Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 02:06 PM

950 posts, read 692,952 times

Advertisements

Does anybody here believe in Multiple Gods? For example in Shintoism, there is both a Male God and a Female God who co-exist. And Shintoism is still being practiced today.

That Shinto belief seems to resonate with me because I feel that both male and female are needed in order to strike a balance. Male and female have different characteristics but they complement each other. Maybe that is the principle behind the Shinto religion.

No, I am not a follower of Shintoism at all. But I am also open-minded and receptive to different ideas. Even though I might not embrace the belief, I still respect it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 02:11 PM

50,838 posts, read 24,347,720 times
No, but I'm as open to it as believing in one god.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:04 PM

22,204 posts, read 19,233,374 times
Paganism
Animism and
Buddhism (for example Mahayana and Vajrayana)

Have elements of polytheism, with many deities

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 02-10-2019 at 03:23 PM..

Old 02-10-2019, 03:20 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
If we have only one type of cell there would be no "us".

can a cell in my little toe conceive of me?
that when taken apart shows nothing?

Old 02-12-2019, 08:09 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Christianity (trinitarian) includes three separate Gods into "one single but uniquely 3", similar to the Shinto.
In theirs, its a Father God and a Son God and a Spirit God.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:28 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,143,760 times
Hinduism is polytheistic.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:03 AM

17,804 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Does anybody here believe in Multiple Gods?
I do.

The Prose Edda says it..........

I believe it.............

That settles it............

(I been watchin' the Vikings on the History channel lately).

Old 02-13-2019, 12:07 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,546,021 times
I'm a mix of a poly and a monotheist...

To me, there's one god, but all of them are one aspect of it

God is just a 100 headed hydra

Old 02-13-2019, 12:49 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Does anybody here believe in Multiple Gods? For example in Shintoism, there is both a Male God and a Female God who co-exist. And Shintoism is still being practiced today.

That Shinto belief seems to resonate with me because I feel that both male and female are needed in order to strike a balance. Male and female have different characteristics but they complement each other. Maybe that is the principle behind the Shinto religion.

No, I am not a follower of Shintoism at all. But I am also open-minded and receptive to different ideas. Even though I might not embrace the belief, I still respect it.
Obviously you are free to believe what sits well with your logic.

In my opinion, the very first condition for an entity to become God is that it MUST be ONE.
The second condition is that it must not be dependent on anyone or anything.

Both these conditions take Shinto or whatever ism is it, out of question.

Talking from a logical stand point - if there is more than one God then a conflict in between them is inevitable.

For example. God A wants to do a certain thing by a certain way but God B has different ideas.

If both are Gods then both have unlimited power - who will have his say?

If God A is more powerful than God B, then God B is not a God because there is someone more powerful than him.

If God A and God B are equally powerful (both have unlimited power) and they never get into any conflict then why do we need two or three or four of them?

One God with unlimited power can do the same that trillions of Gods with unlimited power could do together.

And now the wife god wants to have a lot of kids but the Husband God doesn’t want it - what you gonna do about that now?

Last edited by GoCardinals; 02-13-2019 at 01:03 AM..

Old 02-13-2019, 03:21 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post

Yin and Yang...Shintoism is mostly Japanese...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality