Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 12:29 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,637,187 times

Advertisements

Im wondering if anyone knows a little bit about these things?

I have been doing some reading and research on the topic of 'Dogman' sightings/encounters, this is a fascinating topic if you have never heard about it!! I put it in the religious forum because that is the aspect Im wanting this thread to be about.(not debating on sightings or mis-identifactions).

(I will say at first that I suspect many of these sightings are mis-identifications of other animals, however not all of them.)

Usually when people encounter these things, they are 'naked', but Ive noticed quite a few and many older ones dating back to the 1940s, people reported that these things were wearing clothing, torn, tattered, dirty clothing, but clothing nonetheless, I also noticed that majority of the sightings were fairly close to large population centers, on the outskirts of town for instance, in densely wooded areas.

I started to think about this more and Im starting to believe this is the result of some kind of curse, I dont think these people are in this form forever, I think its temporary. There was an old case in the 1890s where loggers chased a bipedal creature (head of a dog/wolf and body of a man), they shot it and tracked it, and eventually came upon a dead man (in the form of a man).

Another more recent case, a female biologist was out hiking with friends in southern IN, and went off to use the bathroom behind some trees, she said one of these creatures came walking up on her, but she claimed it was not threatening (but it was trying to be), she said it tried to vocalize at her several times and its behavior was bizarre (it was wearing an old dirty torn up mens shirt). She had the distinct feeling this thing was more human than beast.(Her description of this thing is a 6 ft tall bipedal wolf/dog man, black in color, head that resembled a canine, snout, fangs, pointy ears on top of head, very muscular upper body of a man, slender waist, reversed knees of a canine, feet were large paws, hands were human with claws, no tail of any kind, she also noted it smelled very bad and alot of drooling saliva.She claimed it looked almost identical to the werewolf in the 2004 movie 'Van Helsing'.)

More on the religious aspect on this, Ive read about Saint Christopher who was supposedly stricken with something like this before he became devoted to God, the claims are he had the head of a dog but when he turned to God, he was changed into a man.

Based on what Ive read, I do not believe this afflicts many people, (my state had a total of 3 sightings, KY), the state with the highest, MI, WI, IL, had around 15-20 sightings going back decades). Does this sound like a curse to anyone, or maybe something similar? (maybe somehow associated with spirituality/religion?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2019, 02:57 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,038,708 times
Most likely these are fallen angels which are angels the living God rejected , which these beast hold curses and can show them selves in the natural realm ..... These wicked angels hold curses on most people through out the world where these curses can last a lifetime as it will go against the will of man , where man just gives up and conform and adopts curses as normal like tobacco use or alcohol use or , where man may need to resist and turn away from these curses by their will ............. See these wicked angels are the sightings of ghost and ufos , where they have been known to be seen falling into the sea and reappearing flying out of the sea in unnatural speeds, and spooking people in areas where people believe that there are ghosts or spirits movements .......... Many anointed Christians have gifts of God , the power through Jesus Holy Spirit to looses these wicked angels and bind them up and caste them down out of people spiritual space for to break curses , where they break curses for health and other things which bind man................Then there are demons which are devils which work with these wicked angels but the wicked angels are more likely seen in the natural then the demons

Old 12-29-2019, 03:33 PM

19,090 posts, read 27,667,472 times
As one of possible explanations, go here, to 5:30 and on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMryd4gurQk

Old 12-30-2019, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Most likely these are fallen angels which are angels the living God rejected , which these beast hold curses and can show them selves in the natural realm ..... These wicked angels hold curses on most people through out the world where these curses can last a lifetime as it will go against the will of man , where man just gives up and conform and adopts curses as normal like tobacco use or alcohol use or , where man may need to resist and turn away from these curses by their will ............. See these wicked angels are the sightings of ghost and ufos , where they have been known to be seen falling into the sea and reappearing flying out of the sea in unnatural speeds, and spooking people in areas where people believe that there are ghosts or spirits movements .......... Many anointed Christians have gifts of God , the power through Jesus Holy Spirit to looses these wicked angels and bind them up and caste them down out of people spiritual space for to break curses , where they break curses for health and other things which bind man................Then there are demons which are devils which work with these wicked angels but the wicked angels are more likely seen in the natural then the demons
Hmmm, I dont know about that, why would they not be attacking people then? Of all these cases, worldwide, I never read any where the creature physically attacked a person, its mostly intimidation and trying to appear threatening, and they always fade back into the forest and disappear.

Plus, there is the fact that these encounters are very rare... few and far between.

One of the 3 encounters in my state took place in a city I used to live when I was married, the area she saw it is an industrial park, but its deserted at night, she had gotten off the expressway and had to quickly find a place to use the bathroom, she turned up into this area, she pulls off onto a small service road and goes behind her car to squat down...she then notices 2 deer standing nearby, frozen, standing completely still and looking at something across the street...she looks over and sees one of these bipedal creatures (same description as above). Apparently this lady had some experience in canine training, the first thing she did was to drop down on all fours and start to growl in its direction, she said this confused it and its snout went up in the air sniffing away, she used this time to jump in her car and drive away as fast as she could.

This creature sounds more like a 'creature' than some kind of spiritual fallen angel, manifesting in our world in some scary form, I dont think she could have confused a fallen angel in that way, this also applies to many of the other encounters, the behavior is just so bizarre, even for a fallen angel.

Im in the process of doing more research on this topic though, Ive sent out emails to a few people that have claimed to have encounters, so hopefully I will be able to learn some new things soon.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:12 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,775,138 times
This is all new to me. 'Dogman'? I'll have to Google that. But I could see a discussion of "Historical Sightings" of that kinds getting into the UFO magazines when the were running short of Flying saucer stories to print. Especially in the Old Days before the Human perception of the typical space -alien selected 'greys' from more humanoid forms than you could shake a stick at, (making it Iconic in the Close encounters film (1) including Mothmen, Lizard -men, Lobster- men and giant apes. Dogman -sightings would have been happily accepted along with ghostly appartitions, Blessed Virgin appearances and scarey gnomes. And never mind that there wasn't a flying saucer anywhere near.

(1) where J. Allen Hynek, prominent UFO expert was advisor to Spielberg on UFO/Alien sightings.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:16 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,875,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
This is all new to me. 'Dogman'? I'll have to Google that. But I could see a discussion of "Historical Sightings" of that kinds getting into the UFO magazines when the were running short of Flying saucer stories to print. Especially in the Old Days before the Human perception of the typical space -alien selected 'greys' from more humanoid forms than you could shake a stick at, including Mothmen, Lizard -men, Lobster- men and giant apes. Dogman -sightings would have been happily accepted along with ghostly appartitions, Blessed Virgin appearances and scarey gnomes. And never mind that there wasn't a flying saucer anywhere near.
I'm sure they also see mermaids when the go to the seaside.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I'm sure they also see mermaids when the go to the seaside.
I don't actually recall mermaids but certainly the Loch Ness monster was co -opted into the UFO alien sightings roster. Oh - and Black panther sightings, too. It was very much preparing me for what I would encounter with religious True Believers.

I haven't even touched on Crop Circles, but they were an instructive Thing that i saw through from the first stunning evidence (1) through to 'scientific' attempts to explain them up to when it became quite clear that they were fakes and had been from the start. Right up to the present Cultish denialism, when it has become an art -form and even used for advertising.

Nor have I touched on how instructive it was to see see fakery in action. Fakery of the believer type - the Aliens were known to be real on Faith and thus fakery was ok if it convinced people of what was true anyway. I am sure that lying for Jesus, fiddling of science and faking of paluxy footprints works the same way. There are fun -fakes too (2)

(1) with the absolutely NDE-advocate -like insistence that there was no other possible explanation but Flying saucers, morphing of course into 'messages from aliens' when it became clear that the elaborate patterns could not be just landing spacecraft. .

(2) the scarey gnome was perhaps one of the pivotal fakes towards the end because it loked fakey, but one could not be quite sure. The 'you can't prove it isn't true' meme was played to the full.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD-UXS2mpPk

But the whole thing was blown when it was seen that there were two versions of the same scene. It has been 'shot' twice. There was no saving other than the most bonehead denial, if it is still going on.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 12-30-2019 at 01:55 AM..

Old 12-30-2019, 11:27 PM

Quote:
This is all new to me. 'Dogman'? I'll have to Google that. But I could see a discussion of "Historical Sightings" of that kinds getting into the UFO magazines when the were running short of Flying saucer stories to print. Especially in the Old Days before the Human perception of the typical space -alien selected 'greys' from more humanoid forms than you could shake a stick at, (making it Iconic in the Close encounters film (1) including Mothmen, Lizard -men, Lobster- men and giant apes. Dogman -sightings would have been happily accepted along with ghostly appartitions, Blessed Virgin appearances and scarey gnomes. And never mind that there wasn't a flying saucer anywhere near.

(1) where J. Allen Hynek, prominent UFO expert was advisor to Spielberg on UFO/Alien sightings.
Im surprised you have never heard about this, there are numerous websites devoted to it, Ive never seen it linked in any way to UFOs though. ts closer to the Bigfoot phenomena, but its also much different in a number of ways.

I listened to a guy from Louisiana talk about his encounter with one of these things back in 2005, he was a cop at that time, and is now a federal investigator, but says federal and state wildlife authorities are aware of these things and there is a protocol in place when an reported encounter takes place. His encounter was pretty close, about 35 ft away and was able to shine a flashlight on it and see many details (description is exactly the same as every other one out there), but one small thing he did notice, while the thing had hair everywhere, it was not as thick on the chest, midriff and forearms, he claimed to see what looked like a 'tattoo' on the forearm, he didnt give it much thought at the time, because he was so frightened, but after awhile he got to wondering about this detail and he has come to believe this was/is a human person, (in another form), and as crazy as it may sound, there may be something to the old legends of 'werewolves'...

* I cannot recall this priests name, but I remember listening to a speech online where a priest was talking about these things, in his youth before he was ordained he had lived out in the rural areas somewhere in the midwest, and he had seen these things a few times, and after he was ordained he did some research on them and found a wealth of information about them, he used the term 'Loup Garou' as well in his speeches, ( I wish I could remember this guys name, he was tall, thin, white beard, he was pretty popular for his beliefs if I recall correctly, does this sound familiar to anyone?

He claimed he has been doing research on these things for the past 6 months and said the indians in the LA bayou country know all about these things, they call them 'Loup Garous', the Indians say it is a human being under the curse of witchcraft.

Im going to check out the Cincinnati Public Library this weekend and see if I can find some books there that he mentioned, he said there was a lot of information about these things in books over the years and it was all readily available to anyone who wanted them.

Old 12-31-2019, 06:41 AM

Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to make time to look it up. But the fact is that there are so many records of people seeing this and that, and it's amazing how often when you track it down it isn't quite as it got reported.

The Bigfoot film is still loudly claimed to be 'Impossible' to fake. Just as was claimed for the crop circles. And yet they are done every day - to make advertisements. I did see a docu. investigating Bigfoot DNA. Totally debunked Bigfoot but suggested that Yeti might be real. Dead silence on that so I wonder whether this represented real science. However, the point is that a dude who recounted in convincing detail how he encountered a Yeti and got its' blood on his boots was told than forensic examination of these boots showed no blood. He got very upset - as upset as a dowser whose dowsing efforts failed to work (another laughed and said it was God playing a joke) and of course so many, many fakes never mind faulty research.

Foe example the African school case, investigated by a believer. While there seems to be been some event or a claimed event by a few schoolkids, the claim that an alien humanoid seen by most of the school led to the face of the human being drawn. What seems to have happened is that the drawings of different faces and what looked like African masks were discarded and the one drawing that looked like an alien was selected as representing the nearest to what the whole school saw. It is the old problem of bias selecting the evidence to support the theory, and probably done without even knowing.

This seems to be the case with the Hills. And indeed with Alien abduction and a lot of these memory recall cases. It is like an unintentional Cold reading. The subject is led to 'reveal' more. Which means making it up.

One of the most controversial cases was Villas Boas whose Venus seductress caused a lot of incredulity, but the case produced one of the biggest arguments in the UFO apologist roster - bigger even than 'no Morality without God'. "Why would they lie?"

That is the Bible -dilemma between those who simply dismiss it as unbelievable, and those like me who require some good reason to discount it. A fellow UFO bod and I analysed the case and found some serious flaws in the story. Nothing that an adroit apologist couldn't get over by citing human error but it suggested that the story had been invented as it wouldn't make sense in actuality Just as the Herod and magi story shows clear signs of invention and not making sense otherwise.

I might mention the third (basic evidence) case - Socorro, claimed as a hoax not too long ago, and while that was dismissed outright by the believers as much as the Christian apologists seem to dismiss without even so much as a comment the lockdown evidence that the resurrection stories are separately invented and are terminally mutually contradictory ('weaving them together' has been a brilliant way of covering that fact up and they have got totally away with it up to now), it makes perfect sense (much more than the 'apollo module' rationalisation that just did not work) and I noted a curious thing - the contactee's story appeared to have changed. Instead of a an egg on its' end (which fits the 'balloon -hoax' story) it changed to an oval on its' side, which sounds more saucer -like. Whose idea it was to revise the story to make it sound more like a saucer, I don't know, but that is what appears to have occurred.

So the Big Three went down as Hoax, mistake and fabrication, knocking the stilts from under UFOlogy. Not that it still doesn't have adherents and even an unexplained phenomenon, but the Case has collapsed as surely as the case for Christianity, on its' Big Three - Resurrection attested by the disciples. Morality and 'Who made everything, then?'.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 12-31-2019 at 06:53 AM..

Old 12-31-2019, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to make time to look it up. But the fact is that there are so many records of people seeing this and that, and it's amazing how often when you track it down it isn't quite as it got reported.

The Bigfoot film is still loudly claimed to be 'Impossible' to fake. Just as was claimed for the crop circles. And yet they are done every day - to make advertisements. I did see a docu. investigating Bigfoot DNA. Totally debunked Bigfoot but suggested that Yeti might be real. Dead silence on that so I wonder whether this represented real science. However, the point is that a dude who recounted in convincing detail how he encountered a Yeti and got its' blood on his boots was told than forensic examination of these boots showed no blood. He got very upset - as upset as a dowser whose dowsing efforts failed to work (another laughed and said it was God playing a joke) and of course so many, many fakes never mind faulty research.

Foe example the African school case, investigated by a believer. While there seems to be been some event or a claimed event by a few schoolkids, the claim that an alien humanoid seen by most of the school led to the face of the human being drawn. What seems to have happened is that the drawings of different faces and what looked like African masks were discarded and the one drawing that looked like an alien was selected as representing the nearest to what the whole school saw. It is the old problem of bias selecting the evidence to support the theory, and probably done without even knowing.

This seems to be the case with the Hills. And indeed with Alien abduction and a lot of these memory recall cases. It is like an unintentional Cold reading. The subject is led to 'reveal' more. Which means making it up.

One of the most controversial cases was Villas Boas whose Venus seductress caused a lot of incredulity, but the case produced one of the biggest arguments in the UFO apologist roster - bigger even than 'no Morality without God'. "Why would they lie?"

That is the Bible -dilemma between those who simply dismiss it as unbelievable, and those like me who require some good reason to discount it. A fellow UFO bod and I analysed the case and found some serious flaws in the story. Nothing that an adroit apologist couldn't get over by citing human error but it suggested that the story had been invented as it wouldn't make sense in actuality Just as the Herod and magi story shows clear signs of invention and not making sense otherwise.

I might mention the third (basic evidence) case - Socorro, claimed as a hoax not too long ago, and while that was dismissed outright by the believers as much as the Christian apologists seem to dismiss without even so much as a comment the lockdown evidence that the resurrection stories are separately invented and are terminally mutually contradictory ('weaving them together' has been a brilliant way of covering that fact up and they have got totally away with it up to now), it makes perfect sense (much more than the 'apollo module' rationalisation that just did not work) and I noted a curious thing - the contactee's story appeared to have changed. Instead of a an egg on its' end (which fits the 'balloon -hoax' story) it changed to an oval on its' side, which sounds more saucer -like. Whose idea it was to revise the story to make it sound more like a saucer, I don't know, but that is what appears to have occurred.

So the Big Three went down as Hoax, mistake and fabrication, knocking the stilts from under UFOlogy. Not that it still doesn't have adherents and even an unexplained phenomenon, but the Case has collapsed as surely as the case for Christianity, on its' Big Three - Resurrection attested by the disciples. Morality and 'Who made everything, then?'.
Dogman cases are a little different from those you mentioned...If it is some kind of curse and these are human beings afflicted, Im not sure how 'science' could even begin to investigate.

For instance, lets say someone gets a dogman hair and has it analyzed, since its a 'curse' I have no idea what the results of a test like that may be, It would probably just show up as a normal human or normal canine...?

What Id like to find out, is how physical changes this drastic can happen due to a 'supernatural' curse. We have all seen the Hollywood movies that show humans transforming into werewolves, its usually depicted as a very painful and uncomfortable process, but how do the 'mechanics' of that take place, or begin? There is considerable physical differences between a normal human being and a 'werewolf', MAJOR differences in bone structure, size, weight, just about everything!

Plus, in so many of the encounters, the witnesses report behavior and actions that would be totally impossible for a normal biological creature, like running bipedal at 50-60 mph, incredible strength and 'stealth'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality