Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2020, 02:49 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Bhagavat Gita is not love story.
It is considered one of the best ancient spiritual tutorials, done by Krishna to Arjuna.

Lord Krishna is trying to say only two words in the Gita. People cannot understand those two words and that is why he had to create the whole Gita and just to understand the Gita, people have written commentaries. Lord Krishna, Himself says, "Only one out of a thousand people will understand the gross or overt (sthool) meaning of what I am saying in the Gita. Out of thousand such people, only one can understand the subtle (sookshma) meaning of what I am saying. Out of one thousand such people, only one can understand the subtler (sookshmatar) meaning, out of those who understand the subtler meaning, only one can understand exactly the essence (sookshmatam) of what I am saying."
What did Lord Krishna mean? When a person dies, what is it that leaves when people say, "He left the body?" That, which leaves, is the 'real thing' and whatever is left behind is the 'packing'. What you see with your physical eyes is the packing and the material (Soul or Atma) is within.
I was on another forum for years before I came here, one of my best friends was Hindu and because I am such an obsessive person, I made it my goal to study Hinduism to be able to have conversations with this woman.

I was completely shock at finding one link after the other. I am extremely well versed in Biblical prophesies and I was shock by how many I found in the Vedas, I mean I was shocked because I had no idea how many connection there are between the bible and the vedas. I really wished I still had the long post that I made back then. I had many old friends there for years, and they all told me it was the best thing I had ever written.

There can be no doubt that there is in fact a common source between the Hindu and the people of the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 06:20 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Hannie.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:39 AM

1,456 posts, read 516,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I really wished I still had the long post that I made back then.
The post is most likely archived so you should be able to find it if you remember the site and a bunch of tag words.

Old 02-11-2020, 02:23 PM

I tried finding it, couldn't. I was Jacob_Rising on Sean Hannity religion forum, got booted, fate really, never would have found all my buds here.

Old 02-11-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I tried finding it, couldn't. I was Jacob_Rising on Sean Hannity religion forum, got booted, fate really, never would have found all my buds here.
This is odd. I think having been booted your posts (under the handle of Jacob_Rising) may have been wiped altogether from that site.

I did manage to find one thread where there was an active discussion on the topic that you'd mentioned. Perhaps, if you scroll through it, you might find some reference to your old posts, if not the the actual posts (forgive me if it's the wrong site) - https://community.hannity.com/t/all-...-valid/150/435

Old 02-11-2020, 03:26 PM

Wow, saw some old friends thanks. The mods really hated me there, I am pretty sure they wiped a lot. At first I was Josephus Oliver or Hannibal_Flavius, so many years ago when so was much, very much different.

I was still Pentecostal back in those days and the one time that I really did something big, it freaked e everyone out, good times, good times. I had been banned and a year later I created another name but after a while, I could see how wrong it was no matter how bad I wanted to be there and so I created a thread in the moderator forum and came clean, it was a really awesome thread, they let me stay as Jacob_Rising, seems like a lifetime ago.

I was unlike for good reasons, reasons I continue working on.

Old 02-11-2020, 03:40 PM

Hey no problem. Wish I could've been more helpful. Glad you've managed to find this place and new friends.

P.S. Good on you for coming out to the mods and wanting to improve yourself.

Old 02-13-2020, 01:51 AM

Ch 11 v 38
You are the original Personality, the Godhead. You are the only sanctuary of this manifested cosmic world.
You know everything, and You are all that is knowable.
You are above the material modes. O limitless form!
This whole cosmic manifestation is pervaded by You!

Btw, I didn't realize - I started a similar thread in 2013!!
I should have just brought that back up! Sorry.

Old 02-13-2020, 02:00 AM

Ch 7 v 8-9

Arjuna, I am the taste of pure water and the radiance of the sun and moon.
I am the sacred word and the sound heard in the air, and the courage of human beings.

I am the sweet fragrance in the earth and the radiance of fire;
I am the life in every creature and the striving of the spiritual aspirant.

Old 02-13-2020, 03:22 AM

15,980 posts, read 7,044,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ch 7 v 8-9

Arjuna, I am the taste of pure water and the radiance of the sun and moon.
I am the sacred word and the sound heard in the air, and the courage of human beings.

I am the sweet fragrance in the earth and the radiance of fire;
I am the life in every creature and the striving of the spiritual aspirant.

Nice. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality