Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 01:04 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSea View Post
Yes.
I believed that this light is seeing God within.

This was mainly because that is how it was presented to me.
As a non believer what did you call it? Whenever I see a believer call it God within I think we are talking about the same thing. I just refer to it as compassion, best self, or something along those lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 01:35 PM

8,343 posts, read 272,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
As a non believer what did you call it? Whenever I see a believer call it God within I think we are talking about the same thing. I just refer to it as compassion, best self, or something along those lines.
I call it inner light because it is an actual light.
While seeing said light does(in my experience) does give rise to the qualities you mention, I don't want to conceptualize it. It is actually an intimate experience.

Old 03-02-2019, 01:44 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
I call it inner light because it is an actual light.
While seeing said light does(in my experience) does give rise to the qualities you mention, I don't want to conceptualize it. It is actually an intimate experience.
Ok. thanks.

Old 03-02-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Ok. thanks.
yw
Just to be clear, I was told that this light is God. Then after some time I began to analyse what I thought God is and found all my beliefs were borrowed. I realised I , in fact did not know what God is.
That's why I say I am non-Theist, regarding the light.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:35 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Usually, I heard Buddhist monks often meditating to happily find the "basic goodness" within humanity (that is, most human phenotypes).

I also have heard of people born blind, who when given sight depending if reparative surgery is possible, are horrified that every time they close their eyes, there is now a color called black/darkness!

Also,

Here is YAHWEH = DARKNESS. Darkness is also powerful, given power, and allowed power.
Genesis, where Yahweh appeared to the Elders of Israel, form the "Thick Darkness" of Heaven.
Amos 5:20, where the "Day of the Lord (Judgement and Wrath and Killing)" is "Dark Clouds and Thick Darkness"

Nothing to be alarmed about, it was always obvious. Humans would also have a thing called "basic evilness." A book with hypocrisy would be favored by hypocrites.

"I create everything" does not deny creating evil and negative natural and anthropomorphic occurrences called calamities.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 03-02-2019 at 08:47 PM..

Old 03-03-2019, 04:33 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Got that right...however...the people in Hiroshima might question that.
God, Who is Light, has extended that spark into the 3rd dimension...so it is tricky...can of worms, I'd say,
like the chicken and the egg, can a ray exist without the Sun?
I'm not saying a lit match is God.
Well, G-d did say, “let There be light†before He had hung the sun and moon and stars...

Old 03-03-2019, 06:35 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
Quote:
I have been doing meditation for nearly 50 years and have been seeing/experiencing the 'inner light'.
During this time my beliefs have varied from strong theism to non-theism during these years; however the experience has always been there.
i.e the experience never depended of my belief(s).
*I will leave this post written prematurely, sorry I see you've been talking with L8 a bit...

You mean you have seen 'inner light'...and it has not overwhelmed you that it is God inside you? You go back and forth believing in God and not?

So tell me more what it is you are seeing...I mean if you don't mind...ok, lemme lead your answer a bit....Is it a like 10,000 suns?

Ok, now I have read more of your exchanges here...I would also like to ask if this inner light would be more of a glow, which is definitely light no doubt...a glow, say similar to a circle,
sometimes called a doughnut? Kind of golden? In front of you with eyes closed?
Thanks
You like the sea, I see?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 03-03-2019 at 07:58 PM..

Old 03-03-2019, 07:53 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Well, G-d did say, “let There be light” before He had hung the sun and moon and stars...
So then Darkness was before light, or when did G-d create
1. Darkness and
2. Calamity?
3. Jealousy
4. Angry Wrath
5. Procrastinating Patience.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:59 PM

You mean you have seen 'inner light'...and it has not overwhelmed you that it is God inside you? You go back and forth believing in God and not?

At first it was definitely overwhelming, as I highly doubted the claim before experiencing it.
As I said in#44
Just to be clear, I was told that this light is God. Then after some time I began to analyse what I thought God is, and found all my beliefs were borrowed. I realised that , in fact I did not know what God is.
That's why I say I am non-Theist, regarding the light.

I should add that I have met many people, believers & non-believers who are the same. Including many people who see the light when they pray.
In fact, I thought more people would respond here.

So tell me more what it is you are seeing...I mean if you don't mind...ok, lemme lead your answer a bit....Is it a like 10,000 suns?

Lol, sounds very Bagavad-Gita-ish
Actually, it's only 9999 suns.
Seriously though, ...no.
I can only remember one occasion when I was overwhelmed with the brightness, probably because, it was totally new to me.
I immediately opened my eyes and ran out of the room and had a cup of tea.
I didn't get struck by lightening.

Ok, now I have read more of your exchanges here...I would also like to ask if this inner light would be more of a glow, which is definitely light no doubt...a glow, say similar to a circle,
sometimes called a doughnut? Kind of golden? In front of you with eyes closed?

Simply put, the experience varies, just like the weather.
The Torus-shaped thing(doughnut) is often there very distinctly. Other shapes form as well.

Thanks yw

You like the sea, I see?
You guessed? Indeed I do. (My real-life initials are JC.)

Just looked at your profile and I love you updates.

[/quote]

Old 03-04-2019, 12:22 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
JaiSea...thank you for getting back to me so fast.
Ha, yes it does sound very Gita-like, and for a reason.

There are 'lights' inside...oh my...visions and landscapes and colors changing like mesmerizing kaleidoscopes, galaxies,
stars drawing you, lava lamp movements of such beauty ...wonderful vistas...they appear as if right in front of you ...
the 3rd Eye area....oh and you can be taken to the Other Side just like an NDE ... and it is
everything they say.

But...
then....there is 'something else'...when what is experienced or seen...well, there is no mistake...
this is The Divine Light, that is brighter than 10,000 suns...
that lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
No analyzing beliefs could change what is experienced...there would be no doubt or intellectualizing
that away.

*I have just deleted many paragraphs that really are no one else' business that has no idea what it is like to sit for hours
and hours and hours and hours in utter stillness.

I will continue tomorrow in a personal message. Later gator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality