Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 07:15 PM

163 posts, read 293,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Who will sit with me in the sacred circle of peace, harmony and understanding.
Hi, what a nice thread! I've only read a few, there a like a ton of them. But if they are as generous and warm in spirit with what I have already read. It will be a good place to come to and get rested and refreshed. I really don't have anything to say tonite. Tho, I loved that pic you just did of the storm coming in ptsum, it was beautiful with the sun's rays coming out from behind it. Thank you for sharing that with us. It's clear here now and comfortable temps with my windows open. We wait all winter for days and nites like this. Thank you Sweet Lord!!!
Anyways, I did say I didn't have anything to say, so I'll just sit down and rest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 09:38 PM

14 posts, read 142,892 times
May I enter the sacred circle? I would like to share a prayer that brings tears to my eyes each and every time I see it....it speaks to me deeply (have it hung on my livingroom wall). It may have already been posted here as I will be honest.....I did not read every post....

Oh Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the wind,
whose breath gives life to the world, hear me.
I come to you as one of your many children,
I am small and weak, I need your strength and wisdom.
May I walk in beauty, make my eyes behold the red and
purple sunset, make my hands respect the things that
you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice.
Make me wise so that I may know the things that you
have taught your children, the lessons that you have
hidden in every leaf and rock. Make me strong....not to
be superior to my brothers but to be able to fight my
greatest enemy.....myself. Make me ever ready to come
to you with straight eyes so that when life fades as the
faded sunset, my spirit will come to you without shame.

I posted this on another thread a very long time ago....thought it was appropriate here!!

Old 06-18-2009, 04:32 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,986 times
^^^^

you are so welcome!

i saw a little falcon crest this morning, the pictures going well with some mail received...

great spirit, the sound calls 4 u!

YouTube - Jessye Norman sings "Amazing Grace"

Old 06-18-2009, 06:23 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times
Moon Water, that was awesome! Thanks!!

Old 06-18-2009, 08:42 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Cloudwalking, Moon Water, it is good to have you sit among us, we are all individuals of different faiths and cultures that come to this sacred circle in peace and understanding and tolerance of all beliefs, we all know that there are many different paths to the Creator and we all know that we have to choose our own path that is right for us as an individual, no one belief or culture is better than any other, we are all equal in the eyes of the Creator, there is no wrong path to travel. Moon Water, thank you for sharing that prayer with us and yes it has been posted here before but it is always good to see it again and I can see that it has a very special place in your heart and that is good. Cloudwalking, sometimes the most important and profound things are said with the fewest words, it is good to have you sit among us, sit and enjoy the peace, quiet and harmony, it is good to have you among us.osay

Old 06-19-2009, 09:37 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,118,036 times
Cloudwalking and Moon Water, it is good to see you here in the circle. OrionsAngel, Congrations to your daughter on her graduation.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:16 AM

444 posts, read 1,212,339 times
Thanks Masonsdaughter! It was a big deal for us, she was the first of the six children I raised to graduate on time!
We get to share a beautiful day today! Birds are ringing it in, and here comes the train, I love that sound echoing in the canyon.
Ptsum, I meant "before" the rain picture you had posted. Beautiful photo.
We have a three legged fox that lives up here, a front leg is missing but he gets around just fine. The bear came to have a feast out of the trash cans and bird feeders, I call it carryout,lol.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:34 AM

^^

YouTube - Cataratas de Iguaçu (Iguazu Waterfall)

Old 06-20-2009, 08:21 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionsAngel View Post
Thanks Masonsdaughter! It was a big deal for us, she was the first of the six children I raised to graduate on time!
We get to share a beautiful day today! Birds are ringing it in, and here comes the train, I love that sound echoing in the canyon.
Ptsum, I meant "before" the rain picture you had posted. Beautiful photo.
We have a three legged fox that lives up here, a front leg is missing but he gets around just fine. The bear came to have a feast out of the trash cans and bird feeders, I call it carryout,lol.

Ahhhh, sounds like you carry it out and they carry it away, I'm sure brother bear appreciates you doing that....

Old 06-20-2009, 08:36 AM

~~~~

who could have been ing the sacred circle 2 add a takeout service 4 a better world?

YouTube - Miriam Makeba-The Naughty Little Flea!

Last edited by effie g-tad; 06-20-2009 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: icc erasmus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality