Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 06:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
The better translation is "loins" not "waters" or seminal fluids. The "house of Jacob" is the whole house of Israel. The house of Judah, the Jews, are part of the whole house of Jacob. Apparently, Judah, the Jews, are in the dog house, and have rebelled from birth (Isaiah 48:8), and will be dealt with the "furnace of affliction" (Isaiah 48:10).
Nope, the Hebrew word means waters, not semen or loins...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
What?

H3478 (Strong)

יִשְׂרָאֵל

yiśrâ'êl

yis-raw-ale'

From H8280 and H410; he will rule as God; Jisrael, a symbolical name of Jacob; also (typically) of his posterity: - Israel.
No, Israel means “one who fought or struggled with G-d”...

Old 12-24-2018, 07:05 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,167,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Isa 48:1 Hear this, O house of Jacob, who are called by the name of Israel, and have come out from the waters of Judah, who swear by Jehovah's name and profess by the God of Israel, not in truth or in righteousness.
Israel came from the Lord meeting Abram in Gen 12----the Abrahamic covenant still in effect today......

Now the LORD said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. 2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. 3 oI will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and pin you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

Israel will be a much larger country when Jesus rules from Jerusalem in the future......

Old 12-24-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Israel came from the Lord meeting Abram in Gen 12----the Abrahamic covenant still in effect today......

Now the LORD said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. 2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. 3 oI will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and pin you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”

Israel will be a much larger country when Jesus rules from Jerusalem in the future......
From the Nile River to the Euphrates River...But, it won’t be Jesus ruling from Jerusalem, it will be the Mashiach...

Old 12-24-2018, 04:18 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Since Revelation 22:2 says there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations, to me that implies there will be many nations on Earth, as to size that remains to be seen. After all it is 'Jerusalem above ' that is now mother - Galatians 4:26.
So, the seat of government ( Heavenly Jerusalem ) can govern over Earth as heavenly Jesus governs over the Christian congregation today.

Old 12-24-2018, 04:20 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,972,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
From the Nile River to the Euphrates River...But, it won’t be Jesus ruling from Jerusalem, it will be the Mashiach...
Since Jesus is King of Kings (over earth's rulers), and Jesus is Prince of Peace, then Jesus as King of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 for a thousand years will govern from 'heavenly Jerusalem', now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26.

Old 12-24-2018, 06:29 PM

1,382 posts, read 768,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Since Revelation 22:2 says there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations, to me that implies there will be many nations on Earth, as to size that remains to be seen. After all it is 'Jerusalem above ' that is now mother - Galatians 4:26.
So, the seat of government ( Heavenly Jerusalem ) can govern over Earth as heavenly Jesus governs over the Christian congregation today.

It will be the survivors of the nations, "any who are left the nations who went against Jerusalem" who will "worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths" (Zechariah 14:16). They will go to the earthly Jerusalem to worship the King, and if they don't go, they will get no rain. (Zechariah 14:17)

Old 12-24-2018, 09:37 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times
Quote:
Since Jesus is King of Kings (over earth's rulers), and Jesus is Prince of Peace, then Jesus as King of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 for a thousand years will govern from 'heavenly Jerusalem', now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26.
A total misrepresentation.

Ask yourself why Jesus spoke about the son of man as he instead of I.

Why did he say that the son of man would be revealed later?

Old 12-25-2018, 04:57 AM

Quote:
That’s not correct...Daniel is not under prophecies...

Daniel - Chapter 2

44 And in the days of these kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom forever, it will not be destroyed, and the kingdom will not be left to another people; it will crumble and destroy all these kingdoms, and it will stand forever.

Rashi:

And in the days of these kings: in the days of these kings, when the kingdom of Rome is still in existence.

the God Of heaven will set up a kingdom: The kingdom of the Holy One, blessed be He, which will never be destroyed, is the kingdom of the Messiah.

it will crumble and destroy: It will crumble and destroy all these kingdoms.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:58 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,763,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Nope, the Hebrew word means waters, not semen or loins...
Per 48:1 you are nearly correct. as it's actually 'wellsprings'.

https://biblehub.com/text/isaiah/48-1.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality