Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 10:52 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,070,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I think you are not as confused as you are pretending to be.
Are you psychologically projecting without realizing it? Or is it just Irony. Or both?
I merely had a typo (although still understandable) in my tldr bolded shorthand of the point.

Quote:
There are patrerns in nature that are not designed. And there is no design in nature.
Is that what you are saying in a nutshell?
In a nutshell, all that we can say given the evidence is that there are patterns in nature. So you are only partly right about your (largely otherifying me as anti-agnostic) reiteration: we cannot yet say that nature is at it honestly and testably appears to us (natural, not supernatural, or hypersupernatural, etc) or instead that it is designed by non-God aliens or by Gods.

Again, there are patterns in nature. There are patterns in everything.
There would have to be patterns in Allah(s), that is, in any imagined and possibly meaningful (for not being chaotic Gaps/Voids) God(s). Meaningless Creator Gods that have no patterns (and thus definitely no marks of design or "creation") might include the Ancient Greek Void. Definitely not a contractually patterned Allah, faithfully patterned Jesus-Yahweh-Dove, or choosily constant Yahweh. Such patterned possible sentient beings might have been created and designed without their own knowledge, or not created or designed although they supposedly follow trustable patterns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 12:33 AM

23,173 posts, read 10,463,936 times
Heaven is not a place.

The temple becomes a city, and it is not a place, it is an outcome.

You are the temple, the city.

The highest promise and goal would not be believed if it was told. We are in fact, in a race, and those who race, they know what the high prize happens to be, and that is why they race.

Sadly, very few people know they are in a race, they stand still as runners make their rounds and they wonder why others are even running.

They literally don't know it's a race to a high prize, and even if they knew they were in a race, they don't have a clue what the high prize is.

Set your goal on the high prize and it will give you strength to run the race, but when you don't know what the prize is, what good is running?

What are you running towards? I don't believe I have made it to the high prize yet, but I know why I run, I know what the prize is.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:29 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Are you psychologically projecting without realizing it? Or is it just Irony. Or both?
I merely had a typo (although still understandable) in my tldr bolded shorthand of the point.

In a nutshell, all that we can say given the evidence is that there are patterns in nature. So you are only partly right about your (largely otherifying me as anti-agnostic) reiteration: we cannot yet say that nature is at it honestly and testably appears to us (natural, not supernatural, or hypersupernatural, etc) or instead that it is designed by non-God aliens or by Gods.

Again, there are patterns in nature. There are patterns in everything.
There would have to be patterns in Allah(s), that is, in any imagined and possibly meaningful (for not being chaotic Gaps/Voids) God(s). Meaningless Creator Gods that have no patterns (and thus definitely no marks of design or "creation") might include the Ancient Greek Void. Definitely not a contractually patterned Allah, faithfully patterned Jesus-Yahweh-Dove, or choosily constant Yahweh. Such patterned possible sentient beings might have been created and designed without their own knowledge, or not created or designed although they supposedly follow trustable patterns.
OK, so why don't you just say it in a simple straight forward basic English sentence that "you believe that there is no design in universe and in nature"?

Old 05-03-2019, 07:06 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,070,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
OK, so why don't you just say it in a simple straight forward basic English sentence that "you believe that there is no design in universe and in nature"?
Why would I have to lie one way, or the other, to myself?

I believe that there is likely no human-experienced design in the universe from natural aliens or from Gods (unnatural aliens) like I believe that Santa Clause does not exist. Which is to say, confessing my agnosticism and acknowledging the problem of Solipsism.

How can we test if any pattern would require an unpatterned (which is to say as the Dao/Tao: indescribable) designer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality