Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 06:21 PM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times

Advertisements

Aye, it's raining! And the flowers love it in this beetle killed forest I live in, it is so beautiful! Renewal, a fabulous gift from our creator!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 07:00 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times

YouTube - Reverence

Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
[All of us share this world for but a brief moment in time. The question is whether we spend that time focused on what pushes us apart, or whether we commit ourselves to an effort -a sustained effort -to find a common ground, to focus on the future we seek for our children, and to respect the dignity of all human beings.] These are some very powerful words quoted by President Barak Obama as part of his speech in Cairo, Egypt, these are the words of a very wise man, a man who understands that we are all one children under the same Creator, a man who is ahead of his time and hopefully these words will be remembered forever.

This reminds me of the words of the great Chief Seattle, [Humankind has not woven the web of life, We are but one thread within it, Whatever we do to the web, We do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connected.]

Old 06-04-2009, 03:38 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
I also listened to the speech from Cairo this morning..I am more and more in awe with the wisdom of the President..I believe it comes from his heart for humanity, not from the game of politics

Old 06-05-2009, 06:51 AM

Default take it! off topic in all esteemed eyes ....

children of a lesser god ....

YouTube - Harp Pachelbel Canon in D

Old 06-05-2009, 07:48 PM

The first piece, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness, with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center of the universe dwells The Creator, and that this center is really everywhere, it is within each of us. This is the real piece, and the others are about reflections of this. The second piece is that which is made between two individuals, and the third is that which is made between two nations. But above all you should understand that there can never be peace between nations until there is known the true peace, which, as I have often said, is within the souls of men.

Tonight I sit among those of you here in the quiet solitude of the sacred circle and renew my spirit, it is good to be among the peoples of the sacred circle.osay

Old 06-05-2009, 08:34 PM

YouTube - Max Richter - The Nature of Daylight

Last edited by effie g-tad; 06-05-2009 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/0,1518,628871,00.html

Old 06-08-2009, 06:54 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,554,984 times
Thumbs up All paths lead to God

Thank you for starting such an inclusive circle. I like to think each of God's creatures belong inside it. I've searched religions since I could read, and find the core of each is pretty simple: love, compassion, and forgiveness.

Then, I learned there is nothing to forgive, leaving only love and compassion.

I say the Lord's Prayer, but I think God, Allah, Great Spirit, etc, are are all names for that Essence in our hearts that lead us on the path to true joy and happiness.

May that Essence keep you all the days of your life.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Thank you for starting such an inclusive circle. I like to think each of God's creatures belong inside it. I've searched religions since I could read, and find the core of each is pretty simple: love, compassion, and forgiveness.

Then, I learned there is nothing to forgive, leaving only love and compassion.

I say the Lord's Prayer, but I think God, Allah, Great Spirit, etc, are are all names for that Essence in our hearts that lead us on the path to true joy and happiness.

May that Essence keep you all the days of your life.
LookinForMayberry,welcome to this sacred circle,you'll find a very large diverse group here,we are all from many different cultures and religious beliefs, however the one thing that we all have in common is the respect for humankind and the realization that we are all Brothers and Sisters under the same Creator.So come and sit a spell,you will always be welcomed.osay

Old 06-09-2009, 08:31 PM

maybach!

somes picking a Smoking Mirror 2day ~~~~

YouTube - How To Make a Virgo Fall in Love With You

rhyming anything?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality