Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2019, 07:59 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times

Advertisements

Nice Post thrillobyte. What I find when sharing the truth that I’m aware of is that beliefs are so ingrained in people, they will refuse to entertain the notion that they’ve been deceived. From what I’ve learned, the Bible contains more symbolism than truth.

For instance, the Virgin Mary. What Pagan story was this from which the Christians have disputed? It really doesn’t matter, except for the fact the Bible story is a myth.

I believe this message:

Mary writes that Jesus was the natural son of Joseph and Mary (Public Domain)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 04:48 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Nice Post thrillobyte. What I find when sharing the truth that I’m aware of is that beliefs are so ingrained in people, they will refuse to entertain the notion that they’ve been deceived. From what I’ve learned, the Bible contains more symbolism than truth.

For instance, the Virgin Mary. What Pagan story was this from which the Christians have disputed? It really doesn’t matter, except for the fact the Bible story is a myth.

I believe this message:

Mary writes that Jesus was the natural son of Joseph and Mary (Public Domain)

Which is why it'd be interesting to do a review of studies on comparative IQ's of atheists and Christians, the operative observation being on the issue that ability to believe in something as unrealistic as resurrection and miracles is totally dependent on faith without evidence of any kind. It's no accident that pragmatic people like scientists, who rely on what they observe for confirmation of a hypothesis, are mostly atheist--while religious people, who rely on what they are taught to believe for confirmation of their beliefs, are mostly theists.

Old 09-18-2019, 06:00 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
It's dumb to highlight Jesus' "ancestors", even if they included Biblical "greats" like David, or anyone of any other standard.

If Jesus is to be judged by his ancestors, that means you and I are also to be judged based on our ancestors, which is pure nonsense and b.s. But maybe that's the "logic" of atheists; be held responsible for other's actions, especially those who lived decades or centuries before us

Last edited by Thoreau424; 09-18-2019 at 06:13 PM..

Old 09-18-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Which is why it'd be interesting to do a review of studies on comparative IQ's of atheists and Christians, the operative observation being on the issue that ability to believe in something as unrealistic as resurrection and miracles is totally dependent on faith without evidence of any kind. It's no accident that pragmatic people like scientists, who rely on what they observe for confirmation of a hypothesis, are mostly atheist--while religious people, who rely on what they are taught to believe for confirmation of their beliefs, are mostly theists.
That would be interesting... inasmuch as the resurrection that’s referred to in the Bible isn’t the same resurrection that’s part of my beliefs. Same with miracles.

For instance, did Jesus bring Lazarus back from the dead? Nope. He brought Lazarus out of a coma.

Did Jesus turn water into wine? I’ll give you two guesses. The answer starts with an “n.”

What about the miracle of Jesus walking on water? Could such a thing actually occur? Let’s be real here. Jesus was standing in a boat with low fog and it appeared as if he was walking on water.

Was Jesus able to heal people? Yes, because it involved Laws of God which he was very familiar with. Same with his disciples.

As for intelligence, here’s an eye opener. People and spirits who are receiving Divine Love become more intelligent without needing to open a book.

As to science, we’ll, where did that come from? Look up. The fact is that people of faith believe in science... but people who believe in science only... don’t have faith any higher than the galaxy. Hmmm.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:50 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
I'm frankly astonished. On what grounds do you toss half (if not more) of the gospel story into the bin? I'm pretty sure that it isn't through employing redaction criticism.

Old 09-19-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'm frankly astonished. On what grounds do you toss half (if not more) of the gospel story into the bin? I'm pretty sure that it isn't through employing redaction criticism.
Well, that’s good news. I base my beliefs on writings from the one and only Master of the Celestial Heavens, his disciples, historical religious and political figures, family and friends of the Washington, DC attorney who I’ve posted about before. Five years ago I was in D.C. and was able to see the book “True Gospel Revealed Again From Jesus,” published in either 1940 or 1941... at the Library of Congress.

And I provide links from my friend’s website Truth for all People.

Old 09-19-2019, 10:49 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
That would be interesting... inasmuch as the resurrection that’s referred to in the Bible isn’t the same resurrection that’s part of my beliefs. Same with miracles.

For instance, did Jesus bring Lazarus back from the dead? Nope. He brought Lazarus out of a coma.

Did Jesus turn water into wine? I’ll give you two guesses. The answer starts with an “n.”

What about the miracle of Jesus walking on water? Could such a thing actually occur? Let’s be real here. Jesus was standing in a boat with low fog and it appeared as if he was walking on water.

Was Jesus able to heal people? Yes, because it involved Laws of God which he was very familiar with. Same with his disciples.

As for intelligence, here’s an eye opener. People and spirits who are receiving Divine Love become more intelligent without needing to open a book.

As to science, we’ll, where did that come from? Look up. The fact is that people of faith believe in science... but people who believe in science only... don’t have faith any higher than the galaxy. Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
It's dumb to highlight Jesus' "ancestors", even if they included Biblical "greats" like David, or anyone of any other standard.

If Jesus is to be judged by his ancestors, that means you and I are also to be judged based on our ancestors, which is pure nonsense and b.s. But maybe that's the "logic" of atheists; be held responsible for other's actions, especially those who lived decades or centuries before us

People around here know my position on all this: as there isn't a single record of any of this outside the New Testament and since the New Testament, particularly the gospels were heavily edited, changed, redacted and every other kind of tampering done to them to fit the then-prevailing dogma of the 2nd Century, none of it can be trusted. We have to assume that every single story in the gospels is mythological, most based on Old Testament stories i.e Jesus raising Jarius' daughter being a copy of Elijah raising the widow's son. This means we also have a right to doubt everything about the 12 apostles, their method of death, their evangelism, their very existence in fact.

Old 09-19-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
People around here know my position on all this: as there isn't a single record of any of this outside the New Testament and since the New Testament, particularly the gospels were heavily edited, changed, redacted and every other kind of tampering done to them to fit the then-prevailing dogma of the 2nd Century, none of it can be trusted. We have to assume that every single story in the gospels is mythological, most based on Old Testament stories i.e Jesus raising Jarius' daughter being a copy of Elijah raising the widow's son. This means we also have a right to doubt everything about the 12 apostles, their method of death, their evangelism, their very existence in fact.
Well, I beg to differ with you. In the writings that I believe in, there are all kinds of refutations to what was written in the Bible. And the writers, including the disciples aren’t happy about it. They assert that much of what was written wasn’t from them. Therefore, they spent several years explaining what the real truth was and is.

Old 11-07-2019, 01:01 PM

64 posts, read 34,662 times
We see clearly that the Jews were not the descendants of the Canaanites.

We clearly see the defining split in the genealogy of Noah.

Noah had three sons. SHEM - HAM and Japeth.

Gen 9:22 - Tells us that the Canaanites were the descendants of HAM father of CANAAN.

And

1Ch 1:17 - Tells us that ISRAEL - the Jews were of - SHEM

Here below we see the genealogy from Adam to Joseph - the husband of Mary, who bore Yahoshua

Adam, Seth, Enosh, Kenan, Mahalalel, Jared, Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech, Noah, Shem, Arphaxad, Selah, Eber, Peleg, Reu, Serug, Nahor, Terah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, Pharez, Hezron, Aram, Amminadab, Nahshon, Salma, Obed, Jesse, David, Solomon, Rehoboam, Abijah, Asa, Jehoshaphat, Joram, Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, Hezekiah, Manasseh, Amon, Josiah, Jeconiah, Shealtiel, Zerubbabel, Abihud, Eliakim, Eliakim, Azor, Zadok, Achim, Eliud, Eleazar, Matthan, and - Jacob, Joseph the husband of Mary,

And here below we see the genealogy from Adam to Mary - beginning with Nathan - the son of King David

David Nathan, Mattatha, Menan, Melea, Eliakim, Jonan, Joseph, Juda, Simeon, Levi, Matthat, Jorim, Eliezer, Jose, Er, Elmodam, Cosam, Addi, Melchi, Neri, Salathiel, Zorobabel, Rhesa, Hoannas, Juda, Joseph, Semei, Mattathias, Maath, Nagge, Esli, Naum, Amos, Mattathias, Joseph, Yanna, Melchi, Levi, Matthat, Heli, Mary

King David had two sons named Solomon and Nathan. Mary was the descendant down from of Nathan

and Joseph was the descendant down from Solomon.

Abraham was born from a family who lived in ancient Syria. They were Ancient Syrians
Abraham's father and brothers were Ancient Syrians.

Deu 26:4 And the priest shall take the basket out of thine hand, and set it down before the altar of the LORD thy God. - Deu 26:5 And thou shalt speak and say before the LORD thy God, A Syrian ready to perish was my father, and he went down into Egypt, and sojourned there with a few, and became there a nation.

Gen 25:20 And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel The Syrian of Padanaram, the sister to Laban the Syrian.

Sarah and Abraham was brother and sister { Possibly from a polygamy marriage.

God commanded Abraham to separate and remove Himself from His Family and relatives and to move away.

Gen 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

We see clearly that the Canaanites descended from CANAAN who was the grandson of Noah

And we see clearly that ISRAEL - the Jews and Yahoshua descended from SHEM who also was the grandson of Noah.

All mankind had descended down from Noah. We see clearly that the Jews were not Canaanites and had nothing to do with being descendants of Canaanites.

In fact, the Jews were at war with the Canaanites and did not mix and mingle their seed with Canaanites.

The Question that should be asked, which son of Noah did Mohammad and his family descend from ?
We do not know because the Arabian people are a mingled people who no longer know and they no longer have their original identity concerning from who they originated in Noah

Last edited by tripplelogicality; 11-07-2019 at 01:12 PM..

Old 11-08-2019, 07:21 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Well, that’s good news. I base my beliefs on writings from the one and only Master of the Celestial Heavens, his disciples, historical religious and political figures, family and friends of the Washington, DC attorney who I’ve posted about before. Five years ago I was in D.C. and was able to see the book “True Gospel Revealed Again From Jesus,” published in either 1940 or 1941... at the Library of Congress.

And I provide links from my friend’s website Truth for all People.
Ah. False prophets. I've seen this before. I recall a message from Luke who refers to his own nativity - which is clearly false. Even if the the whole thing isn't imaginary (which i believe it is) those who send the messages are just as deluded in heaven as they were on earth. or equally dishonest - take your pick.

Either way, I believe neither the bible nor the rewriting of it by this latter -day inspired prophet.

For what seems to be valid reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality