Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 06:47 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,562,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
well, if we look at it metaphorically, I guess he is right. "enlighten" meaning most humans can't understand so its gone? yeah, maybe.

I still say if one walks around happy most the time then happiness is around them most of the time.

but I aint no dial a lama.

Sure, if we look at this metaphorically, a congenital idiot is always happy, as his mental capacities do not permit him to understand anything more than happiness, when he's fed and did not soil his underwear.

That's about the only category of a human I can possibly imagine, walking around always happy, unless you are referring to those faces on ads and commercials, always carrying idiotic happiness smiles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2019, 06:48 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
3. karma does not always occur as there have to be very complex sets of circumstances to permit karmic exteriorization.

4. One that did proper mental decision from what happened to him, resolved a particular karmic "burden" attached to him.

6. Every human conscious response is preceded by a thought. Sometimes, thought and action may follow so fast, that we do not even notice that thought was conceived first>action followed. But that is for conscious response. I'll try an example. 2 persons share bed, both are sound asleep. Say, one person gets bitten by something, or room catches on fire and hot coal touches skin. Just a hypothetical situation. While still asleep, person tosses and hits another person. There will be no karmic repercussion for that. Same person INTENTIONALLY hits another person. Karmic repercussion is programmed and will follow that person, until resolved in adequate manner.

7/ human being, during even one existence, creates millions of karmic instances that simply can not be physically resolved in one lifetime. As Conscious Self in a body re exists multiple times, until its Destiny is resolved, those karmic repercussions will keep following that Self, waiting on exteriorization, as educational moment, in form of accidents or other physical acts or thoughts. This will be happening until Self learns how to re exist without creating thoughts. As karma is based on conscious actions and every conscious action is preceded by a thought. No thinking - no karma creation.
It is all bound by the Law of Thought

This is the law: Every thing existing on the physical plane is an exteriorization of thought, which must be balanced through the one who issued the thought, and in accordance with that one's responsibility, at the conjunction of time, condition, and place.
It always interests me that when you post, you post virtually everything as pure fact. Meanwhile, most Buddhists have varying beliefs about how karma works, and karma is one of the most discussed and most disagreed about topics in the religion/philosophy...even among monks.

Old 10-19-2019, 06:52 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,562,983 times
And just to be sure.
Jainism is not similar to Buddhism. Buddhism is similar to Jainism. Jainism claims to go back in time millions of years. There have been multiple Jain Wise Men before Prince Siddhartha was born.

That young Prince was well educated in Jain matters, having the best education possible for that time and region, I have no doubt, as Mahavir was just in the recent past to him, eh, some few years before. Like yesterday. Maybe even same period. Maybe they even met, who knows. Great sages are like magnets.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
And just to be sure.
Jainism is not similar to Buddhism. Buddhism is similar to Jainism. Jainism claims to go back in time millions of years. There have been multiple Jain Wise Men before Prince Siddhartha was born.

That young Prince was well educated in Jain matters, having the best education possible for that time and region, I have no doubt, as Mahavir was just in the recent past to him, eh, some few years before. Like yesterday. Maybe even same period. Maybe they even met, who knows. Great sages are like magnets.
Similarity is not necessarily based on some time frame. The beliefs are somewhat similar. And no one is saying that Siddhartha was the first or only wise man.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:56 PM

15,945 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
It always interests me that when you post, you post virtually everything as pure fact. Meanwhile, most Buddhists have varying beliefs about how karma works, and karma is one of the most discussed and most disagreed about topics in the religion/philosophy...even among monks.

ukrkoz is explaining the concept of karma in Hinduism. This concept has been debated and analyzed by many sages who have left behind their thoughts and debates.

I dont know what kind of philosophical discussions have happened in buddhism

Last edited by cb2008; 10-19-2019 at 09:22 PM..

Old 10-19-2019, 09:44 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Sure, if we look at this metaphorically, a congenital idiot is always happy, as his mental capacities do not permit him to understand anything more than happiness, when he's fed and did not soil his underwear.

That's about the only category of a human I can possibly imagine, walking around always happy, unless you are referring to those faces on ads and commercials, always carrying idiotic happiness smiles.
I actually said most of the time. But i get yah. and yeah, I love when people point to how the mentally challenged can show how to live. generally speaking that is absolutely false and a clear indicator of emotion driving a person.

I know people that are up beat and positive. hey take their best shot and move happily to the net technical problem. They generally are happy and bring that happiness where ever they are. It might make a grump happy for a spell, just enough to hold the door for a person he doesn't like.

thats as far of Karma I will go. Unless new evidence shows me I am wrong.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:00 AM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
Quote:

it is certainly attainable to always be at peace,
no matter what circumstances a person finds themself in

there are many who are able to rest in that place of
"it is well with my soul"

and yes it is also possible to always have happiness in the heart.
there is nothing "idiotic" about that at all

Old 10-20-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
it is certainly attainable to always be at peace,
no matter what circumstances a person finds themself in

there are many who are able to rest in that place of
"it is well with my soul"

and yes it is also possible to always have happiness in the heart.
there is nothing "idiotic" about that at all
I basically agree, although I don't think it is always best to be "at peace".

Old 10-20-2019, 01:31 PM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I basically agree, although I don't think it is always best to be "at peace".
if a person rejects
peace, balance, order, harmony

then the alternative they are choosing is
strife, imbalance, disorder, discord, contention

why would you seek those?

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-20-2019 at 01:52 PM..

Old 10-20-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
if a person rejects
peace, balance, order, harmony

then the alternative they are choosing is
strife, imbalance, disorder, discord, contention

why would you seek those?
Where would we be in this nation if there had been no civil rights DEMONSTRATIONS, and even the riots. We'd still have Jim Crow. Going back further, where would be if everyone who was against slavery had simply remained "at peace".

Where would we be in this world if we had not defeated through military action Adolf Hitler and Japan?

Sure, I love peace. I love being at peace. But until everyone feels that way --something that will never happen -- no one can truly be at peace.

It is always a struggle, both internally and world-wide to try to maintain balance and order. And I cannot think of a time when the world was in harmony.

It's a great goal. Perhaps the most noble goal. But it has never been achieved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality