Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 09:59 AM

47 posts, read 30,191 times

Advertisements

I have come across some observations which depict an interesting correlation between God and light....

In Hinduism, the Vedas and Hindu scriptures consider the Shivalinga as representing a cosmic pillar of light. The Dharmic monotheistic sect the Prajapita Brahmakumaris consider God to be a point of light.

In Islam, Allah has 100 name's, and one of them is Alnoor ( the Light).

“God is light,” says 1 John 1:5, in the Bible in Christianity.

In Judaism, Psalm 76:4 says of God, “You are radiant with light.”

So this correlation between God and light, is a common denominator in these four major world religions.

Imo, the fire worship in Zoroastrianism may be illustrating this correlation between God (Ahura Mazda ) and light as well, light being emitted by the fire.

If you find any further proofs or evidences in this regard, please do share it here.

Thanking you all in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 10:28 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
I always though the god notion was like a rainbow myself. The deeper we look, the more it looks like nothing is there ... so the rainbow isn't there?

Old 02-24-2019, 10:29 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,014,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay0 View Post
I have come across some observations which depict an interesting correlation between God and light....

In Hinduism, the Vedas and Hindu scriptures consider the Shivalinga as representing a cosmic pillar of light. The Dharmic monotheistic sect the Prajapita Brahmakumaris consider God to be a point of light.

So this correlation between God and light, is a common denominator in these four major world religions.

Imo, the fire worship in Zoroastrianism may be illustrating this correlation between God (Ahura Mazda ) and light as well, light being emitted by the fire.

If you find any further proofs or evidences in this regard, please do share it here.

I've sort of wondered about God and a radiation connection. One of the reasons I've wondered about this is because it sounds as if Moses experienced significant radiation exposure while up on the mountain.

Old 02-24-2019, 07:58 PM

88,611 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:

It seems to be, and it also fits in with ancients who saw our sun as God.

This came over to me this week in an email.

Remember, light is not so much what you directly see as that by which you see everything else. This is why in John’s Gospel, Jesus Christ makes the almost boastful statement, “I am the Light of the world” (John 8:12). Jesus Christ is the amalgam of matter and spirit put together in one place, so we ourselves can put it together in all places and enjoy things in their fullness. It can even enable us to see as God sees, if that is not hoping for too much.

While this is from contemplative Christian thought, the bolded would like be agreed to by those who walk on any spiritual path.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:42 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Um, split an atom....every single thing at it's core is light...nothing you see is real....it's just
appearing as a chair or your ceiling....but it's really light.

Sit for awhile and focus on the 3rd eye region....you'll see Light.
"If thine eye be single thy whole body will be full of light"....Luke...Jesus, KJV
Kinda old news for some of us.
But don't believe anyone....'see' for yourselves!

Great to start a thread on this.

Old 02-24-2019, 10:06 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times
Quote:

But I thought Shivalinga is the, excuse my french, penis of some Hindu god? no?

Old 02-25-2019, 02:55 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,024,985 times
The light of God is a pure white light , which is not based on any carbon which burns fire light on the earth

Old 02-25-2019, 04:48 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,070,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The light of God is a pure white light , which is not based on any carbon which burns fire light on the earth
Except that in the Old Testament,
Yahweh of the great shame is described as literally manifesting as

1. an urn burning red with fire and smoke that floated between the bisected baby animal sacrificed carcasses that Abraham had set up as a fertility pact.
2. A "carbon-based" bush on fire (not light, but FIRE) which was non-consuming fire.
3. a pillar of red fire and its smoke that led the way for the Exodus.
4. A man whose face was shrouded by dark clouds.

Among many other depictions of consuming heavenly fire, etc.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Got that right...however...the people in Hiroshima might question that.
God, Who is Light, has extended that spark into the 3rd dimension...so it is tricky...can of worms, I'd say,
like the chicken and the egg, can a ray exist without the Sun?
I'm not saying a lit match is God.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
Except that in the Old Testament,
Yahweh of the great shame is described as literally manifesting ....

Among many other depictions of consuming heavenly fire, etc.
I'm not being rude...but you believe their descriptions?
These may be the same people that called a comet a chariot in the sky, see what I mean?

I am wondering if we should ask who has seen this Divine Light that is God?
Otherwise, it may be all coming from others' interpretations of what thy are seeing on earth...
the burning bush... is a good example....meditators and NDErs are the people to ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality