite vast on many levels, in other words.

Obviously, this is meant for those that might find some actual meaning, insight or clue in these words.
If you think it is nonsense...well, why bother posting that?
That's fine, whatever you believe, but, it doesn't enhance the conversation, that's all.

(If you want to bring up, 'in our image, go for it.)
That the god of the bible is a projection of us onto the universe. That we invented the biblical god in our image. Which is why the god of the Bible is so like the people of over 2,000 years ago.

It is not until later theological ideas developed that the god of the Bible became an all knowing, loving mystery (despite artists still painting it as a wise old man).

Old 12-01-2018, 07:09 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,857,522 times
We are all connected to the divine creator of the universe. We are connected to each other and to all living things in a brotherhood which goes beyond mere species. I think it's a beautiful statement.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:38 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Back that many years ago, Adam and Eve time, what did a human being look like?
I believe they looked like us, more or less. But then, I'm talking about the biblical Adam and Eve, the individuals who were said to be created "in God's image." I'm not talking about pre-Adamic men, who were of various different species.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:40 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,857,522 times
It also means that God loves us. We have no reason to fear God if he loves us that much.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:23 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,184,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe they looked like us, more or less. But then, I'm talking about the biblical Adam and Eve, the individuals who were said to be created "in God's image." I'm not talking about pre-Adamic men, who were of various different species.
How can there be pre-Adamic men when supposedy Adam was the first man?

Old 12-01-2018, 11:38 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Quote:
Back that many years ago, Adam and Eve time, what did a human being look like?
We will never know that, but I think its safe to say, they probably didnt look anything like we do today.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:40 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This is a fascinating subject inspired by some posts lately.
I know a little-teeny bit of what it might mean...tho, I think it is quite vast on many levels, in other words.

Obviously, this is meant for those that might find some actual meaning, insight or clue in these words.
If you think it is nonsense...well, why bother posting that?
That's fine, whatever you believe, but, it doesn't enhance the conversation, that's all.

(If you want to bring up, 'in our image, go for it.)
the image is the periodic table.

the problem is people think the image is a still picture, it isn't. the image is a set of actions.

to test, what image offers an explanation, mechanism, and makes predictions? those that have them are more valid then those that don't.

of course that is unless one chooses to make all images have to conform to no-god pictures, then they are the right ones of course.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:56 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,009,260 times
Quote:
How can there be pre-Adamic men when supposedy Adam was the first man?
It can get quite interesting, especially if you're not tethered certain versions. The pre-Adamic men could have been the Neanderthal or the creation before the 'chromosome II splice' or...

Old 12-01-2018, 12:37 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Does this mean anything to you? I mean, as far as 'image'?

Here we are with a brain that has 1 thought, and that 1 thought forms a 'tree'...and that 'tree' is made up of neurons (cells).
And you have around 100 trillion of these 'trees' in your brain.. and each 'tree' is capable of growing 70,000 branches each....able to store 3 million years of memory.(information)

Does 'image' have another or expanded meaning to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality