Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2019, 03:21 PM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

Is it only me, or is any other Christians bothered that they can't ask anything they want of God?

Those first disciples had no doubt, and it didn't matter what they asked for, they recieved everything they asked for.

Doubt did not come into play when they went from village to village healing everyone, the dead were raised, the blind saw, the lame walked.

If today's Christians represent this same power of the Holy spirit, why would anyone even believe in Christianity?

Can a Christian really ask anything of God and know for sure God is going to answer his prayer?
How many people has each Christian prayed for a miracle and not recieved it?

Thousands and thousands, and we wonder why Atheists wonder about us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 03:26 PM

There is a destructive hurricane headed our way, nobody doubts that it will hit, and it will be big.

Why can't the Christian ask God to keep it off shore or dissipate it?

Who has the great and awesome power of the Holy spirit given to those who kept the Pentecost?

How is it that so many millions of Christians are claiming supernatual power from a feast they teach against, from a religion they reject?

Old 08-30-2019, 03:34 PM

15,845 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Being a mathematician, I'm wondering what the extra 10% is doing. Perhaps recording a narrative? Bookkeeping? Swapping processes? Anybody know?

Old 08-30-2019, 03:39 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Being a mathematician, I'm wondering what the extra 10% is doing. Perhaps recording a narrative? Bookkeeping? Swapping processes? Anybody know?
I suspect creating pictures of angels if the OP's posts are any clue.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:26 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'd never heard it phrased that way. Could you elaborate?
Sure. since Jesus is supposed (by Christians) to be God incarnate, it's near enough to the topic to hear it fart.

The 'General Theory' ays that the contradiction in the Gospels shows that much of it was invented. The nativities are test cases and resurrection not much better. You may have see how 'David and the Shewbread' shows how it had to be a concocted polemic that could not possibly have worked at the time and Jesus could not possibly have even tried it. The deaths of Judas show how 'prophecy' is fiddled. The massacre of innocents show history known to nobody but one writer (Mathew) used to produce a prophecy that is really nothing to do with the OT text. There's also John knowing nothing of the transfiguration discredits that account. Luke also invents lost of stuff like the attempted assassination at Nazareth, Herod Antipas getting a look at Jesus and the penitent thief - important events not known to any other writer.

So, given that a lot is invented, is any of it true? where they all four agree has a base to be a sound bases, though it could be entirely made up (Mythicism). I think there is a factual basis because a made up Jesus would have been a Judean, not a Galilean. He would have been stoned by the Jews, not crucified by the Romans. Therefore. I think those things are true and the shout 'rebellion'. Which is also very much looks what he was executed for.

Without going into a lot of details about the temple and the donkey procession, the 'Robbers', or even John's arrest by Antipas who was suspicious of his intentions, I see Jesus' actual story as that of one of those string of messianic rebels who tried but failed to lead a revolt against the Roman or Herodians. This is the 'special' theory.

There's also the plot to rescue Jesus, but it does rely on a lot of material being taken as true - the four Big miracles, including Lazarus - but the Synoptic gospels know nothing of this tremendous miracle - except just possibly Luke. All the stuff about the (suggested) drugged wine, but could be coincidental from trying to work in a Psalms prophecy.

That's basically It. Though the implication of the 'passover release custom' and the odd feeling that Jesus and barabbas are two sides of the same coin is an interesting one.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Gentiles are under a covenant with Noah, they don't go to some make believe hell, but the covenant is very specific, Jesus only brings a covenant for Israel and Judah.

Israel is named,'' Ephraim,'' the lost ten tribes of Israel called the lost sheep of Israel Jesus speaks about in saying that he only came looking for the lost sheep of the house of Israel, and the lost sheep of Israel has never been Jews.

The ten tribes were seeded into the nations of Gentiles with God calling them Gentiles,'' NOT MY PEOPLE.''

Paul explains this in Romans in speaking of the destruction of his people Israel,'' NOT JUDAH.''

Messiah only brings a specific covenant to Israel and Judah but when Jesus came, Judah was still there with God, but Israel was not to be found.

Gentiles are grafted and adopted into Israel through the void in those ten lost tribes.

Gentiles agree to marry a Jew, and Jesus absolutely did not come offering a betrothal to a Jew to become a Jew.

Those first Gentile converts came back with respect to the religion of Jesus, they accepted a Passover lamb, a Pentecost Ram, a Yom Kippur goat, a Sukkot bull for the 70 nations and the Sabbath of God.

Isaiah 56 shows exactly how a Gentiles obtains an inheritance in Israel simply by accepting God's feasts, God's Sabbath and thus, '' God's Pasover lamb.''

The Gentile had to become Israel, and the entire point was that God had a chosen people excluding the rest of the world.

Then God tells us that he is going to take those ten tribes to use them as seeds in the Gentile nations so a way was made for the Gentile to accept a Jewish husband and his religion, the one HE PRACTICED, and this grafted them and adopted them into Israel.

This all came to a screeching halt 100 years after Jesus, the church made sure that no Gentiles were grafted and adopted into Israel to become one with God's people, but not as if this wasn't bad enough, the Christian world set in to persecuting anyone who was brave enough to practice the same religion Jesus practiced, they persecuted the Jew for 2000 years because the Jew would not stop following God, and they made very sure that no Gentile joined the Jews in God's religion, and they made it impossible for a Jew to join them in their lawlessness and paganism when the whole point was to make all people the same tribe.

Christians quoting the New Testament is the same as if anyone else in any other religion quoted the new testament.

Gentiles claiming the inheritance of Israel who are not Israel, Gentiles claiming to be Jews, who are not Jews.

The covenant Jesus brought is extreemly specific to Israel and Judah and Christians are neither of these.

Having said this, we can look at the future prophesies of Judah and Israel's covenant realized under one Prince, and we can also see saved Gentiles who are not under that specific covenant, Gentiles under the covenant of Noah, not Jesus.

This is why NO CHRISTIAN can quote the actual covenant in Jeremiah or to show any scripture relating the covenant to Israel and Judah, they know it says,'' I will make a new covenant for Israel and Judah.''

There are NO GENTILES in the covenant of Jesus, there are only Gentiles who became Israel, and Christians stopped becoming Israel 2000 years ago, and yet they quote all the New Testament promises spoken only to Israel, NOT THEM.
Now, I have to say I do get this argument. Though I have to say it is apparently Paul's argument, which i do not buy for a minute.

Quote:
History is history, the problem being is that it is so freaking hard to understand the literal history of the bible, and this is the big great problem.

Christians read the word,'' Israel,'' and Jews come to mind when Israel are not Jewish, they read Israeli history, and they take Israeli history and put that history on a completely different nation, a completely different people, in a completely different religion.

The first king of Israel called the Torah a strange thing and he rejected the law, rejected the Sabbath and the feasts of God with anything to do with Jerusalem.

So we have two separate nations in two separate religions where Israel allied with nations against Judah for 300 years.

For instance, people read about Elijah going against Israel and they assume it is Jewish history when it is not.

NOBODY can even have a clue about the New Testament unless they understand the history and even most bible scholars don't understand, it is extreemly hard to understand because it evolves, and there is just so much of it.
Now this I don't get. Israel and Judah split, true, but were united under the Hasmoneans. Any backsliding or apostasy under the old Kings of Israel was a thing of the past. They were now all Jewish. The Jewish lands combined the Galilee and Judea into one Israel, though people called them Jews and the land Judea nevertheless.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Now, I have to say I do get this argument. Though I have to say it is apparently Paul's argument, which i do not buy for a minute.

Now this I don't get. Israel and Judah split, true, but were united under the Hasmoneans. Any backsliding or apostasy under the old Kings of Israel was a thing of the past. They were now all Jewish. The Jewish lands combined the Galilee and Judea into one Israel, though people called them Jews and the land Judea nevertheless.
No Trans, God had the king of Assyria destroy Israel to take all their people off in 722 B.C

Then that king of Assyria brought sons of Esau and Ishmael and placed them in the houses of the lost Israel. One priest was brought back to teach these people the same lawlessness and paganism that scattered and destroyed the ten tribes.

Paul is explaining how he is one of 7000 men as a reserved remnant living as Jews, amongst Jews havkng been grafted from Israel into Judah where all tribes were present but only a remnant of Israel.

Those lost sheep of Israel is who Jesus came speaking to.

Paul explains the loss of his own people and he is showing how he had not become Judah, and he offers this same thing to Gentiles who would fill the void in Israel if they would marry a Jew.

John the Baptist came with this very mission, to walk in Galilee of the nations in the land of the ten tribes preparing Gentiles to join God's religion to become one with Jews.

That betrothal Jesus came offering in in Hosea 2, and all Gentiles must come as females, to Judah who represents a male.

Jesus didn't come offering a Jew to marry a Jew to become a Jew, he came as a messenger of the covenant to marry all Gentiles to all Jews.

Old 08-30-2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:

No Trans, God had the king of Assyria destroy Israel to take all their people off in 722 B.C

Then that king of Assyria brought sons of Esau and Ishmael and placed them in the houses of the lost Israel. One priest was brought back to teach these people the same lawlessness and paganism that scattered and destroyed the ten tribes. Those new people placed in the houses of Israel claimed to be the new Israel for 700 years just like Christianity has done for 2000 years.

Paul is explaining how he is one of 7000 men as a reserved remnant living as Jews, amongst Jews having been grafted from Israel into Judah where all tribes were present but only a remnant of Israel.

Paul explains the loss of his own people and he is showing how he had now become Judah, and he offers this same thing to Gentiles who would fill the void in Israel if they would marry a Jew.

John the Baptist came with this very mission, to walk in Galilee of the nations in the land of the ten tribes preparing Gentiles to join God's religion to become one with Jews.

That betrothal Jesus came offering in in Hosea 2, and all Gentiles must come as females, to Judah who represents a male.

Jesus didn't come offering a Jew to marry a Jew to become a Jew, he came as a messenger of the covenant to marry all Gentiles to all Jews.

Jesus came to take Gentiles and Jews to make them one in a wedding.

Old 08-31-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:

Then that king of Assyria brought sons of Esau and Ishmael and placed them in the houses of the lost Israel. One priest was brought back to teach these people the same lawlessness and paganism that scattered and destroyed the ten tribes.

Paul is explaining how he is one of 7000 men as a reserved remnant living as Jews, amongst Jews havkng been grafted from Israel into Judah where all tribes were present but only a remnant of Israel.

Paul explains the loss of his own people and he is showing how he had not become Judah, and he offers this same thing to Gentiles who would fill the void in Israel if they would marry a Jew.

I could be wrong, but I got none of that from Paul. And so far as i could see, he regarded himself as a Jew, (and whether they were returned from Assyrian destruction or moved there from Judea, Galileans were Jews as much as any). Paul's message was that Gentiles could share in the promise of Abraham and it was nothing to do with Israel being different from Judah. I don't see any suggestion of Gentiles coming as Brides, so this seems to be quite far -fetched.

I also looked up Paul being of the tribe of Benjamin which was one of the two tribes making up Judea. So Paul could not have been a Remmnant of israel.

Old 08-31-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I got none of that from Paul. And so far as i could see, he regarded himself as a Jew, (and whether they were returned from Assyrian destruction or moved there from Judea, Galileans were Jews as much as any). Paul's message was that Gentiles could share in the promise of Abraham and it was nothing to do with Israel being different from Judah. I don't see any suggestion of Gentiles coming as Brides, so this seems to be quite far -fetched.

I also looked up Paul being of the tribe of Benjamin which was one of the two tribes making up Judea. So Paul could not have been a Remmnant of israel.
Benjamin was a part of both Kingdom Trans, and for good reason, Benjamjn was the only true brother of Joseph/Israel, you can check psalms 80 showing Benjamin in Israel. Paul WAS a Jew, but he only became a Jew from his family going over to Judah and becoming one with Judah. Listen, this isn't just taught in Romans, it is taught all over the New Testament, it is taught in every parable and the whole book of Revelation is a Gentile becoming Israel, it's just that people never heard the concept.

EVERY Christian claim to be a bride of Christ Trans, and that is because Hosea 2 promises the ten lost tribes of Gentiles a marriage to a Jew.

If you share in the blessings of Abraham, it EXACTLY means that you are a son of Isaac by spirit, and the Gentile achieves this through a conversion. It is the same blessing, through Abraham, through Isaac, through Jacob, through Israel.

Paul speaking about the 7000 remnant of Israel living amongst Judah is his teaching that he was one of the 7000 of Israel living amongst Judah.

The prodigal son teaches this exact thing, Israel is known as the prodigal nation, and that is the reason for the story, it is Jesus telling literal history of God's two sons, Israel and Judah.

ALL the disciples. were of Israel, not Judah, they were all living as Jews amongst Jews but their lineage is of Israel, not Judah.

Paul quotes the famous quote from Hosea,'' Not my people, become the sons of the living God.''

Thos promise is only given to the ten lost tribes and it is how Gentiles come in as brides and then become sons through a marriage and a birth.

BECAUSE all of this is true, I can write ten pages full of scripture about, I can fill a page from the Old testament about it, and write a book from the New Testament about it.

It is just that few people understand the history and the names, and it flies right over the head of almost every single Christian, they read the name,'' Israel,'' and they think,'' Judah.''

But Israel is not Judah, they are two separate nations, two separate people in two separate religions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality