Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2020, 09:14 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,222,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Still who created who first? In the beginning before man existed, what did he create? "Something" made man before man created anything.

And it is man that seems to be a bit short on answers; when man ran out of answers and created many, many gods...men as gods doing as they wished. And in the end they come to destroy everything. Man and this system is in the business of creating man in its own image...and indeed, man created this lying beast system.

How does God create a man in his image? In the beginning was the word...but man asks for forgiveness when he should be asking for understanding. How does a father raise a son in his own image? God is using words which require reasoning and understanding.

And it is not God that is running out of answers...it is men. Mankind.

We know how God creates a man in his image...words. And we know how men create men in their image...no words needed...

When did God create Man in his image? Not yet?

-

[But]

When did man create God in his image?

When has he ever stopped creating gods in his image? Lying gods of violence and destruction. Devils.

In the beginning was the word, but the world was without understanding? Climate change is speeding up, the better the economy the faster it speeds. no connection?
I don't believe a god-thing created man.

Man is a primate who evolved from an earlier shared primate ancestor. As man's intelligence and curiosity grew he began to ask questions for which he had no answer.

No answer, of course, until man invented a god-thing to thank/blame.

And so it goes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 09:33 AM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Man is a primate who evolved from an earlier shared primate ancestor. As man's intelligence and curiosity grew he began to ask questions for which he had no answer.
And so it goes.
As most do, you equate being human with our physical form but it is our spiritual form (consciousness) that actually defines us. It is our spiritual forms who are conversing on this forum, not our physical forms. God is the source of our consciousness (Spirit) that enables us to converse and contemplate our Reality. That is when we became human as distinct from our physical hominid ancestors.

Old 03-26-2020, 03:38 PM

19,090 posts, read 27,667,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As most do, you equate being human with our physical form but it is our spiritual form (consciousness) that actually defines us. It is our spiritual forms who are conversing on this forum, not our physical forms. God is the source of our consciousness (Spirit) that enables us to converse and contemplate our Reality. That is when we became human as distinct from our physical hominid ancestors.

Do you see fallacy in your statement? tempted to let it be and wait for answer but..
You contradict yourself.
Above you say god and below you say our hominid ancestors.
This indicates that you came from hominid ancestors.

Same indicates, god has none to do with it.
This is illogical.
You are presuming that intelligent, self conscious humans are derivatives of unintelligent, non self conscious primates. What is the way of evolution. Then, god should not be tangled into this.

Old 03-26-2020, 03:48 PM

63,907 posts, read 40,187,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Do you see fallacy in your statement? tempted to let it be and wait for answer but..
You contradict yourself.
Above you say god and below you say our hominid ancestors.
This indicates that you came from hominid ancestors.

Same indicates, god has none to do with it.
This is illogical.
You are presuming that intelligent, self conscious humans are derivatives of unintelligent, non self conscious primates. What is the way of evolution. Then, god should not be tangled into this.
It would be too much work to try to untangle the presumptions that create your confusion. God is the source of everything, that includes the hominids. God selected among the hominids to choose which ones to imbue with our unique consciousness (breathe His spirit into us to create the "living souls" that are humanity). It is our consciousness (Spiritual form) that is the concern of God, NOT our physical forms or physical life.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:09 PM

1,488 posts, read 483,317 times
Quote:

And so it goes.
And so it goes...That you can only view yourself as greater than that from which you came. You can only dishonor the history from which you say you come, by your self perceived evolving and "better than" status that you crown yourself with.

While death and decaying back into the ground proves that you are not greater than that from which you came, and the reality you must face. In choosing your greater than stance.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:28 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,222,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
And so it goes...That you can only view yourself as greater than that from which you came. You can only dishonor the history from which you say you come, by your self perceived evolving and "better than" status that you crown yourself with.

While death and decaying back into the ground proves that you are not greater than that from which you came, and the reality you must face. In choosing your greater than stance.
I am only "greater" than my primate kin - indeed, any and all animal/vegetable/mineral kin - by virtue of my prefontal cortex and opposable thumb.

Many, if not most of them, are "greater" than me in many respects.

It's unfortunate you are aptly named. Perhaps one day the scum will clear and you will see far and sharply - as a good chief should.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:47 PM

Quote:

It's unfortunate you are aptly named. Perhaps one day the scum will clear and you will see far and sharply - as a good chief should.

It isn't unfortunate that I chose that as my screen name. When the scum clears, the fish see, breathe and live much better, Trout Dude. Beelzebub can't fool them or nuisance them.

Old 03-27-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
I am only "greater" than my primate kin - indeed, any and all animal/vegetable/mineral kin - by virtue of my prefontal cortex and opposable thumb.

Many, if not most of them, are "greater" than me in many respects.

All you have explained there is being the greatest thing in your own mind.

I don't claim to be greater than that from which I came. Which means I have a home to return too. I can also receive correction and learn. In a shared understanding. And know that God is with me, through it all.

Last edited by chief scum; 03-27-2020 at 07:22 AM..

Old 03-27-2020, 10:55 AM

19,090 posts, read 27,667,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It would be too much work to try to untangle the presumptions that create your confusion. God is the source of everything, that includes the hominids. God selected among the hominids to choose which ones to imbue with our unique consciousness (breathe His spirit into us to create the "living souls" that are humanity). It is our consciousness (Spiritual form) that is the concern of God, NOT our physical forms or physical life.

Oh, I see. You are follower of the devine evolution theory.
Nothing wrong with that, just a theory.

Though, bit surprised, you passed on resolving such a simple logical chain of thoughts.

Anyhow. Here's another theory. Just as good, theories are theories.

The so called hominids are simply degraded humans. As humanity entered period of "devolution", it resulted in physical forms, slanted towards less intelligent, animal types. Resulting in, say, Neanderthal and Cro Magnon types.

Those, who by choice, deprived themselves of The Light of Intelligence, ended in those forms.

Remember fellow by the name Lambroso? He'd have had some say on this... Of course, he's a charlatan. No doubt. Whatever the mighty official science says.

Old 03-27-2020, 04:22 PM

18,253 posts, read 16,954,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That begs the question of How did Satan even gain access to Eden, in order to tempt Adam and Eve, considering God had just kicked him out of heaven for rebellion...its not at all realistic that God would allow Satan to enter Eden, the place where his 2 most beloved creations resided!!!

Ask yourself this...if you and your spouse just had newborn twin babies, would you 'allow' someone who wanted to kill you, to gain entrance to where your babies live and allow them to come into contact with the babies?

The theory, or one of them--silly as it sounds--is that God knew from the beginning that man was going to sin so He made the Jesus salvation plan then, not as a result of Adam's sin. The other part was that God wanted to demonstrate to humanity how good He is so He deliberately set Adam up to fall so that He could send Jesus to die and save man from hell. Sort of like a gangster blowing up your competitor's place of business and then coming to you and saying, "See what happen to him? I can save you from that. But it's going to cost you $1 million a month." Except in this case the payoff for God's mercy is believing in Jesus and submitting to him in everything in your life. And we all know that submitting to Jesus is just a cover for submitting to the church leaders and doing that they tell you to do under the guise that they are Jesus' emissaries on earth. And of course that includes paying pay-off money to them in the guise of tithes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality