Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 08:35 AM

15,958 posts, read 7,021,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Cb I'm saying nothing about you. I'm explaining that her Op was based on something that I posted.
Ok gotcha. You should have then given some context for the rest of us latecomers, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 10:11 AM

563 posts, read 677,666 times
I have never had an altar in my home until a few months ago. An antique solid oak pulpit that was abandoned and needed repairs, was rescued by me and restored. It stands below a handmade rosary on the wall from Mejigoria, where the Virgin Mary made her last appearance. On this pulpit is a large Biblica-The Bible Atlas-2017 Ed. and my family Bible. I do not say all of my prayers to my GOD at this pulpit, I also use it to study timetables, maps, historical data, and recent archeological data as it pertains to Scripture. The Biblica-Atlas also has beautiful photographs of historical artwork I enjoy very much. I believe this part of our world is one of GOD'S favorite places in the Universe.

Last edited by glenninindy; 06-15-2020 at 11:25 AM..

Old 06-15-2020, 03:01 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
I have a little Buddha garden nestled around some trees in my yard. I've adorned it with various lovely rocks, beads and other things I have collected. It gives me peace and makes me smile whenever I look at it.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:02 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
I have my primary Buddha on a table next to the television set...no special meaning other than that's a place where I see it most often. I also have five other rescued Buddhas on a bookshelf in the livingroom, and one in an outdoor cactus garden just outside my bedroom window.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I have my primary Buddha on a table next to the television set...no special meaning other than that's a place where I see it most often. I also have five other rescued Buddhas on a bookshelf in the livingroom, and one in an outdoor cactus garden just outside my bedroom window.
Oooh, where can you go to rescue a Buddha? I'd love to have another one.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I had to leave all of my Thai Buddhas in Thailand when I returned to the States.

The best place I have found is, surprisingly (or maybe not surprisingly) antique malls...of course that would mean you might have to be in one of the bigger suburban areas. We have two that (until covid came along) I would visit each month. One that I found at the antique mall was one of the most lovely Buddha statues I've ever seen. Sometimes I see none, other times one or two.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:16 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
I'll email you a pic of me holding a slingshot to the head of a Buddha. We can discu$$ the amount of the ran$om....

Old 06-15-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'll email you a pic of me holding a slingshot to the head of a Buddha. We can discu$$ the amount of the ran$om....
Trout, you ALWAYS make me smile.

Old 06-15-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I had to leave all of my Thai Buddhas in Thailand when I returned to the States.

The best place I have found is, surprisingly (or maybe not surprisingly) antique malls...of course that would mean you might have to be in one of the bigger suburban areas. We have two that (until covid came along) I would visit each month. One that I found at the antique mall was one of the most lovely Buddha statues I've ever seen. Sometimes I see none, other times one or two.
I live in the boonies and haven't seen an antique mall in years, lol. But I'll keep an eye out. Those little guys are expensive!

Old 06-15-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I live in the boonies and haven't seen an antique mall in years, lol. But I'll keep an eye out. Those little guys are expensive!
That's one nice thing about the antique malls. Often people that sell there don't really know what they have. I have seen a few that were so expensive I wouldn't think of it, but others have been very reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality