Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 09:37 AM

1,022 posts, read 775,723 times

Advertisements

What is nice about The Satanic Temple is that it is based on things that are real unlike other religions that are based on occult supernatural things that are not real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2019, 09:56 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
All your post does is prove the Bible yet again

1 Corinthians 2:14

You can't understand spiritual things if you have rejected the Spirit of God.
Atheists and members of other religions can understand as much as Christians do, they see everything in face value because they don't know the religion the New Testament is based upon.

Everyday the Christian is reading idioms, phrases, and metaphors that would only be known to people who knows what is said and done on the 7 feasts.

Christians don't know and can't know the meanings of parables, and idioms based of feasts they do not know, they read the same thing Atheists reads, and they come away with the same meaning.

If you do not know what is said and done everyday in the daily sacrifice, and you don't know what is said on rosh Hashanah, Sukkot, or even Shemini Atzeret, then you shouldn't even read parables, you shouldn't even read Matthew 24 or any of the parables because of THE FACT, that all the parables, and all the book of Revelation is written of the 7 feasts, and if you don't know the law and the feasts, you are just spinning your wheels reading Parables or Revelation, they are IN FACT, based upon tradition and rituals UNKNOWN to Cnristians.

You try and explain THIS FACT to the Christian and they don't get it because they don't know the feasts, they don't know the traditions and idioms.

I know it's so lame because I keep saying things like this, but it is simply the truth.

Assuming one has the Holy spirit is not actually having the holy spirit, and even if there was a single person alive with the power of the Holy spirit, that person STILL HAS TO STUDY.

The spirit can't teach anything to a person who will not study the very things that the spirit came to teach.

There is no person alive with the power of the holy spirit, what we have is millions of people claiming a power that they don't have and it is extreemly obvious.

If somebody has the power of the Holy spirit as fell on Pentecost, I sure would like to know his name. Isn't it so bizarre thst so many millions of people are claiming the power from Shavuot when they don't keep Shavuot?

BIZARRE, and then they quote New Testament scriptures written to and about Gentile converts of Judaism when they aren't converts of Judaism.....

The Christian quotes promises written to Gentiles who became like Jews, practicing the same religion as Jews, ''God's religion.''

None of those promises in the New Testament are written to modern Christians, I really wish Christians would stop quoting them as if they are in the same religion as the first Christians.

Old 07-06-2019, 03:46 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Well done Mystic I'm reminded of the cartoon of Lucifer recruiting disaffected angels for his rebellion.

"five dollars a day, on active service, free meals, laundry and letters home. Three days leave every fortnight. Good job stoking boilers and racking prisoners after we lose.."

I must be dyslexic. When I first saw that I thought it said ..."Lucifer recruiting decaffeinated angels..." and I thought "Why is satan recruiting angels who haven't had their morning caffeine jolt. Makes for a lousy heavenly revolt." Then I saw "disaffected" and I thought, "Oh! Same thing. Disaffected, decaffeinated, what difference does it make. Satan must have ended up an army of one."

Old 07-06-2019, 04:09 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
There are really individual fallen spirits in every human, at least, this is what the bible teaches over and over in concept, that each one of us have a fallen spirit inside us, who is not us, and who have lived a life before us.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:21 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,183,311 times
I am glad that film is getting so many positive reviews. I have always been a fan of Satanism and what The Satanic Temple does in promoting science and rationality over superstition and fake science. As well as fighting for Human rights

Old 03-05-2020, 10:40 AM

492 posts, read 234,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
I am glad that film is getting so many positive reviews. I have always been a fan of Satanism and what The Satanic Temple does in promoting science and rationality over superstition and fake science. As well as fighting for Human rights
The satanic temple is a joke. Go find a generational satanist and talk to them. Then you will find out the real truth about this very ancient religion and all it's sickness. The person who started the temple, Howard Stanton Levy was a circus performer. A showman who later changed his name to Anton Levay. It's purely a public front for its sick religious practices.

Old 03-05-2020, 11:11 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That you can believe there would be such a tragic figure for ANY reason boggles the mind. What conceivable reason would such a being have for doing what you claim given what its fate will be in any case? What's the point?
Quote:
Well done Mystic I'm reminded of the cartoon of Lucifer recruiting disaffected angels for his rebellion.

"five dollars a day, on active service, free meals, laundry and letters home. Three days leave every fortnight. Good job stoking boilers and racking prisoners after we lose.."
Thanks. It has always been a mystery why such a creature would ever exist, let alone recruit others to its tragic fate.
Quote:
Thank you for supporting Mystic's contention; there is no such being. That being so, it became necessary to invent it as a bugaboo, excuse, and threat to keep the Sheeple nice and controllable.

Btw Mystic, I'm curious..why Don't you believe in Satan? If you're still speaking to me, that is. In your place I wouldn't be
I don't recall why you would think that I wouldn't be speaking to you back then, Arq. I can think of no reason that I would ever react that way toward you.

Old 03-05-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDABaptist View Post
The satanic temple is a joke. Go find a generational satanist and talk to them. Then you will find out the real truth about this very ancient religion and all it's sickness. The person who started the temple, Howard Stanton Levy was a circus performer. A showman who later changed his name to Anton Levay. It's purely a public front for its sick religious practices.
You do not have your facts. LaVey had nothing to do with The Satanic Temple. He was dead long before it even existed. And I am sorry you are against love and science and compassion but I am proud of those things

Old 03-05-2020, 02:04 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
You do not have your facts. LaVey had nothing to do with The Satanic Temple. He was dead long before it even existed. And I am sorry you are against love and science and compassion but I am proud of those things
Madame Blavatsky...

Old 03-05-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Madame Blavatsky...
Again dead before tst existed. Please have the facts as this is getting silly. And see the film too since that is what this is about
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality