Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 06:03 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,970,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So we start off with what we supposedly believe what heaven is?
And one part of this belief is that once you are in heaven, there is absolutely no pain, no worry and no bad memory left. It's a 100% worry free eternal bliss.
(Now, Whether there this is true or not, or whether there is an evidence to support this belief or not, is *NOT* the point of discussion here)
The question then is, what are you going to do with the rest of your life?
Does it make any significant difference to your guaranteed spot in heaven in regards to what you do in your life?
I find at 1st Kings chapter 8 that Heaven is God's home ( however, No zip code is listed )
For the first thousand years (Rev. 20:6) those called to Heaven have two jobs to do as per Rev. 5:9-10.
The significant difference is found in those two (2) jobs:
* They will serve mankind living on Earth in the capacity of being ' kings ' taking care of governmental duties toward the humble meek people who will inherit the Earth as promised at Psalm 37:9-11; Matthew 5:5
* They will also serve mankind living on Earth as being ' priests ' taking care of spiritual responsibilities toward those humble meek people who will inherit the Earth.
As far as being past the thousand-year reign of Christ, Revelation informs us that there will be new book (scrolls ) opened so then we will know more of what those resurrected to Heaven will be doing for eternity in the heavens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 07:39 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Sorry, Lum, that was an uncaught spell “correct.” If your focus is the promised party you may miss the great walk but to each his own.
nateswift, if you truly believe in the promised party, there no is walk that could slow you down.

That all depends on how selfish you are, how much you doubt, what difference you see between the party and the walkway, how dangerous you think running to the door is, etc.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find at 1st Kings chapter 8 that Heaven is God's home ( however, No zip code is listed )
For the first thousand years (Rev. 20:6) those called to Heaven have two jobs to do as per Rev. 5:9-10.
The significant difference is found in those two (2) jobs:
* They will serve mankind living on Earth in the capacity of being ' kings ' taking care of governmental duties toward the humble meek people who will inherit the Earth as promised at Psalm 37:9-11; Matthew 5:5
* They will also serve mankind living on Earth as being ' priests ' taking care of spiritual responsibilities toward those humble meek people who will inherit the Earth.
As far as being past the thousand-year reign of Christ, Revelation informs us that there will be new book (scrolls ) opened so then we will know more of what those resurrected to Heaven will be doing for eternity in the heavens.
There is a Buddhist scripture that states that if Heaven is a God's home, then that home must be bigger than it, almost more powerful in order to truly contain it.

And how hilarious, I had been under the impression that the meek would INHERIT the Earth, not finally be treated well by their Leaders. But an inheritance with a time-stamp stipulation? Talk about fine-print.

Haha... "to be continued"... not much different from "you'll find out in death" or "you are being punished/rewarded in another dimension right now."

Old 03-20-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

Very interesting.

And you wish if this was the case as it seems to sit well with your pre-emptive stereotyping of Islamic knowledge - which I think is unconscious but surely incorrect, IMO.

cronyism doesn't seem to have a place the in Islamic theology in the light of this verse where it talks about the judgement day.

17:15 "Whoever adopts the right path does so for his own benefit, and whoever goes astray does so to his own detriment, and no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another.....,"

Years ago, I saw a man wearing a shirt. On the front, it said, "Jesus is coming" on the back, it said, "Look busy."

This was funny as it exposed the shallowness of the message. The key word was "Look".

Apparently, it doesn't work that way in the Islamic theology either.

What's your intention and what's in your heart is what matters behind your action. Hypocrisy or show-off won't help.

Some scholars have stated that this is the most intimidating verse in the entire Quran.

100:10 "..and the secrets of hearts are uncovered, on that Day."

It will be funny if you still believe that you can trick God.
(I can overuse emoticons too)
Thank you for this further information about the propaganda. It is very telling of the desires of the writers, editors, publishers, and fans.

I don't need to "wish" (that is, have faith) for something to be the case when it merely is.
Cronyism is no virtue. It is a vice that humans rely on due to human weakness.

You might think that Islamic Judgement Day (and maybe you also think this of Christian Judgement Day?) means no Cronyism, Plutocracy, Aristocracy, or Fascism. But I understand that rather THEY are the opposite. There is no way to separate worship from cronyism, money from value and value from power, privilege from lack of equality, etc.

Doing something "for your own benefit" can also be cronyism. I was including the idea of cronies in a mob or gang, who most often aren't allowed to slack off. I was not meaning cronyism only in an extended Nepotism sort of way, but also was including the hard-working cronies and rear-end-kissers (often hard work in and of itself).

I think that shirt you say was meant to funny, not to portray layity or church dogma accurately. The Christians teach that Jesus knows when you are sleeping and knows when your awake, he can look into your heart (amygdala) and mind (neocortex) at all times.

I told you that Islamic Monotheism would not be much different from Christian Trini-Monotheism as it applies to real lifes and psychological tools. I doubt that even Hinduism is much different in this regard.

Had you studied Christianity or Hinduism more, you would know that both actions and beliefs are very important. Most of the rest is just convenient conversion mantras and sophisms to pretend like the religions are easy. They attract a lot of bad or easy humans (50+% or more or less of humans) that way.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:41 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
This makes no sense. God could have let humans into heaven without the sacrifice of anything or anyone. It is ridiculous to say that the same God that created heaven and all of the rules that govern it was required by himself to sacrifice his son. Do believers ever think about how stupid some of the stuff they were taught actually sounds?
There's a reason they're referred to as sheep.

Old 03-20-2019, 12:42 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
This makes no sense. God could have let humans into heaven without the sacrifice of anything or anyone. It is ridiculous to say that the same God that created heaven and all of the rules that govern it was required by himself to sacrifice his son. Do believers ever think about how stupid some of the stuff they were taught actually sounds?
I have left this forum many times to avoid coming right out and saying that even though my fingers wanted to type LMAO as a reply.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:18 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Short answer: No, they do not. Their faith, hope, and love of God override any such considerations. It only becomes problematic when they try to impose some of their irrational beliefs on others.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:23 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Short answer: No, they do not. Their faith, hope, and love of God override any such considerations. It only becomes problematic when they try to impose some of their irrational beliefs on others.
Irony in the first degree

Old 03-20-2019, 07:39 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Irony in the first degree
Learn the difference between “impose” and “convince.”

Old 03-20-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Learn the difference between “impose” and “convince.”
Yes, I myself could not see what Irony there was in MysticPhD's comment. It was his last sentence which was salient for me as well. However, on a second look, I think old_cold might have been talking about the first part of MysticPhD's comment about how the teachings of religious people sound stupid [as remsleep called them]. However, I thought the part about how they are "dumb sounding" in various and contradicting ways between each other because of their hope, faith, and love of God to be rather ironic as well. Since all three of those "causes" would be shared by very socially liberal non-religious theists as well. Let's see what old_cold was thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality